Scottish players in action 20/21 - Page 37 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 20/21

romanticscot

1 hour ago, GraemeTA said:

Ive not seen much of turnbull but between Motherwell and celtic for a midfielder he seems to get plenty goals. Exactly what we need. Dykes i think has 1 apart from penalties out of 20 odd games this season. We need goals from somewhere

I have, this boy is fuckin class man. I'm no saying this because I am a  Celtic man, Turnbull is pure class. He just so calm on the ball, never panics, has great vision, and not afraid to take anyone on. His corners and dead balls are spot on. The big thing is his energy, he never stops. Oh aye, and he scores goals...🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

5 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Mcintyre scores for Reading

Man of the Match to boot. 

Bates on the bench for Cercle Brugge today. He's only started 6 times for one of the bottom teams in the Belgium league, Honestly think we can put to bed any suggestions he should play for Scotland any time soon.

Stats wise Turnball is just about the best player in the SPL.

9 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Man of the Match to boot. 

Bates on the bench for Cercle Brugge today. He's only started 6 times for one of the bottom teams in the Belgium league, Honestly think we can put to bed any suggestions he should play for Scotland any time soon.

Stats wise Turnball is just about the best player in the SPL.

Thank fuck he is Scottish.. Hands off.. Get to fuck... He is one of us !!!!🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿😉

1 minute ago, The Black Bra said:

He’s Player of the Match on the BBC Sport website player rater, not official MOTM.

Saw were it was, not sure who even decides who  the official MOTM is. BBC site does give players ratings to two decimal places so they must have some way of looking at a players performance that isn't just one guys opinion. However they do mark everyone in the losing team as worse than anyone in the winning team which cant ever be right.

Just can't see how a left back who only managed to find his own player 18 times out of 33 attempts can be in the running foe MoTM. He did win the penalty I suppose.

8 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Saw were it was, not sure who even decides who  the official MOTM is. BBC site does give players ratings to two decimal places so they must have some way of looking at a players performance that isn't just one guys opinion. However they do mark everyone in the losing team as worse than anyone in the winning team which cant ever be right.

Just can't see how a left back who only managed to find his own player 18 times out of 33 attempts can be in the running foe MoTM. He did win the penalty I suppose.

No don't the BBC just go by how the fans rate them on player rating then automatically make them man.of the match? As whenever I have looked their man of the match is also highest rated by the fans. Tierney was highest rated in yesterday's match. 

19 hours ago, Archiesdad said:

Well actually no, I'm no Celtic fan and I know it doesn't  fit in with yir whatsbootery, but Celtic have 3?4?5? Scottish internationals playing regularly for their team, and the post was about Scottish players 

So not the same.  

I've not seen the stadium so no idea aboot the flag count.

Merry Xmas 🎅

I'm not an old firm fan , I meant lack of Scotland flags at Celtic like you said about Rangers 

Merry Christmas 🎄

2 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

No don't the BBC just go by how the fans rate them on player rating then automatically make them man.of the match? As whenever I have looked their man of the match is also highest rated by the fans. Tierney was highest rated in yesterday's match. 

Yeah, think that’s it. Think it’s an average based on fans ratings. So he was the best player based on the average ratings of people who bothered to submit ratings on the BBC sport website!

As I said somewhere else, on MOTD last week the pundits were talking about how poor Arsenal were, said that Tierney was the one positive thing about them. 

So in summary, I think we can say he's having a good season regardless of whether he was official MOTM yesterday!

He may possibly be a better LB than Robertson but will always be moved to accommodate Robbo as he’s more versatile.

Good thing is, as we’ll be playing 3 games a week a few times next year we don’t have to worry so much about Robertson being injured/suspended. Switch Tierney to LB and bring in someone else to cover CB (who admittedly might not be as good). Hopefully they don’t both get injured...

11 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Maybe stats are a lot of pish. 

3 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Probably the best way to work it out would be the average rating of  as many as possible ratings. In which case the BBC poll would be as good as any out there.

Do find it hard to believe everyone in the losing team was worse than everyone in the wining team though. 

16 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

I have, this boy is fuckin class man. I'm no saying this because I am a  Celtic man, Turnbull is pure class. He just so calm on the ball, never panics, has great vision, and not afraid to take anyone on. His corners and dead balls are spot on. The big thing is his energy, he never stops. Oh aye, and he scores goals...🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Turnbull has the balance and agility of a matador.

25 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Turnbull...yes. Gauld I have my doubts. Who gets dropped?

If any of the recent squad arent playinh well, injured or not getting a game, gauld could come in. Ryan fraser would fit all three categories right now.

25 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

If any of the recent squad arent playinh well, injured or not getting a game, gauld could come in. Ryan fraser would fit all three categories right now.

Nah Fraser, as long as he is fit, will be in the squad. Of course if there are a ream of injuries Gauld will be an option but things have changed in.players mindsets now. They will be turning up for squads even carrying little niggles with EURO 2020 on the horizon.