Scottish players in action 20/21 - Page 104 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 20/21

romanticscot

3 hours ago, Taylor1996 said:

Interesting.

If he scored it would've been 7 goals in 6 matches with 2 assists.

Not bad.

He has to start Euro 2020.

I think he’s doing alright after a bit of a lean spell and not in the starting 11, wouldn’t bother me if he started in the Euros 

56 minutes ago, 86glebestreet said:

I think he’s doing alright after a bit of a lean spell and not in the starting 11, wouldn’t bother me if he started in the Euros 

It'll be interesting next season when he and McBurnie are in the same league.

I think both will score 20+

Strange nothing on here about St Johnstone players yesterday, Clarke was unbelievable and four Scottish defenders in Kerr ( must be close to either a call up or a transfer)  Gordon, McCart and Rooney. ( see Kerr) 

Not just a one off as they could be looking a cup double this season.

Personally I would call Clarke up for the friendlies and give him at least a half. McLaughlin has been happy to sit on the bench all season, not the best prep for a competition like the Euros. 

2 hours ago, Burj_Alba said:

Strange nothing on here about St Johnstone players yesterday, Clarke was unbelievable and four Scottish defenders in Kerr ( must be close to either a call up or a transfer)  Gordon, McCart and Rooney. ( see Kerr) 

Personally I would call Clarke up for the friendlies and give him at least a half. McLaughlin has been happy to sit on the bench all season, not the best prep for a competition like the Euros. 

McLaughlin may or may not be happy, although he played last Wednesday. I thought McCart was quite poor in possession. Rooney is a good player but probably not good enough for international level. 

Edited by er yir macaroon

2 hours ago, Burj_Alba said:

They are a mid table side so I don’t think their Scottish players come into the frame just because of a win v Rangers.

Clark may be good enough for 3rd keeper but I don’t think any of the rest listed are at the same level as even our fringe players. 

2 hours ago, ProudScot said:

They are a mid table side so I don’t think their Scottish players come into the frame just because of a win v Rangers.

Clark may be good enough for 3rd keeper but I don’t think any of the rest listed are at the same level as even our fringe players. 

Probably deserve more of a mention than a lot of others on these pages over the years. FWIW I agree about their lack of places in the present squads but good for these players to go in the shop window especially if they do the cup double. First team out of the OF to do it since Aberdeen in the 80s. 

5 hours ago, Burj_Alba said:

I think Rooney especially deserves a shot. He has played RWB role nearly all season so its normal for him and offers something really different with his power and heading ability. His crossing and passing looks a wee bit to be improved on going by yesterdays performance but rwb is our on paper at least weakest position although odonnell has also imo done really well. He would give teams something to worry about if say they have a small left back then it is an area to target . Ive not saw enough of him to comment on his positioning which is all important at international level but there is only one way to find out and that is get him in squad to see.

I really hope clarke picks a squad of maybe 40 for original training camp then whittles it down to the required 23/25 or whatever it is. That way likes of rooney,gauld,turnbull,gilmour,wright,patterson,griffiths and some others can push their claim for a place in final squad as this season above all others has been different to say the least and theres no doubt some players will be fresher and more up for it physically and mentally then others.

Canny wait getting more exciting every passing week!

6 hours ago, gaz7 said:

I think Rooney especially deserves a shot. He has played RWB role nearly all season so its normal for him and offers something really different with his power and heading ability. His crossing and passing looks a wee bit to be improved on going by yesterdays performance but rwb is our on paper at least weakest position although odonnell has also imo done really well. He would give teams something to worry about if say they have a small left back then it is an area to target . Ive not saw enough of him to comment on his positioning which is all important at international level but there is only one way to find out and that is get him in squad to see.

I really hope clarke picks a squad of maybe 40 for original training camp then whittles it down to the required 23/25 or whatever it is. That way likes of rooney,gauld,turnbull,gilmour,wright,patterson,griffiths and some others can push their claim for a place in final squad as this season above all others has been different to say the least and theres no doubt some players will be fresher and more up for it physically and mentally then others.

Canny wait getting more exciting every passing week!

Post of the week, mate. Agreed, Rooney looks a bit of a beast. 

6 minutes ago, Marky said:

Not exactly big news but I believe Gauld got another assist for Farense last night in their draw. Pity for them they weren’t able to hold onto their lead for a valuable 3 points. 

He's now been involved with 14 goals in 28 matches. 

I think he'll be in contention for the Primeira Liga player of the year.

Winning the Primeira Liga and Segunda Liga player of the year trophies, in consecutive seasons, would be incredible. 

Marshall on bench for Derby again.

Think Steve Clarke should pick up the phone and say " Hi Alan, how would you like to end your international career on a high?  Could round off a great season for you."

No idea why Marshall was benched but they Derby only have two games left and still in danger of relegation.

A big second half for Turnbull in the Old Firm game. He’s hit a decent corner or two, but that’s about it. I think this is the game he needs to do more if he’s to make the squad. Clarke is in the stand. Good to see Forrest back but looks a bit rusty to me. He may get the benefit of the doubt if he starts the remaining games. 
I don’t suppose Kent has a Scottish grandparent.