Scottish players in action 20/21 - Page 51 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 20/21

romanticscot

On 26/01/2021 at 8:54 PM, Taylor1996 said:

Ryan Gauld played quite well against Porto last night. He almost scored the equalizer, unfortunately, Porto won 0-1. The Farense keeper made about 4 or 5 amazing saves.

He's rubbing shoulders with players like Pepe, etc. Must be loving it.

If Farense go down, I can see a mid-table Portuguese team snapping him up. His contract is up in the summer.

They have a one year option on his contract. Still given his performances, I'm sure quite a few clubs will be having a look at him.

2 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Tom McIntyre scores for high flying Reading 

Noticed that, only 6 months older that Porteous and MoM in three of his last four games according to whoscored. Got an assist in the other game so we will let him off with that one.

Certainly one to keep an eye on with the ages of some of our central defenders. Stand by for you can play in defence until your mid 30's. Maybe you can but you won't do it very well unless you were brilliant in the first place.

7 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Better prospect than Porteous? who seems to be a darling of some and a hate figure for others on here.

I like Porteous, not seen alot of Mcintyre so it's hard to judge but top half championship is defo better than the spl(minus the old firm) so it's promising that Mcintyre seems comfortable there at only a 22.

28 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Better prospect than Porteous? who seems to be a darling of some and a hate figure for others on here.

I thought Porteous was decent but he was atrocious the other night. I don’t think one game defines a player but it was so bad that it’s hard to see how he could step up to international level from the display he put in. 

Hopefully it was a one off. 

Porteous isnt anything special imo. He is ok on the ball but lacks composure, isnt particuarly quick and his positional play and decision making are both poor.

Still young enough to improve but way off the standard required for the next 2 or 3 years at the very least. 

Those saying he should be in before Hanley are mad.

He is Left Footed I believe, has also played left back for Reading this season but his natural position is centre half. 
Reading Club Captain is out injured at the moment and hence why T.Mac given his chance to shine and from what I’ve read he is certainly taken the opportunity. 
Has represented Scotland at U21 Level and also younger age brackets, fingers crossed he continues to shine and give Steve Clarke something to think about.

46 minutes ago, broraboy said:

He is Left Footed I believe, has also played left back for Reading this season but his natural position is centre half. 
Reading Club Captain is out injured at the moment and hence why T.Mac given his chance to shine and from what I’ve read he is certainly taken the opportunity. 
Has represented Scotland at U21 Level and also younger age brackets, fingers crossed he continues to shine and give Steve Clarke something to think about.

How long is the captain injured for?