Scottish players in action 20/21 - Page 15 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 20/21

romanticscot

3 minutes ago, loanhead-tartan said:

Nisbet playing as the lone striker today and was superb , might have missed his penalty but followed that up with a quality finish 

He needs to be integrated into the squad. A player performing for hibs is better than player not performing for Sheffield United. 

43 minutes ago, loanhead-tartan said:

Nisbet playing as the lone striker today and was superb , might have missed his penalty but followed that up with a quality finish 

We've got plenty good penalty takers. Nae need to worry about that.

Which makes me wonder that, now we are world leaders at taking penalties, what happens if we get one from open play? Will there be a big ramy on the park with players arguing about who gets to take it? I hope Clarke has sorted that out. I think I would go with McLean if he is on the park. He seemed to be the coolest of the lot.

37 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Which makes me wonder that, now we are world leaders at taking penalties, what happens if we get one from open play? Will there be a big ramy on the park with players arguing about who gets to take it? I hope Clarke has sorted that out. I think I would go with McLean if he is on the park. He seemed to be the coolest of the lot.

If Big Ramy’s on the park we’re done for.

14 hours ago, Orraloon said:

He did seem cool agreed, but if the keeper goes the right way for both his penalties I think he saves them. Good height for a keeper and not into the side netting. 

Christie will be on them if he’s on the pitch anyway 👍🏼

3 hours ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

Hickey starting against Sampdoria. The game is free on the live score app.

Bologna won 2-1 and Hickey played whole game. Got a yellow. But big result for his team.

Mixed feelings about that Sampdoria stadium for Scotland. Beat Sweden but lost to Costa Rica in 1990.

5 hours ago, Taylor1996 said:

McBurnie and Fleck starting for Sheffield United. Burke on the bench.

Here's one for you ,what formation were Swansea and Barnsley playing when McBurnie appeared to be worth £20 million?

Sheffield United fans want rid of him nearly as much as mccaughey85 does.  I think a lot of them want rid of their three at the back formation too.

He's probably better of back in the championship were he can score 20 goals a season against QPR and the likes.

1 hour ago, mccaughey85 said:

Mcburnie, Burke and fleck are on a sinking ship at sheff utd. Can't see many epl clubs buying them when they go down either. 

Fleck will get snapped up no problem.

McBurnie has it in the tank to not score before Christmas and to have a 40 games to 4 or 5 goals season between club and international. 

33 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Here's one for you ,what formation were Swansea and Barnsley playing when McBurnie appeared to be worth £20 million?

Sheffield United fans want rid of him nearly as much as mccaughey85 does.  I think a lot of them want rid of their three at the back formation too.

He's probably better of back in the championship were he can score 20 goals a season against QPR and the likes.

Can't remember

Let's get this straight, though, a commodity is only worth what someone is willing to pay for them. If Sheffield United thought that he was worth spending £20m on him, after scoring 31 goals on two seasons in the Championship, that their prerogative.

He's a difficult player to work out. I don't think he's technically good enough for the EPL, at least not yet.

The injury to Jack O'Connell has really crippled Sheffield United. 

It's harsh for them to want to ditch three at the back. Their previous 7 defeats, 6 of them have been by a single goal. Which is extraordinary.

23 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Fleck will get snapped up no problem.

McBurnie has it in the tank to not score before Christmas and to have a 40 games to 4 or 5 goals season between club and international. 

Fleck might get snapped up but mcburnie and burke won't get bought by epl clubs. Mcburnie will settle at championship level for most of his career. 

Not sure how long fleck has on his contract but sheff United might not want to sell him unless its big money.