Scotland vs Slovakia - Match Thread [11/10/2020] - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland vs Slovakia - Match Thread [11/10/2020]

Clyde1998

1 minute ago, Kirk said:

Expecting him to at least go past folk and be able to cross the ball, neither of which he has done at all until one good cross for.mcburnie. he is overrated to fuck man, passes back all the time. James forrest mark 2 and a diving wee fanny to boot.

Absolute drivel

2 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Absolute drivel

Hes a winger that canny run past someone and canny put a decent cross in. Dont be blinded by the fact he thinks hes a superstar. Done nothing in the last 2 games

Just now, Kirk said:

Hes a winger that canny run past someone and canny put a decent cross in. Dont be blinded by the fact he thinks hes a superstar. Done nothing in the last 2 games

Ive seen fraser tear teams apart in england and easily get passed players. His commitment was in question but his talent wasnt.

Im not blinded by frasers opinion of himself, i think youre talking out of your arsehole

Didn't think it was that scrappy... Well deserved win. Looked solid in defence, got a good goal and could have had another with McBurnie's effort. 

SOD looked good. Considine also had a solid game. Neither are likely to be long term options but credit to them both tonight.

1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

I dont think it was as scrappy as thursday. We pkayed some great passing moves in the 2nd half.

We did play some great passing moves, but it was scrappy in the sense we didn't have a large amount of clear cut chances and a number of the final balls were poor. Obviously an improvement on Thursday though.

Just looking at the table there, a win against the Czechs on Wednesday (a huge ask) would put us four points clear with two to play - with a guarantee of the better head-to-head record, should we finish level on points.

Robertson suspended, so Taylor will almost certainly come in. With some of the substitutions and how a lot of the player were looking towards the end, perhaps some players aren't as tired from Thursday as we may have thought and we may be able to play as close to full strength as possible.

5 minutes ago, COLT NY said:

Didn't think it was that scrappy... Well deserved win. Looked solid in defence, got a good goal and could have had another with McBurnie's effort. 

SOD looked good. Considine also had a solid game. Neither are likely to be long term options but credit to them both tonight.

I’d be utterly amazed if Considine ever pulls on a Scotland shirt again, but he was asked to step up to the plate for his country and he did just that. The usual suspects were giving him pelters before ko, but I’ve noticed that McKenna hasn’t had nearly the same grief since he signed for Forest. 

Is there some sort of connection there?????  

Ive been a critic of SOD in a Scotland shirt, but again, he stepped up to the plate tonight and got his rewards with the assist. 

Edited by dandydunn

Well that was a pretty good display from Scotland. We pressed them hard and worked hard. We kept the ball well and had some lovely passing moves in the second half that should of resulted in better chances on goal. Dykes took his goal well and he looks like a real find. Fair play to the guy. 

Its looking like we are going in the right direction under Clarke. We have a winnable game against Serbia next month and we are top of our group in the nations league. It's all pretty rosy. Plus we won a penalty shoot out. 

1 minute ago, dandydunn said:

I’d be utterly amazed if Considine ever pulls on a Scotland shirt again, but he was asked to step up to the plate for his country and he did just that. The usual suspects were giving him pelters before ko, but I’ve noticed that McKenna hasn’t had nearly the same grief since he signed for Forest. 

Is there some sort of connection there?????  

Yeh fair play to considine, he played well enough. Not a fan of the guy and think he's generally a poor player but if he can play OK in a back three then he should get another chance. 

6 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Steven O'Donnell's best game for Scotland tonight.

I'm beginning to buy into Steve Clarke's vision. It's bloody awful to watch, but if we continue to get these results then it is worthwhile.

I thought we played well in the second half. We carved them open with some nice passing moves. We still need more cutting edge in the final third which hopefully Griffiths or christie can provide that. 

Best performance from Scotland since McLeish was manager. All the players seemed much more confident on the ball. It's amazing what a penalty shoot out can do for the team's confidence. Slovakia are not nearly as good a side as they were when we played then a few years back, but that is a good result and a decent performance. Lot's of positives from tonight.