Scottish players in action 20/21 - Page 70 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 20/21

romanticscot

29 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

What kind of punishment might he get? 

I'm surprised they haven't been punished yet. I doubt it will be as severe as Jones/Edmundson. They never punished anyone in Dubai (despite photographic evidence of covid breaches) and then the SFA's own failure at the weekend. So they are in a position where the conspiracy nuts would come out.

I also heard the breach wasn't as severe as the other 2's. It was supposedly them playing FIFA together and not a house party (which was the case with Jones/Edmundson). Still absolutely stupid and not defending their stupidity.

3 game ban for them, I would guess. So probably back at the split.

2 hours ago, Tartan blood said:

I'm surprised no one has mentioned that Tierney scored a beautiful goal in the Europa league. What a talent he is! He will be absolutely vital to us at the Euros!

Mentioned by two ppl in the previous page. 

His goal was excellent, let's hope he stays fit for these qualifiers. 

15 hours ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

I'm surprised they haven't been punished yet. I doubt it will be as severe as Jones/Edmundson. They never punished anyone in Dubai (despite photographic evidence of covid breaches) and then the SFA's own failure at the weekend. So they are in a position where the conspiracy nuts would come out.

I also heard the breach wasn't as severe as the other 2's. It was supposedly them playing FIFA together and not a house party (which was the case with Jones/Edmundson). Still absolutely stupid and not defending their stupidity.

3 game ban for them, I would guess. So probably back at the split.

Maybe this kid could get a few games before the euros and then push for the squad. 

Would probably have to put in some stellar performances to be considered tbf.

Obviously we dont have much talent at rb but taking an untested 19 year old to the euros is a big decision for Clarke. 

12 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Maybe this kid could get a few games before the euros and then push for the squad. 

Would probably have to put in some stellar performances to be considered tbf.

Obviously we dont have much talent at rb but taking an untested 19 year old to the euros is a big decision for Clarke. 

He's not quite untested; he has played regularly for the under 21s and now looks comfortable at European level. He would be playing all the time if not for the form of Tavernier.

6 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

He's not quite untested; he has played regularly for the under 21s and now looks comfortable at European level. He would be playing all the time if not for the form of Tavernier.

Thats very untested. U21 football is a long way from senior international football.

Hes only played a few games for rangers and I would hardly call 1 decent second half performance against antwerp as being comfortable at European level. 

With the amount of games rangers have in a season then he should of been playing regularly anyways to give Tavernier a rest. Hes only getting a game due to Tavernier being injured. 

That being said if he could play the rest of the season and put in some great performances then I don't see why he shouldn't be considered.

I can understand rangers fans on here rate him highly but until he really puts a run of good performances together then he's nothing more than untested youth prospect. 

30 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Playing at left back again in a back four. Dare I say it but he could replace Robertson in his postion - he is certainly in better current form.

If it was one or the other then, yes, Tierney might get the nod. But these guys are arguably our 2 best players. If it's possible, both should start. 

I do think Robertson gets too harshly judged for Scotland. He's played well many times, he just sets a very high bar. 

I also don't think we should completely dismiss the idea of playing 1 of them at RB (if we go 4 at the back, that is).

Robertson was fantastic in the play off games, the best I've seen him play for us.  He is a winner and we need that but we may want to manage game time when the opposition and game allows for it.  He is not un-droppable but I would I prefer McTominay as Captain providing he is in midfield.  

Its very rare that a player gets stripped of the captaincy at International level unless there is some kind of off the field incident. 

Even when a new manager comes in they tend to not change the captain.

Unless Robertson decides he doesnt want it then I would imagine it will be his until he retires, gets a long term injury or loses his place in the team long term.

He was the best choice at the time and I have no issues with either his performances as a player or captain.

Tierney definitely won’t get picked ahead of Robertson at left back. 

We will keep playing the 5 at the back so Tierney will stay where he is. 

You’d be surprised if McTominay didn’t move into midfield with Gallagher/McKenna/Cooper/Hendry all good options for the other two centre back slots. 

Edited by ProudScot

7 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Tierney definitely won’t get picked ahead of Robertson at left back. 

We will keep playing the 5 at the back so Tierney will stay where he is. 

You’d be surprised if McTominay didn’t move into midfield with Gallagher/McKenna/Cooper/Hendry all good options for the other two centre back slots. 

With the amount of defensive options now then pointless keeping Mctominay there. RWB still the major issue. Will be interesting to see if Clarke tries anyone else in that position. 

8 minutes ago, bigfingers said:

With the amount of defensive options now then pointless keeping Mctominay there. RWB still the major issue. Will be interesting to see if Clarke tries anyone else in that position. 

It’s too early till he plays more regularly but it’s glaringly obvious Nathan Patterson will slot into that role. 

He reminds me of Tierney quite a lot actually. 

1 minute ago, ProudScot said:

It’s too early till he plays more regularly but it’s glaringly obvious Nathan Patterson will slot into that role. 

He reminds me of Tierney quite a lot actually. 

Hickey touting himself for the right side role too. Quoted saying he finds it no different than playing on the left. 

10 minutes ago, bigfingers said:

Hickey touting himself for the right side role too. Quoted saying he finds it no different than playing on the left. 

In saying that let's not be too hasty to bin O'Donnell: I think he's done ok. Too many think that because he doesnt play for a stellar club he must be 'pish.' 

1 hour ago, Third Lanark said:

In saying that let's not be too hasty to bin O'Donnell: I think he's done ok. Too many think that because he doesnt play for a stellar club he must be 'pish.' 

Nobody has an issue with O’Donnell playing nowadays.

The concern is he’s been very poor in a terrible Motherwell team.

It won’t be difficult for Hickey and or Patterson to take over out there. 

1 hour ago, Third Lanark said:

As someone else on here said a while back "we have to relegate our players to 'pish' if we want them replaced". O'Donnell has done a fantastic job in the majority of his recent caps. I'd have no problem with him in our starting 11 in the Euros - form pending. But, if there is someone better, and in finer form, then I'd happily relegate him to the bench. Same goes for every other player.

However, Clarke today did allude to the concern we all have that he will be loyal to the players that got us there. He is probably just keeping his cards close to his chest, but it could mean players like Turnbull and Gauld might miss out.

Graeme Shinnie starting for Derby. 

In the same match, McKenna still out injured. Might be a doubt for the matches next month.

Derby haven't been having the best season, but has been their best player this term.

Besides Jack, he's the only defensive minded midfielder we have. Apart from McCrorie, but I'm not even sure if he's still in the picture.

Edited by Taylor1996

4 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

Graeme Shinnie starting for Derby. 

In the same match, McKenna still out injured. Might be a doubt for the matches next month.

Derby haven't been having the best season, but has been their best player this term.

Besides Jack, he's the only defensive minded midfielder we have. Apart from McCrorie, but I'm not even sure if he's still in the picture.

Graeme Shinnie is miles off the squad.

Fleck & McLean both play that role for us when they play & McTominay will be in there you’d expect in the next round of matches.