Scottish players in action 20/21 - Page 39 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 20/21

romanticscot

With proper coaching Dykes could be easily so much better. He could easily reach the levels of Mitrovic at Fulham. Just a shame he won’t get it at QPR or Scotland 

9 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Or Paterson or Burke.

Dykes is probably crap at QPR as the formation doesn't suit. But we need a Dykes or McBurnie type to make ours work. 

Yep and God yes.

I don't even acknowledge Paterson, to be honest. 

I think so. I haven't watched him at QPR, but if I were to guess, i'd say you were right. Dykes reminds me of a more mobile Chris Martin, he was better with a strike partner, too.

Dykes has moved up from Queen of the South to QPR (and Scotland) in a couple of seasons. He’s now struggling in a struggling team. With proper coaching he could move up another level. 

13 hours ago, Taylor1996 said:

No.

On technical ability, alone, Naismith is better than all of our strikers.

Dykes is the only current striker in the Scotland squad that I rate. 

I certainly wouldn’t discount Naisy either. Especially when Shankland and McBurnie are miles off it just now. 

And never underestimate an aging player whose last chance for tournament is fast approaching as they tend to go for it that wee bit harder. 

2 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

I certainly wouldn’t discount Naisy either. Especially when Shankland and McBurnie are miles off it just now. 

And never underestimate an aging player whose last chance for tournament is fast approaching as they tend to go for it that wee bit harder. 

Definitely. In terms of technical ability and being clever, he's miles ahead of everyone else we have in the striking position.

Agreed.

9 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

Naisy being discussed shows how bad our options are. A fully fit dykes and griffiths are better options and it looks like clarke prefers fraser up top with dykes so thats 3 ahead of him.

After those 3 the options it gets very uninspiring. 

Shankland isnt exactly doing it in the top league. Burke is like forrest gump, he runs and runs......sometimes out of play 🤦‍♂️

36 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

I agree, there is some possibility he will go. Most likely if Dykes happens to be injured. 

4 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Naisy being discussed shows how bad our options are. A fully fit dykes and griffiths are better options and it looks like clarke prefers fraser up top with dykes so thats 3 ahead of him.

After those 3 the options it gets very uninspiring. 

Shankland isnt exactly doing it in the top league. Burke is like forrest gump, he runs and runs......sometimes out of play 🤦‍♂️

Dykes isn’t scoring, Griffiths is in and out the Celtic team and chipping in with a goal here and there, Shankland has three all season, Fraser is hardly getting game time, McBurnie is, well, McBurnie. 

Naisy will get plenty game time at Hearts, loads of goals and will be sharp providing he stays injury free. He’s our top scorer and never let us down. As things stand, it would be wrong to discard him as an option. 

You’re right though, our options are pretty poor. 

38 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

Dykes isn’t scoring, Griffiths is in and out the Celtic team and chipping in with a goal here and there, Shankland has three all season, Fraser is hardly getting game time, McBurnie is, well, McBurnie. 

Naisy will get plenty game time at Hearts, loads of goals and will be sharp providing he stays injury free. He’s our top scorer and never let us down. As things stand, it would be wrong to discard him as an option. 

You’re right though, our options are pretty poor. 

Dykes adds a lot to the team without scoring. If he plays he needs someone up top to play off him.

All of the strikers have 5 months to get their arse in gear.

8 hours ago, SkyBlueScot said:

Kyle Joseph (19) scored a hat trick for Wigan last night. Not a player I was aware of.

Sounds promising, league 1 isn't the best standard but he's only 19 so if he can score plenty of goals this season he might get a move to a better club. Wigan are struggling big time by the looks of it. 

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Dykes adds a lot to the team without scoring. If he plays he needs someone up top to play off him.

All of the strikers have 5 months to get their arse in gear.

Yeah we do have players in other positions who can get us goals. Christie, McGinn, Fraser, Forrest have got us goals before and it looks like Turnbull knows where the net is. 

10 hours ago, SkyBlueScot said:

Kyle Joseph (19) scored a hat trick for Wigan last night. Not a player I was aware of.

Born in Chipping Barnet, don't know if he's 1/2 or 1/4 Scots. He has nailed his colours to the mast early on and has played for our youth teams.

Judging by his twitter he does seem quite keen on playing for us and was cheering the senior team on. :ok:

22 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Born in Chipping Barnet, don't know if he's 1/2 or 1/4 Scots. He has nailed his colours to the mast early on and has played for our youth teams.

Judging by his twitter he does seem quite keen on playing for us and was cheering the senior team on. :ok:

Hedging his bets probably. Most of these lads know the chances of playing for England is slim so they may as well play youth international with us then if they do become good enough for England they can switch. Not saying this is necessarily the case with this lad but it wouldn't surprise me.