Scottish players in action 20/21 - Page 35 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 20/21

romanticscot

Personally I wouldn’t change it.  Midfield 3 of jack, mcgregor, Mcginn.  If we had baresi and Maldini to come in at centre half, I might be tempted to move mctominay in to midfield with jack and Mcginn. Currently I see gilmour competing with mcgregor for his spot, only if he gets game time.

11 hours ago, Malcolm said:

Personally I wouldn’t change it.  Midfield 3 of jack, mcgregor, Mcginn.  If we had baresi and Maldini to come in at centre half, I might be tempted to move mctominay in to midfield with jack and Mcginn. Currently I see gilmour competing with mcgregor for his spot, only if he gets game time.

Sensible post pretty spot on to be fair

12 hours ago, Malcolm said:

I get that your desperate to keep the one available ranger in the starting line up, but Mctominay isnae actually that good in defence

10 hours ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

I get that your desperate to keep the one available ranger in the starting line up, but Mctominay isnae actually that good in defence

he’s not... but still better than the alternatives in the right side of a three.  Why would I care, I don’t support rangers?   I call it as I see it...  players that give us the best chance of winning.

3 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

he’s not... but still better than the alternatives in the right side of a three.  Why would I care, I don’t support rangers?   I call it as I see it...  players that give us the best chance of winning.

Our best chance of winning is by playing our best players in their best positions...Ryan Jack is a player I admire, but he literally couldn't lace Mctominays boots

2 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

Said it to some one else but when you have three central defenders on the park they don't really have to be that good.

Problem is by using a space for an extra defender you are going to create less. Only way to counteract that is to have creative midfielders that can get forward. Jack has neither of those attributes. In fact McGregor is better in both departments. McGinn, Mctominay and probably Gilmour  are miles better than both in those areas.

18 minutes ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

Our best chance of winning is by playing our best players in their best positions...Ryan Jack is a player I admire, but he literally couldn't lace Mctominays boots

except it doesn’t work out like that...  your best players don’t always fit the positions available in the side and the jobs that need done.

39 minutes ago, loanhead-tartan said:

Some finish from Kevin nisbet there 

Another fluke ricochet was it? 😜
Turnbull on the scoresheet for Celtic.

Edited by Scot1

2 minutes ago, loanhead-tartan said:

Aye nice curler top corner , lucky bastard that he is

The lad just can’t stop scoring at the minute, if he keeps it up there’s got to be a place in the squad next set of internationals. 

Well the incentive is there for guys like Nisbet, Shankland, Griffiths, Turnbull as well as others to start putting in performance that get the attention of Clarke. I posted a short video, I think in this thread about some Chelsea fans talking about Gilmour. According to them (I’ve not idea how well informed they are) he’s wanting out on loan to play games so he can try to put himself in the squad, he sounds desperate to be a part of the squad at the Euros

54 minutes ago, Scot1 said:

Well the incentive is there for guys like Nisbet, Shankland, Griffiths, Turnbull as well as others to start putting in performance that get the attention of Clarke. I posted a short video, I think in this thread about some Chelsea fans talking about Gilmour. According to them (I’ve not idea how well informed they are) he’s wanting out on loan to play games so he can try to put himself in the squad, he sounds desperate to be a part of the squad at the Euros

Wouldn't you be desperate to make it? There's no guarantee we'll make another tournament in his career.

7 minutes ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

Wouldn't you be desperate to make it? There's no guarantee we'll make another tournament in his career.

Ohhh don’t say that.

Be interesting to see where he goes on loan if that’s what happens. There’s rumours of him perhaps going to Rangers. I personally would like to see him at Livingston FC, although he may struggle for time on the pitch.

4 hours ago, loanhead-tartan said:

Aye he’s had a quiet season so far hopefully he can kick on 

He’s had a quiet season due to the way United set up with him being isolated. They played a 442 tonight though and low and behold he scored in a more attacking formation (as did McNulty). Hopefully United continue this way as an in form Shankland and Nisbet would be useful. 

It’s great to see Griffiths back starting for Celtic.

Hes such an important player for us.

Dykes, Griffiths, Nisbet should be our three main strikers IMO. 

Burke has been starting upfront for Sheffield United too and looks to be improving. 

If Shankland keeps scoring he should stay in the mix but if not then he’s about as much use as McBurnie which is virtually none.