Scottish players in action 20/21 - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 20/21

romanticscot

13 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

There's a number of candidates to take his, and Fleck's, places in the squad though.

McCrorie, Ferguson, Campbell, Turnbull and (when he's fit again) Gilmour are all there to consider.

All better players or prospects than Mclean at this stage in his career. but apart from McCrorie can any of the others play as a deep sitting midfielder.

2 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

Gilmour, yes, if he gets in the Chelsea team.  The rest are playing at a lower level.  Turnbulls not even in the Celtic team yet.

I think Ferguson and mcrorie will be pushing for squad places regardless of injuries. Mccrorie can play CB as well so is quite valuable to Clarke. 

4 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

(It's not written in stone that a RCB has be right footed.)

It's good that Ferguson is doing well. The more midfielder we have playing well, the better.

A really good display by McTominay. Breaking up attacks, passing, tackling and he almost scored. 

Man U midfield protected their defence all night. Could make them selves very hard to beat.

Give me a list of good left footed right sided centre backs, should keep you amused for a bit.

1 minute ago, mccaughey85 said:

I think Ferguson and mcrorie will be pushing for squad places regardless of injuries. Mccrorie can play CB as well so is quite valuable to Clarke. 

yeah, I have been impressed by both this year.  If Ferguson turns out as good as his dad and his uncle then great.

3 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

Gilmour, yes, if he gets in the Chelsea team.  The rest are playing at a lower level.  Turnbulls not even in the Celtic team yet.

Declan Gallagher and Andy Considine play at what you call the "lower level" and did a fantastic job under heavy pressure recently.

Point blown out of the water.

Try again.

2 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

All better players or prospects than Mclean at this stage in his career. but apart from McCrorie can any of the others play as a deep sitting midfielder.

Clarke could also simply move McTominay back to midfield with Considine, Gallagher, Cooper, Tierney and Hanlon to consider now in defence.

Just now, ErsatzThistle said:

Declan Gallagher and Andy Considine play at what you call the "lower level" and did a fantastic job under heavy pressure recently.

Point blown out of the water.

Try again.

Clarke could also simply move McTominay back to midfield with Considine, Gallagher, Cooper, Tierney and Hanlon to consider now in defence.

it doesn’t blow my point out the water at all.  TheY are very average players that did a job for us when we really needed them.  Over a number of games you would expect tierney/Cooper to play at a higher level of ability.   If you don’t think that’s correct, why are arsenal/Leeds not desperate to part with 20m to prize them away from the spl.

1 minute ago, Malcolm said:

it doesn’t blow my point out the water at all.  TheY are very average players that did a job for us when we really needed them.  Over a number of games you would expect tierney/Cooper to play at a higher level of ability.   If you don’t think that’s correct, why are arsenal/Leeds not desperate to part with 20m to prize them away from the spl.

Considine and Gallagher will be in and around the squad for at least another eighteen months and deservedly so. If they keep playing well for Scotland they should not be dropped.

Some players from the "lower level" show a greater determination on the pitch and know that this is the highest level they will ever play at and so play their hearts out. 

The EPL argument is pointless, childish stuff. Why doesn't Callum McGregor play for Man City ? Why doesn't Ryan Jack play for Juventus ? Why doesn't Ryan Christie play for PSG ? We could go round in circles like that for bloody ages.

10 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Man U midfield protected their defence all night. Could make them selves very hard to beat.

Give me a list of good left footed right sided centre backs, should keep you amused for a bit.

As I've said many times, there are several problems between United and Scotland. Biggest is being awful in defense.

A lot of people want Tierney at right wing back, so should the preferred footednedness of a center back really be an issue? No.

1 minute ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Considine and Gallagher will be in and around the squad for at least another eighteen months and deservedly so. If they keep playing well for Scotland they should not be dropped.

Some players from the "lower level" show a greater determination on the pitch and know that this is the highest level they will ever play at and so play their hearts out. 

The EPL argument is pointless, childish stuff. Why doesn't Callum McGregor play for Man City ? Why doesn't Ryan Jack play for Juventus ? Why doesn't Ryan Christie play for PSG ? We could go round in circles like that for bloody ages.

it’s simple why they don’t. They are not good enough.  I have no issue with the guys retaining the jersey if they are consistently performing.

11 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

It still doesn't allow for any more attack minded midfielders. That's the thing about the formation you need two defensive midfielders and unless you have two brilliant wing backs you are never going to create much.

