Scottish players in action 20/21 - Page 103 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 20/21

romanticscot

Wright got Rangers MOTM and scored a beautiful goal.

McLaughlin had a decent game and is very quick off his line.

Patterson came on for the last 30 minutes.

Kerr was pretty solid for St. Johnstone. 

May and Kane had good games for St. Johnstone but I doubt they ever see a Scotland squad.

It's a real shame Ali McCann chose to play for Northern Ireland. He looks a really good prospect and will probably get a decent move in the summer.

It Shows the difference in depth between us and N. Ireland. McCann is one of their top prospects while he'd struggle to start in our u21s.

2 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

Best news of the night - Tierney back in 2 weeks! Hope he doesn't get over-used. No way should he be risked in the friendlies.

Emoticon "Like", although he should get some some time to get fitness back but not risked as you say.

Edited by romanticscot

1 hour ago, ProudScot said:

16 year old Kerr Smith starts at centre back for Dundee United tonight 

Shame they got destroyed. It will still be great experience for the lad and he will have learned a lot playing against against an old pro like Lafferty.

As a teenage centre back you learn more in 1 or 2 pro game against a decent striker, than you do in 20/30 youth games.

49 minutes ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

Wright got Rangers MOTM and scored a beautiful goal.

McLaughlin had a decent game and is very quick off his line.

Patterson came on for the last 30 minutes.

Kerr was pretty solid for St. Johnstone. 

May and Kane had good games for St. Johnstone but I doubt they ever see a Scotland squad.

It's a real shame Ali McCann chose to play for Northern Ireland. He looks a really good prospect and will probably get a decent move in the summer.

It Shows the difference in depth between us and N. Ireland. McCann is one of their top prospects while he'd struggle to start in our u21s.

Scott Wright is very good. 

1 hour ago, mccaughey85 said:

video of dykes goal. hes really starting to look good at champioship level. if he keeps this up and has a brilliant euros then an epl club might take a punt on him.

He took that really well.

Looks like he and Nisbet are hitting form at just the right time. 👍

3 hours ago, romanticscot said:

At the time Tuchel came in there was only a short time to allow Gilmour to leave, I'm disappointed he didn't go out on loan or in the months since appointment, have more game time. I cant speak to Fletcher really but I dare say the circumstances were different for Man Utd. Tuchel probably has a decent bonus incentive to get Chelsea into the Champions League, opting for players out of position likely means Gilmour will move in the summer or they are coaching him something more to what they want. Gilmour will be a great player for club and country but I feel this season circumstances have gone against him. Chelsea may cash in on him, as they need more creativity most of their midfielders are very similar. 

Rangers on loan perhaps for next year, heck even Celtic if they can get their manager situation resolved there would be plenty suitors who would love him I don't think Chelsea will be his long term home. 

If Celtic can land Eddie Howe then I think that could be a good move for him on loan. Howe is a good coach.

Alternatively, if he went to Rangers he'd be getting coached by Steven Gerrard and Gary McAllister - two excellent midfielders in their day.

8 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Scott Wright is very good. 

He has impressed me, he is very suited to Rangers system. Quick, good close control, hard working and has a good one touch pass.

I'll be honest, I'm surprised how quickly he has adapted and developed.

When there was first talk of his signing outside of a cheap homegrown back up option, I didn't think he was going to make an impact. After looking up his scouting data and clips, I changed my mind a little and I hoped long term he could be developed over 6-12 months and develop into a half decent squad/back up option. He seems to have done that 6-12 months in a couple of months and is ahead of schedule.

He is still a bit away from Scotland and a starter for Rangers but a good preseason, continuing to improve and hopefully staying injury free could change that.

The one major thing he has going for him in terms of Scotland is how light we are in the wide areas. We only really have Fraser and Forrest as natural wide players. After that it's Christie and Armstrong who prefer playing centrally.

I Can't think of anyone after that. Maybe give Dembele at Peterborough a call and see how he is.

19 hours ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

He has impressed me, he is very suited to Rangers system. Quick, good close control, hard working and has a good one touch pass.

I'll be honest, I'm surprised how quickly he has adapted and developed.

When there was first talk of his signing outside of a cheap homegrown back up option, I didn't think he was going to make an impact. After looking up his scouting data and clips, I changed my mind a little and I hoped long term he could be developed over 6-12 months and develop into a half decent squad/back up option. He seems to have done that 6-12 months in a couple of months and is ahead of schedule.

He is still a bit away from Scotland and a starter for Rangers but a good preseason, continuing to improve and hopefully staying injury free could change that.

The one major thing he has going for him in terms of Scotland is how light we are in the wide areas. We only really have Fraser and Forrest as natural wide players. After that it's Christie and Armstrong who prefer playing centrally.

I Can't think of anyone after that. Maybe give Dembele at Peterborough a call and see how he is.

our current formation limits chances for wingers.