Scottish players in action 20/21 - Page 99 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 20/21

romanticscot

Anyway, back on track about potential Scotland players. Good to see Zak Rudden scoring again last night for the mighty Jags, now 4 in 2 matches. Needs to get his career back on track. If memory serves me he had successful loans spells earlier in his career. Still only 21 so needs to start really going for it.

2 hours ago, Burj_Alba said:

Anyway, back on track about potential Scotland players. Good to see Zak Rudden scoring again last night for the mighty Jags, now 4 in 2 matches. Needs to get his career back on track. If memory serves me he had successful loans spells earlier in his career. Still only 21 so needs to start really going for it.

He was one of the first through the performance schools and highly rated. He’s got a great touch and presence about him. It would be great if he could get it together and become a player. 

3 hours ago, Burj_Alba said:

He was so good at youth level. 

Be interesting to see how he does next season. Could have a Kevin Nisbet type trajectory, hopefully! 

1 hour ago, er yir macaroon said:

He was one of the first through the performance schools and highly rated. He’s got a great touch and presence about him. It would be great if he could get it together and become a player. 

We're starting to see now what all the fuss was about when he was younger.  Like you say, he's showing all the attributes you want from a centre-forward, albeit he's obviously still currently playing at quite a low level.

Hopefully Ian McCall can have the same kind of effect on him as he did Lawrence Shankland. 

44 minutes ago, scotlad said:

We're starting to see now what all the fuss was about when he was younger.  Like you say, he's showing all the attributes you want from a centre-forward, albeit he's obviously still currently playing at quite a low level.

Hopefully Ian McCall can have the same kind of effect on him as he did Lawrence Shankland. 

I'm sure he was quite rated at Rangers. He just didn't develop to the required level. I'm sure we sold him with a buy back clause, as the club still had hope he would develop. 

Hopefully this works out for him and he kicks on. We seen with Shankland and Nisbett that a young ST can develop out of nowhere in the lower leagues

37 minutes ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

I'm sure he was quite rated at Rangers. He just didn't develop to the required level. I'm sure we sold him with a buy back clause, as the club still had hope he would develop. 

Hopefully this works out for him and he kicks on. We seen with Shankland and Nisbett that a young ST can develop out of nowhere in the lower leagues

Yeah, I remember talk from Gerrard (I think it was him) that he wanted to see him back at Ibrox. 

11 hours ago, Malcolm said:

That Shanklands not very good is he?  Miles away from the squad.

As much as I'd love to see him progress I think he's at his level and won't go any further. An average spfl striker. 

7 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Two assists for Dykes, he is becoming a better than average championship striker. 

A lot of fans in the QPR forum rated him when he wasn't scoring and his manager obviously did. I hate being wrong but hands up. 

I was about to say that he's assisted two goals.

Dykes is banging them in and assisting. 

Long may it continue. 

Without a doubt our number one striker. He offers something that none of the others do: physicality and a threat in the air 

46 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Two assists for Dykes, he is becoming a better than average championship striker. 

A lot of fans in the QPR forum rated him when he wasn't scoring and his manager obviously did. I hate being wrong but hands up. 

It’s great how he’s coming into form at the right time too. 

Adams will definitely start but Dykes will be a weapon to come off the bench. Maybe they can play uptop together too? 

Adams, Dykes, Nisbet & Griffiths/Shankland - not too and really. 

37 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Another goal for James Maxwell today that’s 5 for him from left back. He was so good against Hibs last week too on Friday eve tv. 

Be good to see him in the SPL on loan next season & see what he can do. 

5 goals from left back is impressive. just what we need another brilliant left back lol

1 minute ago, mccaughey85 said:

5 goals from left back is impressive. just what we need another brilliant left back lol

I know! Robertson, Tierney, Doig, Hickey, Maxwell etc.

It’s bizarre really. 

Be very nice if Hickey starts shifting to right back & competes with Patterson for the long term right back berths 

Not in again. Desperately disappointing for the lad again. Thought it was a stick on he’d become a regular at Chelsea. If anything seems like a Pep Guardiola type of player, zero chance of that happening probably