Scottish players in action 20/21 - Page 52 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 20/21

romanticscot

3 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Yeh they have been poor but christie, Griffiths and mcgregor will be in our squads and deserve to be there. Forrest will be as well but not sure he really deserves to be. 

Christie has been dropped to the bench recently. Turnbull appears to be their best player just now. I would expect him to be called up. 

Just now, bigfingers said:

Christie has been dropped to the bench recently. Turnbull appears to be their best player just now. I would expect him to be called up. 

Yeh but theres no chance christie gets dropped from the Scotland squad. Turnbull should be called up Tbf but there is alot of competition in midfield especially with Gilmour coming through as well. Who gets left out?

Just now, mccaughey85 said:

Yeh but theres no chance christie gets dropped from the Scotland squad. Turnbull should be called up Tbf but there is alot of competition in midfield especially with Gilmour coming through as well. Who gets left out?

It depends on what Clarke wants to do. He may want to look to the future a bit and pick a Turnbull over a fleck who is never going to be first choice anyway. 

12 minutes ago, bigfingers said:

It depends on what Clarke wants to do. He may want to look to the future a bit and pick a Turnbull over a fleck who is never going to be first choice anyway. 

Yeh true, fleck might be one of the guys who might get cut. Shame really because I quite like him and I think a fair bit of sheffield Uniteds success has come from him. 

5 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

I hope Kirk is safe and well.

I say that as Fraser starts for Newcastle.

I'm fine, they've pulled a win from somewhere too. Chat on the radio was st max is still suffering from covid so they had been debating starting him and bringing fraser on or vice versa. 

I would like him to do well, just think hes a dick and so far hasnt lived up to his own hype.

17 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

i think christie is nailed on squad member and competing for inside forward with fraser.

turnbull possible squad place but most likely next tournament.

griffiths slated by his own manager... touch and go fir squad.

15 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Grant Hanley given the Who Scored MoM after helping 10 man Norwich to  goalless draw against Middlesbrough.

It's his eighth consecutive rating over 7.0 and the last 6 have been on the right hand side of defence.

Don't know if he is right or left footed or just good at playing football.

He's right-footed but has often played for Norwich as a left centre back. Him or Hendry could be the means to move McTom forward.

2 hours ago, Malcolm said:

i think christie is nailed on squad member and competing for inside forward with fraser.

turnbull possible squad place but most likely next tournament.

griffiths slated by his own manager... touch and go fir squad.

Griffiths may be touch and go but he's the only Scottish striker who has been scoring of late. And I can't think of another who could have an impact from the bench.

1 minute ago, Third Lanark said:

Griffiths may be touch and go but he's the only Scottish striker who has been scoring of late. And I can't think of another who could have an impact from the bench.

Celtic are a shambles and an embarrassment.

You can’t judge their players on the words of Lennon or how he’s utilising them this season.

Griffiths has to be in the squad.