Scottish players in action 20/21 - Page 82 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 20/21

romanticscot

3 hours ago, Taylor1996 said:

What is it with the Scottish mentality? It's like a player has to have a certain amount of matches or a certain age to be picked. 

Look at Billy Gilmour. If he had even the most tenuous of links to Ireland or Wales, they would try their hand by naming him in their senior squad.

And yes, we have a few midfielders, but in terms of raw technical ability, Gilmour beats them all.

It's a shame about Anderson. He looks like a hybrid of Barkley and McTominay. 

Re Anderson - it could be a  re-run of the Adams scenario; once he doesn't seem to be getting anywhere with Eng. he might come to us and I would not reject him out of hand. We can't afford to cut off noses to spite faces; as you say, Wales or NI wouldnot do that.

Just now, Third Lanark said:

Re Anderson - it could be a  re-run of the Adams scenario; once he doesn't seem to be getting anywhere with Eng. he might come to us and I would not reject him out of hand. We can't afford to cut off noses to spite faces; as you say, Wales or NI wouldnot do that.

Agreed.

The door is open to any player, even if they play for England from u16 level upwards. I wouldnt close the door to any player on that basis.

(Elliot Anderson played for us six times, from u16, u17 to u18 and was involved numerous in squads)

1 hour ago, ceudmilefailte said:

According to skybet two assists for Armstrong and no attempts at goal for Adams. Scottish now and you know you are. 

Che Adams (ST) - 7/10 - Bullied the Cherries defenders throughout and was unlucky to see VAR rule out his goal for offside. Could have scored a couple on another day but still a good performance.

source 90min.com

13 minutes ago, romanticscot said:

Che Adams (ST) - 7/10 - Bullied the Cherries defenders throughout and was unlucky to see VAR rule out his goal for offside. Could have scored a couple on another day but still a good performance.

source 90min.com

I saw the last 25 minutes and thought he was poor. I think Nisbet will be a better striker in the long run. He’s got a good, composed presence about him. 

Jordan Rhodes at it again, another lovely strikers goal 

I’d have him the squad for sure, not in favour with Steve Clarke but I can see a goalscorer when I see one! Surely Jordan Rhodes merits a call before McBurnie

2 minutes ago, broraboy said:

Jordan Rhodes at it again, another lovely strikers goal 

I’d have him the squad for sure, not in favour with Steve Clarke but I can see a goalscorer when I see one! Surely Jordan Rhodes merits a call before McBurnie

There’s worse strikers than Jordan Rhodes I’d have instead of McBurnie 

10 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

There’s worse strikers than Jordan Rhodes I’d have instead of McBurnie 

Well, just to say Jordan Rhodes has scored more goals today than Oli McBurnie has scored all season....... 

Just saying

2 minutes ago, broraboy said:

Well, just to say Jordan Rhodes has scored more goals today than Oli McBurnie has scored all season....... 

Just saying

Watching this and agree, also think Bannan has been very good. Paterson is......( insert here)  Palmer just got injured but appears to be OK.

Just as an aside, Alex Mowatt playing for Barnsley, think he was another one who turned us down when playing for Leeds a few years ago.

2 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

SOD torn apart by MITCH PINNOCK today :shocked:

Great news for Liam Palmer anyway. 

Neither of them should be our first choice RWB.

Hendry, with his passing, height, mobility and defensive abilities would be my choice.

Edited by Taylor1996

4 hours ago, Taylor1996 said:

Looks like we might have another couple of midfielders in the Championship next season: Ethan Hamilton and Greg Docherty (the latter scored today)

Still have Hope for Ethan Hamilton. 

Hamilton looked promising a few years back, seems like he's made a couple of bad loan moves in recent seasons but Peterborough is certainly an excellent club for up and coming player to play for as they've sold on loads to premier league and championship in last 15 years and might be in it next season anyway.

37 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

That would be interesting, but with Cooper out I guess he will be central defence.

It would be. I also think he could be an anchorman. I've noticed Reading have played Tom McIntyre in that position in their previous three matches. 

Yeah, probably, if it means that McTominay is in midfield then I'd take that.

19 minutes ago, Tartan Chris said:

Hamilton looked promising a few years back, seems like he's made a couple of bad loan moves in recent seasons but Peterborough is certainly an excellent club for up and coming player to play for as they've sold on loads to premier league and championship in last 15 years and might be in it next season anyway.

I watched him a lot for the Manchester United u21s and he looked like a new incarnation of Roy Keane. But as you said, some bad loans moves have stunted his development.

Payers develop af different rates. If Hamilton matures, he'll be a fantastic player. Fingers crossed he does.

2 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

It would be. I also think he could be an anchorman. I've noticed Reading have played Tom McIntyre in that position in their previous three matches. 

Yeah, probably, if it means that McTominay is in midfield then I'd take that.

McIntyre can also play left back, I really don't get why Greg Taylor is in the squad.