Basically all we can hope for is goalless draws and one nil wins.  At the moment we will take that.

7 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

As I've said many times, there are several problems between United and Scotland. Biggest is being awful in defense.

A lot of people want Tierney at right wing back, so should the preferred footednedness of a center back really be an issue? No.

I've never suggested Tierney on the right but feel free to give me a list of good left footed right wingbacks.

28 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Gilmour sits deep too. Won’t be long till he’s back and hopefully straight into the full squad. 

7 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

it’s simple why they don’t. They are not good enough.  I have no issue with the guys retaining the jersey if they are consistently performing.

Then WTF are you so upset about Considine and Gallagher being in the team then ? They deserve to be there and did themselves and the country proud.

Just for the record, this has absolutely nothing to do with Considine being captain of Aberdeen whom your own club have a heated rivalry with and Gallagher having an Irish sounding name does it ? I rather suspect it does which is sad.

2 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Just for the record, this has absolutely nothing to do with Considine being captain of Aberdeen whom your own club have a heated rivalry with and Gallagher having an Irish sounding name does it ? I rather suspect it does which is sad.

Fantastic typical Scottish football domestic fan response.

Can't win an argument? Great. Bring up bigotry! Yay!

Keep that nonsense off this board.

(I'm shocked that people have never did it against me. But I suppose I make it crystal clear of my opinions on the Old Firm: "Ship them to either part Ireland and never the twain shall meet")

Now this intrigues me greatly ....

"Fantastic typical Scottish football domestic fan response"

Chripper, could we have some more examples of what you consider to be a "typical Scottish football domestic fan response" and what exactly you have against the "typical Scottish football domestic fan" ?

2 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

Yeah

This thread has been derailed enough. Take it to the Rangers thread, which is the most popular here. 

Not a surprise.

Scott McKenna had another 90 mins under his belt. So did Greg Docherty.

You didn't explain what a "typical Scottish football domestic fan response" was.

Just now, ErsatzThistle said:

Nope. You seemed to have misplaced your lecture notes there professor. I'd genuinely like to know what a typical Scottish football domestic fan response

You don't attend my classes the rest of the year, you have no right to expect to pass the end of year exam.

Never seen Man Utd, but good to hear about McTominay. I really like him and hope it works out for him career wise there. Also, going by interviews, you can tell he loves playing for us and he choose us over England - who really wanted him - something I really respect about the lad.

9 minutes ago, weekevie04 said:

Never seen Man Utd, but good to hear about McTominay. I really like him and hope it works out for him career wise there. Also, going by interviews, you can tell he loves playing for us and he choose us over England - who really wanted him - something I really respect about the lad.

At club level he does fine when he has Fred playing alongside him. It's good to see that some Man Utd fans at least do appreciate what he does for their club. A few even call him "Fletch Mk. II".

And just like Darren Fletcher before him, McTominay does a simple but highly effective job for Man Utd and gets grief off the glory hunters from the Home Counties who are always wanting some mega money signing instead.

For some reason I remember reading on the long gone BBC 606 boards about 2006 or 2007 some wank fuck posting that "Darren Fletcher should be sold and on the bench at Aberdeen where he belongs." 

7 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Then WTF are you so upset about Considine and Gallagher being in the team then ? They deserve to be there and did themselves and the country proud.

😂😂😂.  I didn’t know that my own club had a heated rivalry with Aberdeen?  Certainly no more so than many other clubs  in Scotland.  You see you are wrong again- I don’t support the club you think.  I’m not upset about them being in the team, I just don’t think they will be there long term as they are average players and we have better in their positions. My original point, if you remember, was that the midfielders you trotted out are mostly playing in a diddy league and in the case of Aberdeen and Motherwell dont even the have european football having been put out by mediocre european teams.

maybe get down off your high horse, stop being so defensive and listen.

9 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

😂😂😂.  I didn’t know that my own club had a heated rivalry with Aberdeen?  Certainly no more so than many other clubs  in Scotland.  You see you are wrong again- I don’t support the club you think.  I’m not upset about them being in the team, I just don’t think they will be there long term as they are average players and we have better in their positions. My original point, if you remember, was that the midfielders you trotted out are mostly playing in a diddy league and in the case of Aberdeen and Motherwell dont even the have european football having been put out by mediocre european teams.

maybe get down off your high horse, stop being so defensive and listen.

I wouldnt say sporting lisbon are a mediocre team but each to their own.