Scottish players in action 20/21 - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 20/21

romanticscot

1 hour ago, bazmidd said:

The thing is, the injuries he's had aren't actually career threating injuries. They are bad injuries and snapping your Achilles means you'll be out for a long time, but he should fully recover from it. It's just ridiculously bad luck to snap both in a short space of time! I hope he does recover and starts to move up the levels because before snapping his first Achilles he had just started playing for Scotland and was certain to push on at club level 

Hopefully he makes a full recovery. He did think that his career was over when it snapped the most recent time. 

Will it be detrimental long term, though? There are injuries that make your body vulnerable.

1 hour ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Whoscored.com  love him, 2 MoM appearances  and the highest rated player in the championship by far and that on a site biased towards goal scorers. Only 4 games mind you.

I watched the Stoke match last night.

Initially I thought that losing Souttar to Australia wasn't a big deal... But now... I think it's a big deal. He looks impressive. He'll be in the EPL sooner rather than later.

It's a shame, Harry Souttar, McKenna and Tierney would've been quite the trio.

6 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

I'll let that slide as no doubt what with you being the poster most adamant that Steve Clarke must be sacked, you must be really upset about the recent results :lol:

I'm as delighted about the recent results as any Scotland fan, the performances are also improving...

...you on the other hand have previous for the slanderous patter displayed on this thread.

1 hour ago, Third Lanark said:

His composure in tight situations is frightening. And he doesn't need to make crunching tackles.

Yep now one of the first names on the team sheet. He’s been brilliant for a few years now and been getting stick for years now also (and probs from gers fans when he was at Aberdeen). Love it, keep it going lad 

6 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

His composure in tight situations is frightening. And he doesn't need to make crunching tackles.

I thought in the Czech game that there were three or four occasions when Jack found himself in defensive places where only he knew how to get there. Great player in that positions and that is where we should use him going forward.

On 10/22/2020 at 2:56 PM, Taylor1996 said:

Hopefully he makes a full recovery. He did think that his career was over when it snapped the most recent time. 

Will it be detrimental long term, though? There are injuries that make your body vulnerable.

I watched the Stoke match last night.

Initially I thought that losing Souttar to Australia wasn't a big deal... But now... I think it's a big deal. He looks impressive. He'll be in the EPL sooner rather than later.

It's a shame, Harry Souttar, McKenna and Tierney would've been quite the trio.

Harry Souttar could not be bothered working hard to improve his game and get a cap alongside his brother for the country of his birth. Bringing guys in whose attitude is not right has a negative effect on the morale of the whole squad. Lou Macari once said of the 1974 World Cup squad that he always knew someone would let them down. I don't care where a player was born - Goram, Rioch, Hutchison etc have been great players for Scotland - but I do want see a genuine desire to play for Scotland.

4 hours ago, Arbroath1320 said:

Harry Souttar could not be bothered working hard to improve his game and get a cap alongside his brother for the country of his birth. Bringing guys in whose attitude is not right has a negative effect on the morale of the whole squad. Lou Macari once said of the 1974 World Cup squad that he always knew someone would let them down. I don't care where a player was born - Goram, Rioch, Hutchison etc have been great players for Scotland - but I do want see a genuine desire to play for Scotland.

Can't argue with that.