Scottish players in action 20/21 - Page 100 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 20/21

romanticscot

3 hours ago, ProudScot said:

I know! Robertson, Tierney, Doig, Hickey, Maxwell etc.

It’s bizarre really. 

Be very nice if Hickey starts shifting to right back & competes with Patterson for the long term right back berths 

And don't forget Lee Wallace was the recipient of a Dykes assist today.  And the young Wigan left back Robinson is getting decent reviews.

3 hours ago, JECK said:

Not in again. Desperately disappointing for the lad again. Thought it was a stick on he’d become a regular at Chelsea. If anything seems like a Pep Guardiola type of player, zero chance of that happening probably 

I think you’re forgetting his age.  To suggest he’s somehow finished at Chelsea is daft. He might not do it till he’s 21 i.e. quite early for a club of that level. Tuchel owes Scotland nothing. 

Just now, vanderark14 said:

Patterson looking lively for Rangers, he was involved in the 1st goal build up.

Bombing down the right wing, linking up with the Rangers forward line.

Was just about to post this, he looks really really good today. Must be so close to a call up. 

Just now, ProudScot said:

Was just about to post this, he looks really really good today. Must be so close to a call up. 

He doesn't have a lot of competitors for the right back role. Odonnell hasn't been as bad as some made out but Patterson should replace Palmer to compete with Odonnell.

Just now, mccaughey85 said:

i think patterson should be called up for the friendlies and given a start in one game, we would get to see him for scotland and clarke can then make a decision wether to take him to the euros.

This has to happen. It’s complete madness to pick Palmer over him. Doesn’t even matter if he misses the next few games. 

5 hours ago, loanhead-tartan said:

Aye I think he should replace Palmer in the squad 

The only advantage Palmer has over him - and rightly or wrongly, I suspect this is why he'll get picked instead - is that he can also play left-back.  Considering Tierney's fitness may be in doubt (if he makes it at all) that could leave Robertson as the only fully fit left-back in the squad.  I can't see Clarke dropping O'Donnell either.

7 minutes ago, scotlad said:

The only advantage Palmer has over him - and rightly or wrongly, I suspect this is why he'll get picked instead - is that he can also play left-back.  Considering Tierney's fitness may be in doubt (if he makes it at all) that could leave Robertson as the only fully fit left-back in the squad.  I can't see Clarke dropping O'Donnell either.

I’ve seen Patterson play left back in youth games, not that I’m advocating it. 

7 hours ago, scotlad said:

Greg Taylor will be there as LB cover. I doubt Clarke drops him now.

Patterson was excellent with the exception of 1 bad backpass that really should have resulted in a goal.

He is very similar to Hutton going forward in that he drops a shoulder and can go inside or outside to beat a man without having to do a trick. (If he could learn to do the collapse his legs thing that Hutton used to do to get free kicks it would be great lol)

Ive said previously that id have taken Hickey to the Euros before him as Hickey has more experience, plays at a higher level and can cover 2 positions however with him being out id take Patterson instead of Palmer.

2 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

Patterson was excellent with the exception of 1 bad backpass that really should have resulted in a goal.

He is very similar to Hutton going forward in that he drops a shoulder and can go inside or outside to beat a man without having to do a trick. (If he could learn to do the collapse his legs thing that Hutton used to do to get free kicks it would be great lol)

Ive said previously that id have taken Hickey to the Euros before him as Hickey has more experience, plays at a higher level and can cover 2 positions however with him being out id take Patterson instead of Palmer.

Should be picked and starts against Luxembourg. Then the conversation will really begin.

On 4/17/2021 at 5:33 PM, ProudScot said:

I know! Robertson, Tierney, Doig, Hickey, Maxwell etc.

It’s bizarre really. 

Be very nice if Hickey starts shifting to right back & competes with Patterson for the long term right back berths 

And don't forget Lee Wallace was the recipient of a Dykes assist today.  And the young Wigan left back Robinson is getting decent reviews.

10 minutes ago, Burj_Alba said:

Should be picked and starts against Luxembourg. Then the conversation will really begin.

Problem with starting him versus Luxemburg is that it could show us very little. We know he plays well for a team dominating against lesser opposition.

Id throw him in against Holland. If he performs well in that game include him. If not then it might be too early for him.

11 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

Problem with starting him versus Luxemburg is that it could show us very little. We know he plays well for a team dominating against lesser opposition.

Id throw him in against Holland. If he performs well in that game include him. If not then it might be too early for him.

Agree with this, my concern is he gets dropped when Tavenier comes back from injury. 

Just now, vanderark14 said:

Agree with this, my concern is he gets dropped when Tavenier comes back from injury. 

Its likely that he will. This summer would have been the ideal time to sell Tavenier. His stock will never be higher and Patterson is his replacement.

Thats the model of a good well run club though.