Scotland vs Slovakia - Match Thread [11/10/2020] - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland vs Slovakia - Match Thread [11/10/2020]

Clyde1998

Scotland fans might get the same educaton as Killie fans. You soon stop caring about the dreary football and you learn that nothing is better than winning. 1 shot on target...nobody cares when you are winning big games.

Very solid tonight. SOD finally managed to put aside his nerves and play like he does week in week out for his club. And every player looked like they were trying their best ...which hasn't always looked the case over the last few years. 

Another professional performance tonight. Great delivery from O'Donnell and a great finish from Dykes. The back line again frustrating the away side. Gallagher has certainly played his part in the last 2 games with different partnerships. Another clean sheet and another win. Onwards we go

Just now, vanderark14 said:

This team is bonding and growing in confidence, you could see it happening on thursday and even more so tonight after the goal went in

Tom English on Radio Scotland almost happy.

Just now, Morrisandmoo said:

We also learned that mcburnie is very tidy at keeping a ball in the corner! 

I thought mcburnie did well when he came on, linked well with the midfield and wingbacks. I really wish he had scored that header, what a finish to the night that wouldve been

Just now, vanderark14 said:

I thought mcburnie did well when he came on, linked well with the midfield and wingbacks. I really wish he had scored that header, what a finish to the night that wouldve been

Absolutely. Was a glib comment about the corner possession play.he did well and was a baw hair away from a nice goal. 

I completely agree with your assessment Orraloon.  A very important game on Wednesday, depending on who we play - a full strength team or not, we are at home again.  We have to have one of the strongest form of an international team over the last 12 months - so far only dropped only 2 points.  I believe there is still much more to come from the team, but today's performance was the best under Clarke.  We are defending well and looking very composed.  

1 minute ago, Barney Rubble said:

Steven O'Donnell's best game for Scotland tonight.

I'm beginning to buy into Steve Clarke's vision. It's bloody awful to watch, but if we continue to get these results then it is worthwhile.

Craig Brown Mk. II ?

A much, much better second half. I slagged Fraser off earlier on but in the second half he played a lot better and was more positive.

Dykes has been a good addition. Thank feck he picked us. 

Robertson's last two games have been pretty good, an improvement in form for him.

Fair play to big Considine. I was worried he'd be a bag of nerves and fuck up but he kept calm and did what he had to do without any fuss.

Is Declan Gallagher our lucky charm ? We haven't lost a game in which he's played.

25 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Ive seen fraser tear teams apart in england and easily get passed players. His commitment was in question but his talent wasnt.

Im not blinded by frasers opinion of himself, i think youre talking out of your arsehole

He hasnt torn anyone apart in a scotland shirt though, that's why hes frustrating. He could have been down the wing past a few tonight and turned back. Also miscontrolled the ball at least 3 times when he would have been away. It's not good enough.

23 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

And was involved with our goal and best chance after the goal. 

Yes managed one good cross out of 6 I think I counted.

16 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

He can onto a good game in the second half. 

Wouldn't go that far.

5 minutes ago, fringo said:

Solid debut from Considine.

Fraser looks like our most threatening player up front.

Yep considine did well enough

No he fucking doesn't. Shat out a few 50/50s too

2 minutes ago, Kirk said:

He hasnt torn anyone apart in a scotland shirt though, that's why hes frustrating. He could have been down the wing past a few tonight and turned back. Also miscontrolled the ball at least 3 times when he would have been away. It's not good enough.

Yes managed one good cross out of 6 I think I counted.

Wouldn't go that far.

Yep considine did well enough

No he fucking doesn't. Shat out a few 50/50s too

What a catalogue of shite.

And on your last point so you are saying Considine did not do well. Eh he was in defence and we kept a clean sheet. Go figure.

1 minute ago, Caledonian Craig said:

What a catalogue of shite.

And on your last point so you are saying Considine did not do well. Eh he was in defence and we kept a clean sheet. Go figure.

You may think its shite that's fair enough. When fraser has a good game I'll happily say it. So far hes been poor. 

No I said he did well enough which he did. 

First half was pretty poor and a follow on from Thursday night. No shots on target but we never really looked like conceding either  

Second half I thought we were actually pretty good and can see some reasons to be optimistic for next month. 

If we can win our next 2 games then some big and exciting things are coming our way. 

8 minutes ago, DOUBLE A said:

Or the away game in Albania 

14 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Ffs did you miss the 3-2win against Israel 

I'm meaning just now, such a fuss had been made over him and how much we needed him back in. On these two games I'm not seeing it. Hopefully he sharpens up with more games this season. 

The difference Ryan Fraser makes to the team is stark. His pace and running in the channels gives the team an out ball that it just doesn’t have without him. For that reason, he should be playing every single game for as long as he shows the commitment that he has this week.

Another positive is we have alot of guys who are 26 and under so we can try and build something for the next 6 or so years. Mcginn, robertson, Tierney, mctominay, christie, McKenna, Dykes, fraser, Burke, mcburnie. These guys will be around for the next 6 years at least and we can hopefully get ppl like Gilmour coming through to add to that core of players. We get to this euros tournament then there will be a massive positive vibe around the national team that has been missing for a long time. 

47 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

I’d be utterly amazed if Considine ever pulls on a Scotland shirt again, but he was asked to step up to the plate for his country and he did just that. The usual suspects were giving him pelters before ko, but I’ve noticed that McKenna hasn’t had nearly the same grief since he signed for Forest. 

Is there some sort of connection there?????  

Ive been a critic of SOD in a Scotland shirt, but again, he stepped up to the plate tonight and got his rewards with the assist. 

Cooper's out of the Czech game, so I suspect Considine will play again there.

I've noticed the same thing about McKenna... A very underrated player on here while at Aberdeen.