Scottish players in action 20/21 - Page 30 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 20/21

romanticscot

There are some deluded souls here.

Adams has represented England, has been asked three times to represent us by three different people and has said no. What more evidence do you need that he is not interested.

In any case why should he be interested? He evidently feels 100% English and has lived and played in England all of his life. I commend him for his loyalty to his country which is England. End of.

15 hours ago, Taylor1996 said:

(Is this suddenly the Che Adams thread?)

On Saturday David Bates's Cercle Brugge came up against Jack Hendy's KV Oostende in the Belgium Pro League.

Both started, only one ended the match. Bates got two yellow cards. KV Oostende won 1-0.

Bates was VERY unlucky with the second yellow card.  In fact, I would say he was cheated.  But I've heard that Hendry was good again.  He has a really good chance of getting into the squad in March.

Not sure if it was mentioned earlier, but 18-year old Elliot Anderson was on the bench for Newcastle recently.  

https://www.nufc.co.uk/news/latest-news/introducing-elliot-anderson/

6 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

Bates was VERY unlucky with the second yellow card.  In fact, I would say he was cheated.  But I've heard that Hendry was good again.  He has a really good chance of getting into the squad in March.

Not sure if it was mentioned earlier, but 18-year old Elliot Anderson was on the bench for Newcastle recently.  

Great to hear they are both playing regular and good reports.

Surely Celtic will take Hendry back in January after their comedy show defensively in the first half of the season? 

2 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Great to hear they are both playing regular and good reports.

Surely Celtic will take Hendry back in January after their comedy show defensively in the first half of the season? 

I'm not sure what the terms of the loan are but I'm pretty sure there is an option to buy.  I personally can't see him back at Celtic Park but I'd be happy for him to come back and prove a few people wrong. 

12 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

Too bad about the Bates with his second yellow. Hope he bounces back.

I agree about Hendry. If he has developed in Belgium he'd be a very useful player to have. Hopefully he's like his father and matures well.

11 hours ago, Taylor1996 said:

Too bad about the Bates with his second yellow. Hope he bounces back.

I agree about Hendry. If he has developed in Belgium he'd be a very useful player to have. Hopefully he's like his father and matures well.

Jack Hendry is not the son of Colin Hendry.

Your thinking of Callum Hendry who plays for St Johnstone.

Mikey Johnston got on for the last 5 minutes on Sunday and Turnbull is beginning to make an impact too. We seem to have some very good, young attacking midfielders who hopefully will be in contention for squad places come the Summer.

Edited by Scot1

4 hours ago, Scot1 said:

Mikey Johnston got on for the last 5 minutes on Sunday and Turnbull is beginning to make an impact too. We seem to have some very good, young attacking midfielders who hopefully will be in contention for squad places come the Summer.

It’s so tantalising what’s happening at the moment. Potentially a lot of things coming together at exactly the right time with a major tournament just months away.

19 minutes ago, JECK said:

It’s so tantalising what’s happening at the moment. Potentially a lot of things coming together at exactly the right time with a major tournament just months away.

And with a good draw in the World Cup group, I’m sure a lot of players are realising there’s an opportunity for them to push into the squad for the Euros, but more probably the World Cup qualifiers if they perform. 

Interesting to see John McGinn playing in a less advanced role with Villa again tonight. Perhaps that’s where his future lies with Scotland? I still think our centre midfield is a weak point in terms of aggression, tackling, winning the ball back. Perhaps switching Mcgregor and McGinn around in positions would solve this. 

Edited by Scot1

8 minutes ago, Scot1 said:

Interesting to see John McGinn playing in a less advanced role with Villa again tonight. Perhaps that’s where his future lies with Scotland? I still think our centre midfield is a weak point in terms of aggression, tackling, winning the ball back. Perhaps switching Mcgregor and McGinn around in positions would solve this. 

I think a Mcginn, mcgregor, christie would be best. Christie being the more advanced midfielder. 

1 minute ago, mccaughey85 said:

I think a Mcginn, mcgregor, christie would be best. Christie being the more advanced midfielder. 

Drop Jack? I suppose depending on the opposition will influence team selection. But against better teams, perhaps McGinn and Jack with McGregor/Christie/Armstrong/Turnbull ahead of them. (Assuming Dykes and Fraser are the front 2)

Just now, Scot1 said:

Drop Jack? I suppose depending on the opposition will influence team selection. But against better teams, perhaps McGinn and Jack with McGregor/Christie/Armstrong/Turnbull ahead of them. (Assuming Dykes and Fraser are the front 2)

Yeh not sure tbh, Jacks done quite well Tbf. Midfield is a hard pick, alot of talent. I would be happy with                           Mcginn Jack 

Christie/armstrong

Its a bit early for Turnbull but he could be an option for the future. 

3 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Yeh not sure tbh, Jacks done quite well Tbf. Midfield is a hard pick, alot of talent. I would be happy with                           Mcginn Jack 

Christie/armstrong

Its a bit early for Turnbull but he could be an option for the future. 

We have a lot of talent in most of the midfield roles, a bit sparse in the defensive/holding role. In the not too distant future you could go for a midfield 3 of

Gilmour    McGinn  McTominey

McGinn as the holding mid

Edited by Scot1

2 hours ago, Scot1 said:

We have a lot of talent in most of the midfield roles, a bit sparse in the defensive/holding role. In the not too distant future you could go for a midfield 3 of

Gilmour    McGinn  McTominey

McGinn as the holding mid

That midfield 3 is the way forward for us, balance, composure, aggression, ability