Scotland vs Czech Republic - Match Thread [14/10/2020] - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland vs Czech Republic - Match Thread [14/10/2020]

Clyde1998

2 minutes ago, exile said:

That'll do!

Only 31% possession & 1 shot on target but...

A win's a win and three in a now feels good!

Longest unbeaten run since 1988, apparently.

Willie Miller: “It really seems like the players believe in this system” 😉

Stats can be a bit misleading as we were holding onto a lead for most of the game.

They had 5 or 6 really good chances, including a couple of uinbelievable misses. So we rode our luck, but another clean sheet will continue to build confidence. 

We had our own chances too, and that's a crucial development. 

Best players for me were McGinn, Fraser, Considine and Marshall.

Got to be delighted with a win considering the way we were pummelled. That was a near full strength Czech side who qualified for the Euros through the groups. We stuck to our guns when under the cosh and big well done to Gallagher and Considine flung in at the deep end in crunch games despite fans not wanting them in the yeam and the excelled.

Only downside was Dykes booking ruling him out of Slovakia match bit exciting partnership brewing between Dykes and Fraser.

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Three fuckin wins in a row. 

Into the final of the play off

Top of our nations league group

Best run of games sinve 88

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🙌🙌🙌🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Nah, too UnScottish. Clarke has to go 😎😎😎😎

The result was the key thing tonight. And our defence held out and that was with Gallagher, Considine, Taylor and O'Donnell in there. That is a massive plus for me. It means going forwatd we have options there now with Cooper, Gallagher, Considine, McKenna and McTominay all options we can call on now. Also up front Dykes and Fraser looks like a promising partnership. Much to be hopeful about just now.

6 minutes ago, King Of Paisley said:

Much as McGinn was excellent, for me, Considine was my MOM. Simply because he was a late call up, thrown in and was absolutely solid tonight. His reading of danger and positional sense was first class. Reminds me of Gordon Greer in the Strachan era. 

Considine played very, very well in both his games.

He's proved a lot of people wrong (myself included).

Maybe Manchester Utd should sign Gallagher and Considine and try out that Scotland back three for themselves. :wink2:

People need to remember that is almost a 2nd string X1 out there tonight and a patched up job for the last 3.

But what a bloody performance.  Jack and McGinn work so well together; such reassurance.

Dykes and Fraser, it just works.  Dykes has really impressed me but needs to cut out the petulance, his stamp was a red.  

Big Considine mate the step up and performed well and Gallacher was a man mountain.  If everyone is fit for the next 3 games Clarke has some headache for his squad and X1

7 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Considine played very, very well in both his games.

He's proved a lot of people wrong (myself included).

Maybe Manchester Utd should sign Gallagher and Considine and try out that Scotland back three for themselves. :wink2:

Considine must be pissing himself laughing at the sight of the worlds best defender looking like a giraffe on roller skates

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Three fuckin wins in a row. 

Into the final of the play off

Top of our nations league group

Best run of games sinve 88

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🙌🙌🙌🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Hate to do it but the Israel game technically counts as a draw. 

I’ll get ma coat......

Funny old game indeed. 

Decent first half, horrendous second (to watch as a fan) and whilst we had our fair share of luck with their misses ; I thought Gallagher and big Andy were superb. A huge appreciation for Considine, he was terrific in both games and at 33, what a story it is. Gallagher hasn't had a bad game in a Scotland shirt , IMO.

McGinn is such a huge asset to us. He really was terrific again tonight. His passion and tenacity is outstanding and admirable. 

Fraser and Dykes is an interesting and potential great partnership. I thought McBurnie did ok when he came on too.

Cannae complain, and we were very fortunate to win that tonight but what a fantastic hatrick of games for us and those 3 clean sheets are huge. There certainly seems to be a determination and grit to this squad, and let's hope everyone is fit for November. 

Serbia is going to be very difficult. They're a good side, well need another huge performance to get anything from that game. 

Well done, now back to domestic football for few weeks before a huge hatrick of games in November.

Edited by weekevie04

6 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Have Scotland had a better week in international football? Three matches in that time seeing us seal a play-off spot on pens followed by back-to-back wins with a patched up side helping to cement our place at the top of the group with three clean sheets. 

Certainly not for a long time. 

Andy Considine called up - "aw naw not him, he plays fir Aberdeen FFS, we've nae chance with him"

Paul Hanlon called up - "aw naw not him, he plays fir Hibernian FFS, we've nae chance with him"

Declan Gallagher called up - "aw naw not him, he plays fir Motherwell FFS, we've nae chance with him"

It's been refreshing to see some Scottish Premiership players playing key roles in securing crucial three points and clean sheets for our national team.