Team V Slovakia - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Team V Slovakia

Caledonian Craig

10 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Countless times, I am a closet dons fan, supported them as a kid. Playing with considine is why I always gave mckenna a pass when the dons lost badly because having to defend alongside him must be terrible. Considine is a seriously poor player and I honestly think he would struggle in the English league 1. 

Considine is a strange choice, this fae a dyed in the wool Aberdeen fan nae someone hiding in a closet 😜one things for sure is he will give his all unlike some who have been capped, plus he’s a real goal threat at set pieces. Hope he does ok or he’ll get crucified by some of the key board warriors on here. Come on Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Edited by RDFH64

3 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

I’m sure you are 🙄

Hes constantly performed for Aberdeen, has bags of European experience and as others have said, is naturally left sided. 

Would he be in if we never had all these call offs, no, absolutely not, does he deserve a chance to help out his country, yes, 100%. 

Yeh I hope he does well. Lol why would I lie about that. There's pics of me as a kid with dons strips and tracksuits on. 

3 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

Because there is a reason why they havent received a cap by this stage. 

They havent even been in consideration previously. 

Bringing in a young player like Hickey exposes him to international football and also allows him to train with 1st team players and be seen by the management team. Would be so much more beneficial than caling up players who have never been and will never be international class.

As I said before, a dependable and experienced player who did himself proud.

Easy for me to say after a clean sheet but he was a logical call up and in the game we never looked like conceding.

Lots of improvement to come but solid foundations

Just now, Texas Pete said:

He is playing in the Scottish Premiership for a top 6 club which is a better standard than English league one. 

Yeh but hes not one of Aberdeens better players, Aberdeen have a few players who I genuinely think are shite and would be league 1 players. Shay logan is one of them and Andy considine is another. There's a reason considine has never been picked up by a English championship side because they don't think he's good enough. 

23 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Yeh but hes not one of Aberdeens better players, Aberdeen have a few players who I genuinely think are shite and would be league 1 players. Shay logan is one of them and Andy considine is another. There's a reason considine has never been picked up by a English championship side because they don't think he's good enough. 

You say that like he has wanted to leave Aberdeen and go to the English Championship. Some players are happy to stay in Scotland believe it or not. 

1 hour ago, gonzohiggy said:

As I said before, a dependable and experienced player who did himself proud.

Easy for me to say after a clean sheet but he was a logical call up and in the game we never looked like conceding.

Lots of improvement to come but solid foundations

Considine played well but the call up is / was still short sighted and is the kind of thing we have being doing for years. Ian Black being a classic example. Considine will / should never be near a squad again. Is probably about our 10th best CB at a push. 

Tonight would have been much better to give one of the younger CBs a game as they will need to experience when they are actually required to step up.

Its decisions like this that contribute to why our average age of 1st cap is so high.

On 10/11/2020 at 6:24 PM, bigfingers said:

Considine starts LOL

On 10/11/2020 at 6:30 PM, bigfingers said:

He’s solid for the dons but I don’t believe considine is international standard IMO. 

On 10/11/2020 at 6:34 PM, mccaughey85 said:

O donnell and considine are terrible choices, why is Cooper not playing again. 

LOLZ

I’ll bet you two feel quite silly now.