Scottish players in action 20/21 - Page 47 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 20/21

romanticscot

1 hour ago, mccaughey85 said:

Some goal. A few more goals like that and he might keep his place in the squad. 

needs to be scoring a lot more goals.  I don’t see it myself... think dykes, griffiths, Fraser, Christie and even mcburnie all ahead of him.  

9 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

needs to be scoring a lot more goals.  I don’t see it myself... think dykes, griffiths, Fraser, Christie and even mcburnie all ahead of him.  

Agree on the rest but don’t see it with McBurnie at all. 

If we’re taking a big squad for the next 3 matches I’d like to see Griffiths, Dykes, Nisbet & Shankland as the four strikers. 

McBurnie is the Shane Duffy of strikers IMO. 

18 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Agree on the rest but don’t see it with McBurnie at all. 

If we’re taking a big squad for the next 3 matches I’d like to see Griffiths, Dykes, Nisbet & Shankland as the four strikers. 

McBurnie is the Shane Duffy of strikers IMO. 

Get Shankland in there, 2 goals since September is pretty good for a Scottish striker.

Shankland’s problem this season is the way United set up. Far too negative with absolute NO creativity. Any chances/goals he’s getting are coming from his own work. 
Whether he gets a few goals between now and March will be crucial to him keeping his place in the squad as our other strikers aren’t scoring either. 

Striker not scoring many for their clubs isn't anything new sadly.

It should be remembered that Kenny Miller and James McFadden weren't exactly banging in goals every week for their clubs (Celtic and Derby for Miller, Everton for McFadden) during 2006 and 2007 when they were key players in that Scotland team which nearly qualified for Euro 2008.

Back then McFadden sometimes went ages without scoring for Everton.

On 1/15/2021 at 3:14 PM, SkyBlueScot said:

Has anyone seen much of  Jack Hamilton at Livi? He scored 7 goals in 9 at East Fife. Sounds a prospect.

He’s not international class in my opinion, although he is still young. He’s not got the mobility, pace, height or strength to be useful to Scotland at the moment. Maybe he’ll get fitter and faster over the next few years, but I don’t think he’ll be a Scotland player. 

Nicky Devlin must be getting close to being the best right/back in the league outside the Old Firm, another decent game against Celtic today. He’d adjust to wing-back no problem, has played there a number of times for Livingston.

I also thought the young Right-back for Celtic today looked a decent prospect, Ralston, I think his name is?