Scottish players in action 20/21 - Page 44 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 20/21

romanticscot

12 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

Goalies mature much later so plenty of time for McCrorie and Kelly to develop and in the interim McLaughlin is still youngish.

Kelly is going nowhere fast at QPR. Don't think he's played a game this season and when he did play last season, their fans said he was a bag of nerves.

If you go on YouTube and watch the video on the SFA page where Clarke, Carver, Reid and Woods are talking about the national team, they actually namecheck Robby McCrorie and Ross Doohan as two young keepers they are focussing on. Clarke implied that if circumstances had allowed for a friendly match or two, he would have likely given both McCrorie and Doohan debuts.

3 hours ago, Malcolm said:

Hickey not able to get in the Bologna team now?

He's still only eighteen. Calm doon.

16 hours ago, ProudScot said:

Okay okay OKAY! 

I meant McGregor was the best... British.. keeper in the UK.

I am so very sorry for not being clear and how my words have been misconstrued.

My humble apologies. 

Think we have a lot to be thankful to McGregor for. Qualifying for EURO 2020 for one thing. If it wasn't for the last minute save against Israel at Hampden there would be no guarantee we would have been in the playoffs. Israel would have won the group and we would be on a different path with an away SF match at best , probably in Israel 😬 

Very capable goalie in Marshall but further down, none of Kelly, McCrorie or Doohan are first choice for their clubs at the moment. 

Not for a minute suggesting a call up or anything mad like that but I'm currently watching Maidenhead United play Brentford's B team in a behind closed doors - is their any other type of game at the moment - friendly.

Aaron Pressley - Stephen's son - is playing up front and has banged in a couple of goals in the first 20 minutes.   6'2" and a real handful.  Only recently turned 19, so should be good for the U21s.   One to keep an eye on.

26 minutes ago, aaid said:

Not for a minute suggesting a call up or anything mad like that but I'm currently watching Maidenhead United play Brentford's B team in a behind closed doors - is their any other type of game at the moment - friendly.

Aaron Pressley - Stephen's son - is playing up front and has banged in a couple of goals in the first 20 minutes.   6'2" and a real handful.  Only recently turned 19, so should be good for the U21s.   One to keep an eye on.

Did he really call his son Aaron? :lol:

Has he got a daughter called Priscilla? 

Dembele should not be anywhere near the squad. Same as his wee brother.

I've seen him a couple of times. He has bags of talent and he's the type of player that can unlock defenses, but apparently, he has an attitude problem. So.. No.

Talent without application is a waste.

I'd much rather look at Lewis Morgan and Michael Johnston (if he can ever get injury-free. It's a shame that his career has been derailed so much)

Edited by Taylor1996

8 hours ago, Taylor1996 said:

Dembele should not be anywhere near the squad. Same as his wee brother.

I've seen him a couple of times. He has bags of talent and he's the type of player that can unlock defenses, but apparently, he has an attitude problem. So.. No.

Talent without application is a waste.

I'd much rather look at Lewis Morgan and Michael Johnston (if he can ever get injury-free. It's a shame that his career has been derailed so much)

You are writing off a 17 year old kid as apparently hes attitude problems? Where have you seen this? I've never heard Lennon suggest this.

You don't half talk some amount of pish.

28 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

You are writing off a 17 year old kid as apparently hes attitude problems? Where have you seen this? I've never heard Lennon suggest this.

You don't half talk some amount of pish.

I'm writing off the 17 year old Dembele as his preference is to play for England.

I'm writing off the 24 year old Dembele as he has attitude problems. I stated that I've watched the 24 year old Dembele a couple of times.

But since you mention it:

there are now ‘worries over his application and attitude

Edited by Taylor1996

Holsgrove's stats were pretty good 97% pass success  rate, one dribble one shot at goal (blocked) he saw plenty of the ball and did not appear out of place at all. Watched most of the second half and while most of his passes were pretty safe that seems to be the Celta way.

Problem is he only got the chance due to injuries to two of the main Celta midfielders so probably not a break through moment but a major step forward.

Edited by ceudmilefailte

1 hour ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Holsgrove's stats were pretty good 97% pass success  rate, one dribble one shot at goal (blocked) he saw plenty of the ball and did not appear out of place at all. Watched most of the second half and while most of his passes were pretty safe that seems to be the Celta way.

Problem is he only got the chance due to injuries to two of the main Celta midfielders so probably not a break through moment but a major step forward.

This is pretty positive. Hopefully racks up a few appearances between now and the end of the season.