Cancel fixtures... - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Cancel fixtures...

Big Ramy 1314

Do you think there is any chance the SFA would cancel the Scottish fixtures the weekend before we play Serbia? I think with covid, and any chance of injuries, and the magnitude of this winner take all match, they should certainly consider it. Keeping our players isolated is an absolute must with players testing positive somewhere nearly every day now.. I dont think any club in Scotland would be against this.. Thoughts..

14 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

All clubs in Scotland are only interested in themselves, so unless there is a clear benefit or hard cash I don’t see it happening. I do see Celtic players withdrawing with unspecified knocks. 

Based on what?

How often do Taylor, Forrest, Christie or McGregor pull out? Very rarely in the past.  

Pardon my ignorance, as I truly have no idea how this works. Does the SFA not have the power to call the matches off? Does it go to a vote between the clubs? I think that if clubs are putting financial benefits before a match of this magnitude, its a fuckin disgrace. I am a Celtic man, but I would never put club before country.. I have 2 sons, one 17, and one 12. They have never seen Scotland play in a major tournament. This is unacceptable. We have a chance to qualify for our first tournament in 22 year, everyone should do whatever it takes to help our boys.. Scotland Forever..🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

To be fair, the league matches were moved to the Friday ahead of the Israel match.  The Celtic and Rangers matches were moved back to Sunday because of their involvement in the Europa League and the fixtures they played on the Thursday.

I can see something being agreed again to help Steve Clarke and the team out.  

Keep calm and carry on.  As long as the players have been tested and ok then get the games on.  Anyway Ramy I have bet 3 each this weekend on the OF game.  3 for for Morelos and 3 for Roofe.  Scotty wont be watching it as he doesn't believe Rangers exist.  Only Santa and the tooth fairy.  Stand on Scotty, where are you?  👍

21 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Keep calm and carry on.  As long as the players have been tested and ok then get the games on.  Anyway Ramy I have bet 3 each this weekend on the OF game.  3 for for Morelos and 3 for Roofe.  Scotty wont be watching it as he doesn't believe Rangers exist.  Only Santa and the tooth fairy.  Stand on Scotty, where are you?  👍

Please stick to the topic. Its about Scotland.. There is no old firm BTW..  

1 minute ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Please stick to the topic. Its about Scotland.. There is no old firm BTW..  

Oh and you wont be watching the game then.  Just a walk around Wal-Mart ?  You will have the full Cellic strip (including boots likely) on 5 hours before the game and slavering at the mouth bhoyo!!  No sleep for you the night before.  And no wonder after the last OF game which you weren't bothered aboot!! 👜

11 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Oh and you wont be watching the game then.  Just a walk around Wal-Mart ?  You will have the full Cellic strip (including boots likely) on 5 hours before the game and slavering at the mouth bhoyo!!  No sleep for you the night before.  And no wonder after the last OF game which you weren't bothered aboot!! 👜

RH, no disrespect, but can you please stick to the topic above. You can post about the Celtic v rangers on myCeltic thread or season 20-21, or start your own thread.. Cheers big man..

1 hour ago, PASTA Mick said:

Based on what?

How often do Taylor, Forrest, Christie or McGregor pull out? Very rarely in the past.  

Not the players, but the Celtic management won’t want too many minutes in their player’s legs before an Old Firm game given the ones they’ve lost already. 

Edit. I see I’m confused. Even for Serbia I think Lawell will still be furious about the very existence of international football. 

Edited by er yir macaroon

3 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

RH, no disrespect, but can you please stick to the topic above. You can post about the Celtic v rangers on myCeltic thread or season 20-21, or start your own thread.. Cheers big man..

Aye sorry mate.  Do kinda agree with you about the importance of the Serbia game right enough.

19 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

Not going to happen.  Surely it’s up to the spfl rather than the sfa?  And we know what a bunch of self interested muppets they are.

I can't fuckin believe this. Its disgraceful. Are we not all Scottish? Do we not want our Country to qualify? Why??? Its disgraceful.. If that's the case, they can all take a flying fuck to themselves.. Scotland Forever.🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

3 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

I can't fuckin believe this. Its disgraceful. Are we not all Scottish? Do we not want our Country to qualify? Why??? Its disgraceful.. If that's the case, they can all take a flying fuck to themselves.. Scotland Forever.🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

ha ha we saw over the summer how interested the spfl were in the bigger picture. Dungcaster desperate to call the season to save his beloved sky deal.  All he cares about is completing the spl season. Make no mistake.  Oh, and he’s English... couldn’t give a flying feck about the scotland National team.

• 4 weeks later...