Scottish players in action 20/21 - Page 66 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 20/21

romanticscot

43 minutes ago, Super_Scotlandfan said:

He can switch to England. If he plays for England in an under 21s game he wont be able to switch back to Scotland. 

You're only allowed to switch once once you get to under 19 level as far as I'm aware.

No.

The new rules state that even if he played 3 senior matches for England, before he reaches 21 years of age, he would still be able to switch.l to Scotland.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54211943

16 hours ago, Taylor1996 said:

He's another player that has to leave Chelsea, on a permanent basis. Hopefully Billy Gilmour is taking note.

(Thought the name of the club was familiar. It's Pierre Van Hooijdonk's club before Celtic bought him. Cool.)

Hes on loan from Man City

2 hours ago, Taylor1996 said:

No.

The new rules state that even if he played 3 senior matches for England, before he reaches 21 years of age, he would still be able to switch.l to Scotland.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54211943

That’s a different rule I think. That’s taking about allowing players to switch countries even after playing senior games, but not switching association twice. 

He could play for England even after playing 3 senior games for Scotland but after making that switch to England he couldn’t then switch back to Scotland. 

It’s the switching back and forth part I am talking about. 

You’re only allowed to change your association once. At the moment Fiorini’s association is Scotland (even if it’s not at senior level) so would require a 2 switches to go to England and then back to Scotland. 

That’s my understanding anyway. 

Edited by Super_Scotlandfan

1 hour ago, Super_Scotlandfan said:

That’s a different rule I think. That’s taking about allowing players to switch countries even after playing senior games, but not switching association twice. 

He could play for England even after playing 3 senior games for Scotland but after making that switch to England he couldn’t then switch back to Scotland. 

It’s the switching back and forth part I am talking about. 

You’re only allowed to change your association once. At the moment Fiorini’s association is Scotland (even if it’s not at senior level) so would require a 2 switches to go to England and then back to Scotland. 

That’s my understanding anyway. 

Ah.

Are you sure about that, though? The once thing.

Young Dembele has switched between Scotland and England three times. I think the previous rule limit four times, at youth level, so, Dembele's next switch wouldve locked him in.

I think the new amendment has cancelled out the previous switching rule. I could be wrong, though.

4 hours ago, Super_Scotlandfan said:

He can switch to England. If he plays for England in an under 21s game he wont be able to switch back to Scotland. 

You're only allowed to switch once once you get to under 19 level as far as I'm aware.

Thanks

I saw one interview where he said he was proud about representing Scotland but I won't get my hopes up yet. 

Guest ElChris04

Motherwell losing 3-0 to St Johnstone today, god their team is awful without Gallagher. 

Shaun Rooney grabbing an assist and keeping a CS highlighting another fantastic performance from him under St Johnstone’s recent good form this season.

Giving our lack of depth at RWB aswell as our first choice in O’Donnell being badly out of from who was sent of the past game against accies, like I mentioned before I hope he’s one Clarke is keeping an eye on if we’re not planning on trying Armstrong there.

Edited by ElChris04

23 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

Oostende drew 1-1. 

Jack Hendry played the full 90 minutes. They're now up to fourth (joint third).

Chances are, they'll be playing in Europe next season.

Hendry should definitely be in the next squad.

I agree on Hendry. Could he replace Mctominay to allow him to play further forward? 

3 minutes ago, bigfingers said:

I agree on Hendry. Could he replace Mctominay to allow him to play further forward? 

I think so. I've seen Hendry a few times this season. He's filled out physically and his defending has got better. Looks more like a leader these days.

We have to get McTominay in midfield sooner rather than later.

6 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

In your dreams. He has no game intelligence whatsoever. All he will do is to over-run the ball out of play much quicker due to his pace.

To be fair all he has to to at right wing back is run in straight lines and track back. Might struggle with the tracking back though to be honest!

26 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

I think so. I've seen Hendry a few times this season. He's filled out physically and his defending has got better. Looks more like a leader these days.

We have to get McTominay in midfield sooner rather than later.

A back 3 of Hendry Cooper and KT might be the way forward. 

3 minutes ago, bigfingers said:

A back 3 of Hendry Cooper and KT might be the way forward. 

Definitely has possibilities.

The good thing is we have defenders like Hanley, McKenna, Porteous and Gallagher on stand by.

I'd like McTominay to be pushed forward. We've all see how McTominay has offered Manchester United when he's played in midfield, with license to drive forward.

1 hour ago, Taylor1996 said:

Ah.

Are you sure about that, though? The once thing.

Young Dembele has switched between Scotland and England three times. I think the previous rule limit four times, at youth level, so, Dembele's next switch wouldve locked him in.

I think the new amendment has cancelled out the previous switching rule. I could be wrong, though.

Yeah FIFA mention switching association only once in 9.1 of this https://resources.fifa.com/image/upload/commentary-on-the-rules-governing-eligibility-to-participate-for-representative-.pdf?cloudid=ro8mje8vw98yp3rvfbmi

Although it's not immediately clear when you officially 'switch association'...i.e. is it just at senior level or does it count as a switch at age group levels.

The Dembele thing is where I read about this initially I'm sure. He was OK to switch back and forth because it has at under 15/16/17 level. But once he gets to under 19 level (I think) then it's an official switch because he would be playing competitive UEFA qualifiers. 

Someone maybe told me on here? Maybe it has been superseded by the new amendment though. 

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Thanks

I saw one interview where he said he was proud about representing Scotland but I won't get my hopes up yet. 

Yeah and he's been involved for a decent amount of time, hoping he's made his choice. His name sounds Italian...he's Englishness his maybe diluted by that too. Might make it easier to pick Scotland. 

14 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

Definitely has possibilities.

The good thing is we have defenders like Hanley, McKenna, Porteous and Gallagher on stand by.

I'd like McTominay to be pushed forward. We've all see how McTominay has offered Manchester United when he's played in midfield, with license to drive forward.

Assuming McGinn starts higher up will be interesting to see who Clarke would partner Mctominay with in the engine room. 

2 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Sent off

With his lack of game time lately (partly due to Covid) and now the sending off, you'd think that would put to bed any outside chance he'd have of making the qualifiers and the Euros. Same goes for Gilmour. (Never say never though)

However, both of these guys have incredible careers ahead of them. They will get their chance, even if they miss out this time.

7 hours ago, Super_Scotlandfan said:

Yeah FIFA mention switching association only once in 9.1 of this https://resources.fifa.com/image/upload/commentary-on-the-rules-governing-eligibility-to-participate-for-representative-.pdf?cloudid=ro8mje8vw98yp3rvfbmi

Although it's not immediately clear when you officially 'switch association'...i.e. is it just at senior level or does it count as a switch at age group levels.

The Dembele thing is where I read about this initially I'm sure. He was OK to switch back and forth because it has at under 15/16/17 level. But once he gets to under 19 level (I think) then it's an official switch because he would be playing competitive UEFA qualifiers. 

Someone maybe told me on here? Maybe it has been superseded by the new amendment though. 

I think it was me that mentioned it, as Dembele was switching back and forth, it was in an article that he only had one more switch.

I think new amendment supersedes it. I'm not 100% sure, though.