Scottish players in action 20/21 - Page 27 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 20/21

romanticscot

8 hours ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

He just turned 19 in October. If he was 20/21 I'd agree but shadowing Tavernier and training daily with Kent, Barisic, etc will help him greatly. If we let him go on loan, we'd have to sign a back up RB which would block Patterson on his return.

If Tavernier keeps up this form he'll be gone in the summer. His contract ends in 2022, so Rangers will probably have to sell in the summer. He could easily double his wage and is wanted by 5/6 top 10/12 sides English sides.

Would Rangers dare to sell Tavernier in the January window if the right offer comes in ( i.e too good to turn down)? 

If that happened and Celtic won the league then think the Ibrox board would be on a one way trip to God knows where.

Best case Scotland scenario is that Tavernier goes in January and Gerrard thinks Patterson is ready to step on on a regular basis. No evidence yet that Gerrard thinks that way about youngsters.

2 hours ago, Burj_Alba said:

Would Rangers dare to sell Tavernier in the January window if the right offer comes in ( i.e too good to turn down)? 

If that happened and Celtic won the league then think the Ibrox board would be on a one way trip to God knows where.

Best case Scotland scenario is that Tavernier goes in January and Gerrard thinks Patterson is ready to step on on a regular basis. No evidence yet that Gerrard thinks that way about youngsters.

He's 29 with 18 months left on his contract if someone came in with 18/20 million he'd be off.

Realistically no one is going to offer that kind of money. You'd maybe get 8-10 million pound bids. It's not worth letting him go for that mid season, when you could probably get 6-9 million in the summer anyway. 

Basically it would take a ridiculous bid and no one is paying that, for a 29 year old.

I really like the look of Patterson. He is reminiscent of Alan Hutton. I think he will be first choice next season.

3 hours ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

He's 29 with 18 months left on his contract if someone came in with 18/20 million he'd be off.

Realistically no one is going to offer that kind of money. You'd maybe get 8-10 million pound bids. It's not worth letting him go for that mid season, when you could probably get 6-9 million in the summer anyway. 

Basically it would take a ridiculous bid and no one is paying that, for a 29 year old.

I really like the look of Patterson. He is reminiscent of Alan Hutton. I think he will be first choice next season.

I honestly think you are kidding yourself.

Rangers look odds-on now to win the SPL title. Tavernier is a key player in that side and next season they'll be having a tilt at the Champions League and Tavernier will be on board for that without a doubt. That, therefore, is another 18 months or so of Patterson kicking his heels feeding off the odd appearance here and there when he could be elsewhere playing week in and week out - the best and only way to develop as a player.

Don't misread my comments. I rate Patterson a lot and I am thinking as a Scotland fan. I'd sooner see him playing regular first team football rather than bench warming for 10% of his career.

5 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

I honestly think you are kidding yourself.

Rangers look odds-on now to win the SPL title. Tavernier is a key player in that side and next season they'll be having a tilt at the Champions League and Tavernier will be on board for that without a doubt. That, therefore, is another 18 months or so of Patterson kicking his heels feeding off the odd appearance here and there when he could be elsewhere playing week in and week out - the best and only way to develop as a player.

Don't misread my comments. I rate Patterson a lot and I am thinking as a Scotland fan. I'd sooner see him playing regular first team football rather than bench warming for 10% of his career.

I thought you’d have sobered up by now. If he’s in the bench when he’s 21 fair enough. He was 18 six weeks ago. Rangers have 6 games a fortnight for the dirsreabke future. Patterson can expect one game per fortnight and the best training of his entire career. He’s up against Kent don’t forget. 

Pretty sure Patterson is the only rangers right back apart from tavernier. If that's the case then rangers won't be loaning him out. Hopefully we see this kid play games as tavernier will need rested what with all the competitions rangers are in. Is Patterson any good? not seen much of him. Not sure it's a good idea pinning our hopes of him being a top class right back until he starts playing and performing well for rangers. 

10 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Pretty sure Patterson is the only rangers right back apart from tavernier. If that's the case then rangers won't be loaning him out. Hopefully we see this kid play games as tavernier will need rested what with all the competitions rangers are in. Is Patterson any good? not seen much of him. Not sure it's a good idea pinning our hopes of him being a top class right back until he starts playing and performing well for rangers. 

He’s potentially very good. He still has a bit of physical developing to do but he’s tall, lighting quick, with a good first touch. He stood out at youth level. That Rangers haven’t bought a back up for Tavernier tells its own story. He’ll get a lot more games between now and the end of the season, especially if the league is won early, but also if not. 

1 hour ago, er yir macaroon said:

I thought you’d have sobered up by now. If he’s in the bench when he’s 21 fair enough. He was 18 six weeks ago. Rangers have 6 games a fortnight for the dirsreabke future. Patterson can expect one game per fortnight and the best training of his entire career. He’s up against Kent don’t forget. 

This is the problem though with our youngsters. Late development. Other countries have teenagers in regular first team football and that is what Patterson needs not when he is 21. Gilmour is proving that at Chelsea and would be ideal for Patterson.

13 hours ago, Burj_Alba said:

Bench on Sunday. Broonie to come back in. Lennon need his "A team" 

Lennon needs a swift kick in the plums if both Turnbull and Soro do not start. Celtic is a different club all together with Turnbull on the park. He is not ready to step up, he HAS stepped up..

1 hour ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Lennon needs a swift kick in the plums if both Turnbull and Soro do not start. Celtic is a different club all together with Turnbull on the park. He is not ready to step up, he HAS stepped up..

If I was a Cellic fan, and thank God that I'm not, the question I'd be asking is 'what has lennon been thinking about leaving this guy out?'

4 hours ago, er yir macaroon said:

dirsreabke has to be up there with the best auto correct fails 😄 Or is it just your mutant fingers?😆

Edited by todd

On 12/11/2020 at 5:01 PM, Big Ramy 1314 said:

This is the first challenge to Celtic’s dominance Lennon has faced in his Celtic managerial career & he is making a gigantic arse up of it 

57 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Kevin Nisbet getting rave reviews last night on sportscene.

Highlighting his link up play as he was playing 10 - he could work well with Dykes or Griffiths for us. 

He surely has to be ahead of Shankland now, who hasn't handled the step up as well.

Nisbet should've been called up for the November games tbh. 

1 hour ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

He surely has to be ahead of Shankland now, who hasn't handled the step up as well.

Nisbet should've been called up for the November games tbh. 

I think that’s pretty fair. If he keeps up his form Nisbet will be a target for other clubs in summer as Dykes was.

Would be good to see Shankland spark into form though so hopefully he goes on a run in the new year .