Scottish players in action 20/21 - Page 58 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 20/21

romanticscot

7 hours ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

See McBurnie and Fleck refusing to join the huddle, embarrassing

Couple of fucking freaks 😂 They're literally in the huddle, they've just decided their too staunch to crouch over a wee bit. As if Celtic invented the huddle anyway. 😂😂

5 hours ago, Jim Beem said:

Couple of fucking freaks 😂 They're literally in the huddle, they've just decided their too staunch to crouch over a wee bit. As if Celtic invented the huddle anyway. 😂😂

The manager or captain should be telling them to stop being a couple of cunts

1 hour ago, Kirk said:

The manager or captain should be telling them to stop being a couple of cunts

Agreed, it's f pathetic. They play for and hare paid by Sheffield United, respect that, respect the captain and the ways of the club instead of acting like childish idiots

8 minutes ago, noctonjock said:

Liam Cooper has been superb for leeds tonight 

You wonder how he has only got 5 caps, Leeds fans are raving about how good he has been was In a prem team team of the week the other week. 

Edited by syecosse

Today's guardian...

QUOTE OF THE DAY

“I grew up watching Xavi and Iniesta; I loved the way they played. We used to watch so much Spanish football, the kind of football I thought suited me. The second I heard ‘Spain’ I was like: ‘Yeah, I’m going’”– Scotland Under-21 midfielder Jordan Holsgrove gets his chat on with Sid Lowe and reveals how he jumped at the chance to play in Spain, where he is now scoring worldies for Celta Vigo.

On 2/5/2021 at 1:05 PM, fringo said:

And some other good clips of Ryan Gauld in Portugal

Seems like Gauld will have to miss out on the March games due to the UK’s restrictions on travel from Portugal. 

Farense would have to release him early (missing a game) to get 10 days quarantine in Scotland. 

Unless he meets up for the Israel game only (although I assume Israel will have similar rules). 

12 hours ago, syecosse said:

You wonder how he has only got 5 caps, Leeds fans are raving about how good he has been was In a prem team team of the week the other week. 

He's only really come good over the last 3 or so seasons. 

I remember checking the Leeds forum when he started putting in EPL stats in the championship and the jury was well and truly out,even though his fellow professionals voted him into the team of the season. 

20 hours ago, Jim Beem said:

That's true, but the way they carry on you'd be forgiven for thinking they did!

1 hour ago, ceudmilefailte said:

He's only really come good over the last 3 or so seasons. 

I remember checking the Leeds forum when he started putting in EPL stats in the championship and the jury was well and truly out,even though his fellow professionals voted him into the team of the season. 

They - Leeds fans - don't call him League One Liam for nothing.

35 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

I assume you mean didn't call him league one Liam for nothing. I don't think many are now. 

A couple of mates of mine who are life long Leeds fans call him exactly that, which is why I know about it.

3 minutes ago, aaid said:

A couple of mates of mine who are life long Leeds fans call him exactly that, which is why I know about it.

In fairness, go to Redcafe and you'll find some Manchester United fans calling Scott McTominay "a bad passer", "nothing but a squad player", "a Championship player", "mediocre", etc.

Even when Darren Fletcher convinced the majority of Manchester United fans of his ability, there were still a few stubborm fans who didn't want to admit to be being wrong, so stuck to their original appraisal. 

Over the past 22 years, how many Scotland fans wanted to continue with four at the back? Yep. Even the majority can be wrong, too.

1 hour ago, aaid said:

He seems to be cutting the mustard now though, to be fair. I'm sure if he really was League One standard he'd have been found out by now.

Then again, Shane Duffy was an EPL regular for three seasons straight....

17 hours ago, Archiesdad said:

Today's guardian...

QUOTE OF THE DAY

“I grew up watching Xavi and Iniesta; I loved the way they played. We used to watch so much Spanish football, the kind of football I thought suited me. The second I heard ‘Spain’ I was like: ‘Yeah, I’m going’”– Scotland Under-21 midfielder Jordan Holsgrove gets his chat on with Sid Lowe and reveals how he jumped at the chance to play in Spain, where he is now scoring worldies for Celta Vigo.

the interview is excellent. 

I believe that nickname league one Liam is quite widespread within the Leeds fans, my mate who is also a season ticket holder mate also calls him that & still doesn't rate him.

The way Leeds play it must be pretty tough being a central defender at times especially against the top 6 to 8 Epl clubs. He was very solid last night & seems to have handled the step up in class so far.

Leeds also this season signed Spanish & German international centre backs ( both injured currently) so he needs to continue in his fine form to be sure to start. If he can for another month then he could be deserving of a start in the WC qualifiers. 

If fit though Tierney & McTominay are certainties so there's only the middle mans position up for grabs.. 

Edited by theabsentee

16 hours ago, Super_Scotlandfan said:

Seems like Gauld will have to miss out on the March games due to the UK’s restrictions on travel from Portugal. 

Farense would have to release him early (missing a game) to get 10 days quarantine in Scotland. 

Unless he meets up for the Israel game only (although I assume Israel will have similar rules). 

There is an exemption for professional sports - which is why Celtic were able to go to Dubai and return without quarantining.  Of course 13 players and two of the staff had to self isolate but that was because they'd been identified as a close contact of a positive case.

21 minutes ago, aaid said:

There is an exemption for professional sports - which is why Celtic were able to go to Dubai and return without quarantining.  Of course 13 players and two of the staff had to self isolate but that was because they'd been identified as a close contact of a positive case.

Maybe not any more after 15th Feb? 

"Elite athletes are currently exempt from travel restrictions however Mr Matheson said the criteria would be strengthened, to only permit travel for athletes and coaches preparing for the Olympics and Paralympics."

Edited by Orraloon

3 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Maybe not any more after 15th Feb? 

Wouldn't have thought so or it will scupper all international and European competitions.

Worth pointing out that there are a raft of occupations that are exempt from having to quarantine, not just sports.

Edited by aaid