Scottish players in action 20/21 - Page 56 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 20/21

romanticscot

2 hours ago, Tartan blood said:

Without looking up the stats, I remember a large portion of those appearances came from the bench and a lot of his starts were against the likes of Belgium, where he was never likely to score. He also has some assists. Anyway, I don't want to defend his stats, but he is by far our most gifted finisher. So having him on form could be invaluable.

I dont disagree that he is our most natural finisher and id still have him in the squad. I was just pointing out that he has not proven that he is international class striker.

2 hours ago, ProudScot said:

Worse than McBurnie!? 🤔

How? 

Performed worse than McBurnie. Griffiths was way off the pace in the last round of games. His touch was horrible, passing loose and had 2 or 3 decent chances that he didnt score. (1 of them put on a plate for him by McBurnie)

Griffiths is a better player than McBurnie. Id have him in the team before McBurnie but that doesnt stop me from being honest about somebodys performance.

20 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

Performed worse than McBurnie. Griffiths was way off the pace in the last round of games. His touch was horrible, passing loose and had 2 or 3 decent chances that he didnt score. (1 of them put on a plate for him by McBurnie)

Griffiths is a better player than McBurnie. Id have him in the team before McBurnie but that doesnt stop me from being honest about somebodys performance.

Think you need to watch the games back again 

5 hours ago, ProudScot said:

Whereas McBurnie really set the heather on fire.

McBurnie would rank among the worst Scotland performances of all time on his last few caps, nobody was worse than him. 

I never said McBurnie was good. He wasnt however he still did better than Griffith in those games. 

20 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Hes scored 6 goals this season. If he's our starter then we are truly shite. 

I'm no fan of Paterson but hard to argue that he's not our striker in the best form at the moment.

Dykes - is it 1 goal from open play all season? 

Mcburnie - 1 goal all season 

Griffiths - benched 

Burke - never looks like a centre forward

Shankland - poor season 

Nisbet - looks to have been benched the last couple of games unless he's carrying an injury? 

We really need at least one of them to hit a run of form in the next few weeks 

14 minutes ago, Dodger said:

I'm no fan of Paterson but hard to argue that he's not our striker in the best form at the moment.

Dykes - is it 1 goal from open play all season? 

Mcburnie - 1 goal all season 

Griffiths - benched 

Burke - never looks like a centre forward

Shankland - poor season 

Nisbet - looks to have been benched the last couple of games unless he's carrying an injury? 

We really need at least one of them to hit a run of form in the next few weeks 

Dykes has never been prolific at club level but he has played well for Scotland and seems to fit the system well. 

Nisbet has been benched due to the transfer rumours I think. Even so he's been impressive this season with 13 goals. 

Griffiths has  a goal every 114 minutes this season. That's a pretty decent record for a guy who's been in and out the Celtic team. 

McBurnie as much as I slag him has a good record at English championship and has only got 1 goal this season due to him playing at a high level. A level Paterson has struggled at. 

I can see Paterson getting in the squad but I don't think a couple of goals in recent weeks warrants a start ahead of those 4. Especially Griffiths, dykes and Nisbet. 

30 minutes ago, Kirk said:

Super Ryan Fraser stays on the bench and his team actually win

Allan Saint-Maximin is probably a better player and will keep Fraser on the bench,  up to Fraser to show he can still do it when he get's off the bench.

Not a fan of Fraser's either but he has more talent than the majority(if not all) of our attacking players.