Scottish players in action 20/21 - Page 109 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 20/21

romanticscot

19 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Seems to be an above average MLS player, but 25 this year and nothing to compare him with will make it hard for him to get into a Scotland squad I would imagine.

The new Jonny Russell?

35 minutes ago, Bino's said:

The new Jonny Russell?

I think that sums it up. Johnny Russell is an above average MLS player who got an assist and MoM last night. I doubt if anyone saw Russell as much more than a decent championship player

Really don't see how Morgan can get called up playing in the states unless he rips it to pieces 

48 minutes ago, Bino's said:

The new Jonny Russell?

He's better than Russell.

People may mock the MLS, but how many Scots have actually ripped it up there?

GMS, Danny Wilson look/ed average over there. Russell didn't exactly pull up trees.

I'd say that Lewis Morgan has done better than all of them put together. He did win Inter Miami MVP last season. And that team includes HiguaIn and Matuidi.

1 hour ago, Taylor1996 said:

He's better than Russell.

People may mock the MLS, but how many Scots have actually ripped it up there?

GMS, Danny Wilson look/ed average over there. Russell didn't exactly pull up trees.

I'd say that Lewis Morgan has done better than all of them put together. He did win Inter Miami MVP last season. And that team includes HiguaIn and Matuidi.

I think he's worth a call

We have no strikers

1 hour ago, ceudmilefailte said:

I think that sums it up. Johnny Russell is an above average MLS player who got an assist and MoM last night. I doubt if anyone saw Russell as much more than a decent championship player

Really don't see how Morgan can get called up playing in the states unless he rips it to pieces 

I’m pretty sure Clarke said said last year he would’ve selected both Russell and Morgan if it wasn’t for quarantine rules.

If Morgan keeps playing well over there he’ll probably get a call up once everything is back to normal.  

1 hour ago, Bino's said:

I think he's worth a call

We have no strikers

He was in my original squad. (Page one)

He isn't really a striker, but he could play in a few positions for us: second striker, attacking midfielder, maybe even right wing back.

Edited by Taylor1996

2 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

He's not a striker. Or at least he isn't now

Celtic fans reliving the trauma of Lewis Morgan as a lone Striker.

He's doing well for himself and if he continues this form, then he deserves a chance. We don't really have many wide players to choose from. I know we play without them but it's always good to have 1 or 2 in the squad, just encase we need to change formation. Like we did against Israel.

28 minutes ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

Celtic fans reliving the trauma of Lewis Morgan as a lone Striker.

He's doing well for himself and if he continues this form, then he deserves a chance. We don't really have many wide players to choose from. I know we play without them but it's always good to have 1 or 2 in the squad, just encase we need to change formation. Like we did against Israel.

Always liked Morgan, remember seeing him for the first time in a Scotland - England under 21 game & he looked a bit special. His first touch & close control was outstanding, he give the English right back (think it might have been Alexander-Arnold) a testing night. 

I expected a lot more from him especially when he went on loan to Sunderland but he was pretty average. Like a lot of players it may have been a confidence thing & since going Stateside he has regained that & is fulfilling that potential. 

If Forrest doesn't make the Euro 26 i would take him as a alternative.

Is he not classed as a Elite sportsman so exempt from quarantine or is that only for European based players? 

7 hours ago, theabsentee said:

Always liked Morgan, remember seeing him for the first time in a Scotland - England under 21 game & he looked a bit special. His first touch & close control was outstanding, he give the English right back (think it might have been Alexander-Arnold) a testing night. 

I expected a lot more from him especially when he went on loan to Sunderland but he was pretty average. Like a lot of players it may have been a confidence thing & since going Stateside he has regained that & is fulfilling that potential. 

If Forrest doesn't make the Euro 26 i would take him as a alternative.

Is he not classed as a Elite sportsman so exempt from quarantine or is that only for European based players? 

I watched the game you mention and it was Wan Bissaka he was against and he got absolutely bullied, although in fairness that’s probably not a surprise.

Watched Morgan a lot at Celtic and always thought he had potential but I was never sure where his best position was. Quick but not that quick. Nice touch without being overly tricky. Didn’t look cute enough to play in number 10 and was too lightweight to play up front.

He’s a decent player who may be a worthwhile squad player in time ala Russell but nothing more than that IMO.

Lewis Capaldi scoring at the Brit Awards just now . Wishing for a Scotland win at the Euros and getting booed 😂

a fair bit of censoring his words . 

Armstrong getting an assist for Adams anaw in a Southampton win against their local rivals Crystal Palace

8 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Shankland scores... & misses a pen. 

16 year old Kerr Smith starts at centre back for Dundee Utd also.

Logan Chalmers with two assists too - he was being tracked by EPL clubs last summer but has been out injured all season 

A bit older but good to see Appere getting a chance.

Always surprises me how little a chance he gets.

He seems to have pace, power and technical ability. I really like the look of him.

Edited by Blantyre_Braveheart