Scottish players in action 20/21 - Page 50 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 20/21

romanticscot

Ryan Gauld played quite well against Porto last night. He almost scored the equalizer, unfortunately, Porto won 0-1. The Farense keeper made about 4 or 5 amazing saves.

He's rubbing shoulders with players like Pepe, etc. Must be loving it.

If Farense go down, I can see a mid-table Portuguese team snapping him up. His contract is up in the summer.

18 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

Ryan Gauld played quite well against Porto last night. He almost scored the equalizer, unfortunately, Porto won 0-1. The Farense keeper made about 4 or 5 amazing saves.

He's rubbing shoulders with players like Pepe, etc. Must be loving it.

If Farense go down, I can see a mid-table Portuguese team snapping him up. His contract is up in the summer.

Don't know how much money mid table Portuguese  teams have but I would imagine he will do better than that.

1 hour ago, bazmidd said:

Stuart Armstrong, brilliant for Southampton again tonight, how do we fit him into our side? 

he is really competing with Mcginn for the advanced midfield role in a three man midfield.  Only other way we can accommodate him is if we drop a striker to play a box in a 3-6-1 he would play alongside Mcginn.  Alternatively Mcginn moves back in to a holding role which I don’t think suits him. Could he play right wing back?

after that we would need to change formation... play him right side of a 4.   

1 hour ago, bazmidd said:

Stuart Armstrong, brilliant for Southampton again tonight, how do we fit him into our side? 

Played on the left today and sounds like he was better than he is on the right!

Maybe time to start looking at playing 3--4--3, although it is a formation I don't quite get and it creates an all new "what to do with Robertson" problem

4 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

How did fraser play? I noticed he was subbed late on

4 hours ago, ProudScot said:

Let’s wait for Kirk to tell us..

4 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Didn't watch it but according to WhoScored he was close to useless, as he has been for over a year, apart from when he plays for us.

When does loyalty become stupidity is the question , he was pretty poor at turning up for long enough. 

Hes overrated 

Hardly turned up for Scotland either.

File under  James Forrest

8 hours ago, Malcolm said:

he is really competing with Mcginn for the advanced midfield role in a three man midfield.  Only other way we can accommodate him is if we drop a striker to play a box in a 3-6-1 he would play alongside Mcginn.  Alternatively Mcginn moves back in to a holding role which I don’t think suits him. Could he play right wing back?

after that we would need to change formation... play him right side of a 4.   

I have wondered about him at right wing back before, has the engine to get up and down but he's a player you really want in the final third as much as possible. His best position is clearly coming in from right Midfield in a 4 but that would require a change to a 4-4-2 which creates other conundrums!

12 hours ago, bazmidd said:

Id play him right wing back against sides of similar or worse standard than us. Switch to a more defensive player for games against the top sides.

He is a very intelligent player (England last minute aside). Gives alot of energy but with composure. Very good at give and goes and one of the very few players in a Scotlsnd shirt who isnt scared to go past a player with the ball.

29 minutes ago, noctonjock said:

Yeah I'm a leeds fan and I think he could play right side . Think he will be playing right side for a while as the other 2 centre backs are out for a fair bit 

Think Cooper is proving himself as a premier league class defender. Would be nice to have one on the right as well as Tierney on left. 

Mind you if I was in charge it would be a Hanley Cooper Tierney back three. Cooper is so far ahead of Gallagher ability wise. 

2 hours ago, breeks_mctavish said:

Gilmour not even on the bench. He needs to get himself a loan move to another Premier League team fast if we are going to see him in our Euros squad

Hopefully he has a plan of some sort. If hes not injured he should be there. New manager though and he could be well out of the side depending how he sees him

2 hours ago, breeks_mctavish said:

Gilmour not even on the bench. He needs to get himself a loan move to another Premier League team fast if we are going to see him in our Euros squad

Was reading yesterday that this new Chelsea manager isn't exactly great at blooding youngsters. Doesn't bode well for Gilmore at the moment

55 minutes ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

Was reading yesterday that this new Chelsea manager isn't exactly great at blooding youngsters. Doesn't bode well for Gilmore at the moment

im not too worried about Gilmour for the euros.  He’s a squad player for the future at the moment.  If he is good enough he will secure a 1st team slot.  We are well covered in his position.