Team in 2024 - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Team in 2024

er yir macaroon

2 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Or conversely, maybe we could just admit that sometimes our players aren't good enough and we can't blame anyone for that but ourselves rather than blaming foreign players ?

I don’t think we need to be too down about this. We can at least be pleased that we have players at that stage of development who are good enough for big clubs to look at. Some will stay on the trajectory and others will drop off, the same as the foreign ones.

3 hours ago, er yir macaroon said:

I don’t think we need to be too down about this. We can at least be pleased that we have players at that stage of development who are good enough for big clubs to look at. Some will stay on the trajectory and others will drop off, the same as the foreign ones.

I watched this lad (on DUTV) play in Pre season friendly against Sheffield United a few weeks ago. Playing against the likes of Billy Sharp and Robinson who has since moved to West Brom. He was only 15 but didn’t look out of place. He does look like a player and this link is quite interesting https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-united/1681015/dundee-united-academy-manchester-united-andy-goldie/