Scottish players in action 20/21 - Page 14 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 20/21

romanticscot

7 minutes ago, Collins11 said:

Looks like he's coming of age.

Hope so. This season at Farense is a very good chance for him to prove himself. Has done just about all he can all last season and has carried his form over this season. 

Who knows why it didn't work out for him in the years previous but we do know some players start to 'get it' as their career progresses. 

6 minutes ago, Super_Scotlandfan said:

Hope so. This season at Farense is a very good chance for him to prove himself. Has done just about all he can all last season and has carried his form over this season. 

Who knows why it didn't work out for him in the years previous but we do know some players start to 'get it' as their career progresses. 

Yeah. There's been a few late bloomers like Hendry and Hitchinson. Hopefully Gauld is the latest.

4 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

McBurnie played the last half hour. 

Thank you. :)

7 hours ago, tartanrover said:

Gould scored and got an assist in a 3-1 win. 
In terms of centre halves Bates and Hendry both played today in Belgium. At least we have good options in the squad and now out with too. 

That's him contributed 5 goal (3 assists and 2 goals) in 7 matches in the Portuguese top flight.

Just been reading what Nott'm Forest fans online think of Scott McKenna.

They love him !

Despite a lot of initial scepticism over signing a player from "the pub league" :rolleyes: , McKenna has already become a big fan favourite with many being greatly impressed with what they've seen so far from him. 

Not a fashionable opinion but I firmly believe that "the pub league" does have a few handy players on offer.

Edited by ErsatzThistle

43 minutes ago, Marky said:

Talk about a blast from the past. Watching Bolton v Salford and Matt Gilks is in goal for Bolton.

I forgot all about him. 

I remember when Levein first called Gilks up he (Levein) was really excited and so pleased with himself at a press conference because he'd found ........ a new third choice goalkeeper. What a weird bloke Levein was.

I see MacGillivray at Portsmouth is having another clean sheet. If McLaughlin does not get game time then can see him challenging for the third goalie spot. On the same note no McCrorie for Livi and Doohan playing for county.  Ryan Fulton allegedly having a decent game for Accies at Tannadice.

4 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Was an excellent finish as well. Lennon must be getting sacked after this game. 

He’s a great shout for a call up to see if he can make the step up.

Yeah it doesn’t look good for Lennon. It’s been weird ever since he said he had to get rid of people who didn’t want to be there - then everyone stayed, very strange. 

1 minute ago, Burj_Alba said:

I see MacGillivray at Portsmouth is having another clean sheet. If McLaughlin does not get game time then can see him challenging for the third goalie spot. On the same note no McCrorie for Livi and Doohan playing for county.  Ryan Fulton allegedly having a decent game for Accies at Tannadice.

McCrorie is out because of COVID

McKenna having a flawless match for Nottingham Forest. Dominant in the air and on the deck. I say include him in the first XI and move McTominay into midfield.

As for Celtic. If I were a conspiracy theorists, i'd think that the powers that be withing Celtic don't want 10 in a row, as it would upset their "foes".

17 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

McKenna having a flawless match for Nottingham Forest. Dominant in the air and on the deck. I say include him in the first XI and move McTominay into midfield.

As for Celtic. If I were a conspiracy theorists, i'd think that the powers that be withing Celtic don't want 10 in a row, as it would upset their "foes".

Team lost 2-0 away at Barnsley, two late goals