Scottish players in action 20/21 - Page 42 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 20/21

romanticscot

26 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

There's a reason why Fred and Douglas Luiz play alongside McGinn and McTominay. They're there to babysit then.

McTominay and McGinn aren't the main anchormen for their club. For a good reason.

If I had to make the choice, I’d have McGinn and McTominey ahead of Jack as a defensive midfielder. The reason being both McGinn and McTominey are much more mobile than Jack, an asset all good defensive midfielders need, which Jack doesn’t have. 

31 minutes ago, Scot1 said:

If I had to make the choice, I’d have McGinn and McTominey ahead of Jack as a defensive midfielder. The reason being both McGinn and McTominey are much more mobile than Jack, an asset all good defensive midfielders need, which Jack doesn’t have. 

my issue with Mcginn in that position is he takes more risks and makes more mistakes... ok if you are in an attacking position not no so much in front of the defence.  My main consideration is someone who can tackle and not give away possession.

9 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

McGregor is still our best keeper, I would put him second only to goram in the best goalie in my lifetime.  At their peak I would have mcgregor then Gordon then Marshall.

He’s brilliant and probably the best keeper in the UK.

Marshall is the man for us now and we’re lucky to have him he’s a very reliable presence between the sticks. 

51 minutes ago, Scot1 said:

Even McTominay's biggest fans (Man United fans) would say that McTominay is 0% an anchorman.

As a balance, he's fine, but if he's the main defensive midfielder then he is in trouble. That's why a pairing of Pogba and McTominay doesn't work.

Same with McGinn.

It has be Jack + another.

20 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

my issue with Mcginn in that position is he takes more risks and makes more mistakes... ok if you are in an attacking position not no so much in front of the defence.  My main consideration is someone who can tackle and not give away possession.

He is becoming more experienced and mature with Villa.

As far as tackling goes, McGinn is able to get around the midfield to put the tackles in. He has the mobility, physicality and aggression we need in the middle of the park.

3 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

Even McTominay's biggest fans (Man United fans) would say that McTominay is 0% an anchorman.

As a balance, he's fine, but if he's the main defensive midfielder then he is in trouble. That's why a pairing of Pogba and McTominay doesn't work.

Same with McGinn.

It has be Jack + another.

No he’s a box-box midfielder, but in a pairing with someone like McGinn, he’d be able to sit on occasion  as Mcginn goes forward and vice versa. Although I’d have McGinn doing the majority of the sitting 

10 minutes ago, Scot1 said:

No he’s a box-box midfielder, but in a pairing with someone like McGinn, he’d be able to sit on occasion  as Mcginn goes forward and vice versa. Although I’d have McGinn doing the majority of the sitting 

McGinn's main inclination when he receives the ball is to drop his shoulder and try to dribble past people. As a main anchorman, that is suicide.

Why not just make it a 100% bombscare duo and add Stuart Armstrong to the mix. 😛

3 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

McGinn's main inclination when he receives the ball is to drop his shoulder and try to dribble past people. As a main anchorman, that is suicide.

Why not just make it a 100% bombscare duo and add Stuart Armstrong to the mix. 😛

Have you watched Aston Villa lately?

1 hour ago, Malcolm said:

McGregor is still our best keeper, I would put him second only to goram in the best goalie in my lifetime.  At their peak I would have mcgregor then Gordon then Marshall.

Eh?

You think Goram was better than McGregor but you wouldn't have him in your top three? 

8 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

Griffiths getting close to full match sharpness. If we have no injuries and he’s on it, I’d strongly fancy us to get out the group at the Euros.

Aye he looked good today. If he keeps up that form he has to be in the squad.

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

Eh?

You think Goram was better than McGregor but you wouldn't have him in your top three? 

no, goram best ever Scotland keeper in my life time...  of the keepers still playing my order would be mcgregor, Gordon Marshall....   

Edited by Malcolm

Not seen the match yet, but it sounds like Porteous was dog meat today. 
Gotta say if Livi keep playing well and depending on what happens with SOD and Motherwell and Palmer at Sheffield Weds. Nicky Devlin could be in for a shout at the Right Wing/back position.

5 hours ago, Scot1 said:

Not seen the match yet, but it sounds like Porteous was dog meat today. 
Gotta say if Livi keep playing well and depending on what happens with SOD and Motherwell and Palmer at Sheffield Weds. Nicky Devlin could be in for a shout at the Right Wing/back position.

SOD is absolutely awful...Gallagher is trying but is surrounded by incompetent idiots