Scotland vs Czech Republic - Match Thread [14/10/2020] - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland vs Czech Republic - Match Thread [14/10/2020]

Clyde1998

Scoring early with Fraser up front on the counter is good. He is quicker than I thought. Hope he got a good feeling from scoring for Scotland and is hungry for more!

So far, so good. Have ridden our luck a wee bit in patches, but so have Czechs. Across the fixtures, Gallagher and Considine have impressed me so far in that they have risen to the occasion. Dykes has a great attitude. 
We do need to cut out some of the niggles (the ones which would result in blatant cards when VAR  is used in Serbia).

Would take 1-0 at half time!

Always liked Ryan fraser.......

Good goal, shame he skied the next one. Has looked sharper tonight.

Dykes is great at winning the ball in the air.

Need to be a bit tighter with them on the counter though

A few things need tweaking as they are getting too many balls into our box for my liking.

Positives are the early goal - obviously - and that you can see the team are growing in confidence in their movement and passing. Fraser looks like he is revelling in that free role off Dykes.

O'Donnell's playing well too - a statement which will probably get me banned.

1 minute ago, TDYER63 said:

Commentators total pish yet again. 

Agree. Can you think of another football “product” on sky where the commentator runs it down so often? The EPL/ EFL would be all over Sky if their commentator forgot his cheerleading duties, but I guess the SFA pussies only had one bidder for the rights because they can’t market shit. Am not saying I want a distorted version of the truth, but that’s what we’re getting, albeit in a negative way, rather than positive. Just call the game, you prick.

3 minutes ago, stirlish said:

I think o donnell is getting caught out of position too often, he is doing good at the high press but is caught with the fast breakaway. 

Had a hand (sorry foot) in the goal again though. It all depends on what he has been asked to to. Clarke obviously likes him.

I have been heavily critical of scotland only beating teams below our level , but this is the proper Czech team and winning this would hugely significant in the could we get a World Cup play off count back.

i wasn’t sure about going up next time to a section as worried we would take a few hidings .

but as long as I am reading it correct , Iceland have a fair chance of getting a spot even if they get nothing in their group just because their in a

so maybe there are benefits of being promoted again 

Dykes has been an excellent addition to the squad. A target man who can actually control the ball, knock it on, lose his marker and shows good anticipation. Mind when we used to have Kevin Kyle and Stevie Thompson trying to do that job ? (shudder)

Hands up, this time last year I was posting that Dykes would pick Australia. :lol: