Scotland vs Slovakia - Match Thread [11/10/2020] - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland vs Slovakia - Match Thread [11/10/2020]

Clyde1998

1 minute ago, ProudScot said:

30 mins in and we haven’t had a sniff or even a forward pass in the final third of any note.

And we have no width again.

Theres been plenty of forward passes. try watching the game

Edited by vanderark14

19 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Theres been plenty of forward passes. try watching the game

Not in the final third.

Also Considine has passed directly to the opposition three times under no pressure. 

Stephen O’Donnell could have a rival for worst Scotland player yet... 

We've looked alright at the back and hopefully that's a sign of us being harder to beat ; but there's nothing going forward really.

Fraser possibly our best player but his diving pisses me off, and it bites him on the arse sometimes.

Dykes doesn't look too great, but he's a good option to have in the squad. Get Shankland on.

Clarke is so slow to change things, bet it'll be the same 11 and he'll make his first change around 65 minutes.

Overall, its good we look (touch wood) solid at the back ; but we couldn't score for weeks.

Yeah it's better than its been but we're still not looking that dangerous.

I think we're the better of the two teams here, and we really should be looking to pick up the three points.

We look dangerous on corners, That might be our best chance for a goal. I'd like to see Considine up there instead though.

I think it’s looking better than it has recently. Dykes, while not being much of a goal threat yet, is a real presence. More urgency to get forward so we’ll done, MacLean and Fleck. And I do agree O’Donnell isn’t the answer at RWB but I think he’s done well tonight.

1 minute ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Is Ryan Fraser trying to break the world record for most back passes ever played in a professional football match ?

Is Ryan Fraser actually fast, or does he just look very busy when he runs? A couple of times I thought he could have got away, but was either caught with the ball or didn’t get to the space in time to give the option to the passer?

Anyway, so far, so solid. Not sure what we’d do if we were having to chase a game, but here’s hoping we never have to find out ever.

3 minutes ago, Duncan Blackheart said:

Is Ryan Fraser actually fast, or does he just look very busy when he runs? A couple of times I thought he could have got away, but was either caught with the ball or didn’t get to the space in time to give the option to the passer?

Anyway, so far, so solid. Not sure what we’d do if we were having to chase a game, but here’s hoping we never have to find out ever.

Fraser is one of fastest players in the epl, his times have been clocked. Problem I have with fraser is he chooses the safe option too much instead of trying to take on players which he is easily capable of. Eddie howe tried to change Frasers mindset into a more positive one in order for him to take more chances(taking players on) in matches. 

Not sure what people are expecting of Fraser here, he is making the runs but has no one to support or help him, he has about 4 or 5 Slovakia players around him, If we had a RWB surely having someone like Matt Phillips would be better for that role than O Donnell to support the attack. 

I definitely think its a better performance and effort but the lack of opportunities really is worrying. 
Crocker is really pissing me off, dont know how many times he has said ‘nothing on target’ . Its like he has been challenged to shoehorn it in as many times as he can.