Serbia - Are You Going? - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Serbia - Are You Going?

kingsteveofscotland

The Scottish and UK Governments are advising against all but essential travel to Serbia (this is not something they are doing to annoy people, its to limit the risk of spreading the disease) and it will be 14 days quarantine upon arrival back home (and that is even if you get into Serbia, as it goes both ways in these cases).

I am speaking with the UK embassy over in Belgrade just now with regards to the Sunshine Appeal donation (which will be a virtual zoom/skype presentation, and gave zero thought to traveling just now) and they will be issuing guidance this week (cases are on the rise in Serbia, especially in Belgrade).

Re: Tickets, UEFA have banned away fans and limited games to 30%, and listening to stories about Northern Ireland fans in Bosnia, very few tickets reached the street, as the Bosnian fa ended up giving most to VIP's, Sponsors and freinds/family/contacts of directors, players and coaching staff etc.... with a couple of NI fans paying over 200 Euros for a ticket.

21 minutes ago, wanderer said:

The Scottish and UK Governments are advising against all but essential travel to Serbia (this is not something they are doing to annoy people, its to limit the risk of spreading the disease) and it will be 14 days quarantine upon arrival back home (and that is even if you get into Serbia, as it goes both ways in these cases).

I am speaking with the UK embassy over in Belgrade just now with regards to the Sunshine Appeal donation (which will be a virtual zoom/skype presentation, and gave zero thought to traveling just now) and they will be issuing guidance this week (cases are on the rise in Serbia, especially in Belgrade).

Re: Tickets, UEFA have banned away fans and limited games to 30%, and listening to stories about Northern Ireland fans in Bosnia, very few tickets reached the street, as the Bosnian fa ended up giving most to VIP's, Sponsors and freinds/family/contacts of directors, players and coaching staff etc.... with a couple of NI fans paying over 200 Euros for a ticket.

The quarantine back home isn't an issue for me fortunately as I can work from home and I certainly won't be booking anything until at least the end of the month with guidance changing constantly.

Good to hear about how the Northern Ireland fans got on in Bosnia. 

• 2 weeks later...

While fans are not going to be there, Tartan Army will still be there in spirit with the Tartan Army Sunshine Appeals 78th donation.

Serbia, November 2020 (Donation 78)

(Better late than never, since the Play Off Final was originally scheduled for March 2020)

We'd like to introduce you to Evo Ruka from Zemun Polje in Belgrade.

They have been involved in a wide range of activities over the last 10 years, delivering projects that help children and young people with disabilities and rare diseases, to overcome everyday problems and design and implement sustainable solutions in the field of social inclusion and community life for this population.

For some insight into what the donation will be supporting, there's a detailed look at what they do in the picture below.

Their website is under construction (currently not in English but Google Translate etc, will do the job)

www.evoruka.org

We feel they are a worthy recipient, and we hope you feel the same way too.

https://www.tasunshineappeal.scot/past-projects/2020-2/donation-78-serbia-nov-2020/

Edited by wanderer

On 10/23/2020 at 12:02 PM, Jim Beem said:

This is  dream game for your self styled hard core tartan army foot soldier on manoeuvres. Local and national papers and fingers crossed, even a mention on TV as well. 

Oh aye is it. 

The exact fannies you spend away games trying to avoid like the plague. 

On 10/12/2020 at 11:33 AM, kingsteveofscotland said:

As it says on the tin.

Do many of you intend on travelling to Belgrade for this and chancing getting a ticket there if a limited home crowd are allowed into the stadium?

Personally, I think I will - worst case scenario is having a few beers in a bar which is hopefully open past 10!

Did you ever book in the end? If so it's unfortunate that airlines seem to have gotten less flexible with their refunds since the lockdown back in March

Quite right oneforcolin. If you want to go to Tenerife to watch the game you go for it. I just hope you can get in for all the English who have went over there to spend their furlough money in the lockdown. I widnae listen to any of the fuds on here that seem to think they are the font of all tartan army knowledge.