Scottish players in action 20/21 - Page 88 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 20/21

romanticscot

Marshall

Mckenna.   Hanley.   Tierney

Odonnell.   Mctominay.  McGinn.    Robbo

Armstrong.     Fraser

Adams

Although think Clarke will go with Dykes and Mcgregor instead of Dykes and Armstrong with Mcginn pushing on. Gallagher only misses out due to lack of playing time. 

6 minutes ago, Templeton_Peck said:

Marshall

Mckenna.   Hanley.   Tierney

Odonnell.   Mctominay.  McGinn.    Robbo

Armstrong.     Fraser

Adams

Although think Clarke will go with Dykes and Mcgregor instead of Dykes and Armstrong with Mcginn pushing on. Gallagher only misses out due to lack of playing time. 

That is very close to the team I'd play. Gallagher and Hendry might get the nod ahead of the other 2 CBs, but I'd be pretty happy with any combination of 2 of those 4 CBs alongside Tierney.

Sadly, I think McGregor will be alongside McTominay and it'll be McGinn further forward with Armstrong on the bench. I'd love to see how Armstrong would do as RWB.

I saw still no sign of wonder boy Kyle Joseph for Wigan today, has he actually played since the hat trick months ago.  Been quoted for some massive clubs but hasn't really done it for Wigan on a regular basis.

Good to see Johnson getting game time and clean sheets though.

Tuned into the Dundee v Dunfermline game tonight hoping to see in particular Scott Banks for the first time. He only got on the last 20 mins but his quality stood out. Looked a balanced skillful player with a great delivery.

The sfa should be doing their job by making this lad feel wanted & stop him potentially defecting to Wales. 

11 hours ago, theabsentee said:

Tuned into the Dundee v Dunfermline game tonight hoping to see in particular Scott Banks for the first time. He only got on the last 20 mins but his quality stood out. Looked a balanced skillful player with a great delivery.

The sfa should be doing their job by making this lad feel wanted & stop him potentially defecting to Wales. 

He was excellent when he came on. Absolutely has to be in the next u21 squad. 

15 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Not saying he should be called up but George Johnston got MoM for Wigan today.

Still only 22 so it will be interesting to so how his career progresses over the next couple of years.

What position is he playing for them now? 

2 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Be interesting to see where he goes next season.

theres a few up and coming cbs like him and McIntyre who could come on the radar the next 12-18 months. 

McIntyre seems to be transforming into a defensive midfielder. Not sure if it has been through choice or injury to other players.

Keep forgetting he's only 22 as well, seem to have been watching his progress for ages.

7 hours ago, er yir macaroon said:

He was excellent when he came on. Absolutely has to be in the next u21 squad. 

If it wasn't for who our u21 manager is, I would say it's weird he hasn't been already but Gemmell is a hopeless clown, who shouldn't be anywhere near our youth set up.

I mean in our last few squads we've barely had any wide players in them. He's had Nathan Patterson as a RW in every game he has played under Gemmell. In one of our recent games we had 3 natural full backs playing and only one played in defence.  What good is that for these players development.

Edited by Blantyre_Braveheart

1 hour ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

If it wasn't for who our u21 manager is, I would say it's weird he hasn't been already but Gemmell is a hopeless clown, who shouldn't be anywhere near our youth set up.

I mean in our last few squads we've barely had any wide players in them. He's had Nathan Patterson as a RW in every game he has played under Gemmell. In one of our recent games we had 3 natural full backs playing and only one played in defence.  What good is that for these players development.

and three very physical players in central midfield with zero flare. 

On 3/28/2021 at 6:33 PM, er yir macaroon said:

and three very physical players in central midfield with zero flare. 

Yep he had gilmour and turnbull on bench. With all 3 playing campbell.maguire.ferguson playing in different positions than for clubs. I would never have believed someone would do that. Clueless

22 minutes ago, gaz7 said:

Yep he had gilmour and turnbull on bench. With all 3 playing campbell.maguire.ferguson playing in different positions than for clubs. I would never have believed someone would do that. Clueless

Two guaranteed internationals on the bench and 3 hard working, SPL level, fairly average players starting.

Classic Scotland. 

It is so frustrating that we didn't qualify for the u21 finals this time.  One win from our last 2 matches and we'd have made it - just like the first time in the Nations League, but we bottled it.

We took 4 points off Croatia and we took 4 points off Czech Rep.  We lost twice to Greece which cost us, along with a home draw against Lithuania.  

The Czechs have been eliminated from the finals, finishing third behind Spain and Italy, but above hosts Slovenia.

Croatia play England today.  A point would put them into the next round but they can still sneak through even if they lose.  

What an experience that would have been for the squad! 

5 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

It is so frustrating that we didn't qualify for the u21 finals this time.  One win from our last 2 matches and we'd have made it - just like the first time in the Nations League, but we bottled it.

We took 4 points off Croatia and we took 4 points off Czech Rep.  We lost twice to Greece which cost us, along with a home draw against Lithuania.  

The Czechs have been eliminated from the finals, finishing third behind Spain and Italy, but above hosts Slovenia.

Croatia play England today.  A point would put them into the next round but they can still sneak through even if they lose.  

What an experience that would have been for the squad! 

Absolutely. Still rankles with those last two matches, especially the one in Greece. Would  have been great experience for kids like Turnbull, Gilmour etc and I hate to sat this but a farewell to internationals football for Hornby and Campbell. Not really international class but very good professionals and great servants to the under age groups. 

25 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

He's not a squad player but he's been picked before, Graham shinnie scored for Derby today as did Marshall. 2 nil win for Derby 

Good to see Marshall get back on the scoresheet again. If he can grab a few more between now and the end of the season he should be a certain starter for us. 

1 hour ago, Return of Yermaw said:

Good to see Marshall get back on the scoresheet again. If he can grab a few more between now and the end of the season he should be a certain starter for us. 

So this is what chripper was on about. 

Made a cunt of it didn't I 🤣