A "Supporting Scotland" thread: A case study in optimism and positivity - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

A "Supporting Scotland" thread: A case study in optimism and positivity

Taylor1996

13 minutes ago, Dave78 said:

I get that. Can you answer my question please?

I'm not required to answer anything, mate.

You claimed, without evidence that I'm doahdeer. I said otherwise.

I have a question for you:

Is this even a football forum anymore? 

Edited by Taylor1996

Got to admit, I think it's funny how much Taylor winds everyone up.

It's also obvious he knows his football and can put a good argument forward to back up his opinions.  Give me that anyway ahead of some of the roasters on here that just keep saying all our players are shite. 

3 hours ago, Taylor1996 said:

Really? There's been 15 replies (before yours), all but one have been abusive.

My initial post was constructive. What was the reaction? Abuse and hate. Nice.

I stick by my point, though. I don't think a few certain people are fans. They're just here to spread abuse, hate and toxic behaviour. The replies that I've received are evidence.

But as Nicola Sturgeon said a few weeks ago:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/call-scottish-independence-debate-more-22749581

"You will face abuse on here (Socia media)"

"Bullies are cowards and that’s just as true on social media as it is in real life."

"By putting yourself forward, you are already showing more guts than any keyboard warrior hurling abuse."

As for the mob here? "A parcel of rogues in a nation", right enough.

I think there were 3 abusive points before mine, 4 total till now. Maybe we differ on what is considered abusive. I haven't been following if/how the mods have been interpreting the rules, in terms of abuse, being provocative, trolling, or having a sense of humour. It's hard to tell sometimes.

Edited by exile

I think there were 3 abusive points before mine, 4 total till now. Maybe we differ on what is considered abusive. I haven't been following if/how the mods have been interpreting the rules, in terms of abuse, being provocative, trolling, or having a sense of humour. It's hard to tell sometimes.

Edited by exile

20 hours ago, Taylor1996 said:
(If you're going to reply, please keep it positive, respectful and adult. Abusive and disrespectful comments will be ignored. There are tons of threads here to moan and whinge like an entitled troglodyte)

I could pepper my comments across the board, but I want my comments to be easy to find. I have suspicions that people at the SFA, the players, or even Steve Clarke gleams this place. I don't want them to think that everyone here is ungrateful, entitled, spoiled and unknowledgeable.
For so-called Scotland fans to STILL be moaning and groaning and a few STILL wanting Steve Clarke to lose his job, after last night's result, and from being 90 minutes away from doing what we haven't achieved in 22 years, is absolutely shameful.

I enjoyed last night's match, from 1st minute to 120th minute. I loved how strong we looked. How organized. How we kept our shape all match. Only allowing Israel to long range efforts. The performances will come, I'm positive of it.

The players, coaches and players need our SUPPORT. Ripping last night's performance apart and still maintaining that Steve Clark doesn't have a clue and should be sacked, well, it's shameful. To such an expect where I must question the agenda of some people here.

When he was first appointed manager, everyone on here was on the same page, for once, that Clarke's remit was to make us hard to beat. Scotland are unbeaten in six matches. I'm not sure what peoples definition of "Hard to beat" is, if that isn't it.
What do people want? For us to play like peak Brazil or Spain or Barcelona? We had players from QPR, Motherwell, Rangers, Norwich and Celtic playing last night. Our players are limited in talent. If people are actually looking for entertaining, expansive and creative football, then said people have a basic understanding of football works. Maybe supporting Scotland isn't for you

Last night Israel had 59% possession, but so what. They didn't create any chances. They didn't hit the woodwork. We did both. Not once did they pull our players out of their shape. Match by match, our players are getting used to playing with a three. The passion and unity is rising.
Game by game, we will begin to play better, it's imperative, though, that Steve Clarke sticks our current system. If we go back to a four, we'll go back to heavy defeats and being easy to play against. There was a block of four matches, last year, where we conceded 13 goals in 4 matches. Using 4 at the back. I think this was the catalyst towards Clarke realizing that our defenders aren't equipped to play with a four, at this level.

This was said, on this forum, by a certain someone on October 8, 2019:

"It's (three at the back) not a quick fix. It's not a magic wand. We've played with four at the back for seventeen years. Enough's enough. We should give a system of 3/5 at the back at least four years before we make judgements."

And of course, he was met with a wave of "No one in our squad play with a 3 at their clubs", "We don't have 3 good center backs", "3 at the back is outdated.
Cut to a year: Cooper, O'Donnel, Gallagher, Fleck, McGregor, Forrest, McBurnie, Burke, etc, play it at club level. And if you look around data sites, you'll see that around 50% of the sides in the UK play with a three. As well as Atalanta, who are tearing teams to shreds in Serie A

I'll break it down:

Three central defenders are pretty much "strength in numbers". (Which is what Roy Keane said to describe England playing with a three). When there's three, there's less holes.

None of our midfielders are partially good at passing, so a tight-knit group of three in the middle of midfield is best, as the midfielders don't get asked to do what their limited skillset stops them from achieving.

We have no wingers that can beat people, so wingbacks are the solution.

If you play with two strikers it occupies more of their opponents defenders and midfielders, give giving our midfielders more space. Plus it eases the burdon on his strike partner. (Just think how more productive Kenny Miller and Steven Fletcher would've been if they didn't have to run around like a headless chicken)
Here endeth the lesson.

It'll be quite fantastic. Scotland have played with a four, for 18 years, which consisted of 9 qualification campaigns. We've gotten to one play off. We switch to a three, and we have a change of qualifying for the next European Championships, in four matches of using a three at the back system. Quite the validation for me.

When I learned of the formation (3-4-1-2) I was delighted. I went into the match not caring around the result. It's about the big picture. They say that Christmas is cancelled? Yeah, well, each time we play with a back 3, it's all my Christmases rolled into one.

For the record, if we keep to the same system, we can beat Serbia.

Tadger1996...good to have you back wee man

1 hour ago, PASTA Mick said:

It's also obvious he knows his football and can put a good argument forward to back up his opinions.  Give me that anyway ahead of some of the roasters on here that just keep saying all our players are shite. 

Disagree, he makes some very valid points about football but doesnt cope when others disagree. Theres a reason he is on his 4th or 5th username. 

Hes said some shitty stuff to other people too.

I can only speak for myself, if i had been banned from somewhere so many times and always ended up in so many arguments, i wouldnt go back. It seems pointless unless you were a complete arsehole

EDIT it does make me laugh when he uses a man utd fans forum as somw sort of validation for his opinions 😂

Edited by vanderark14

20 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

I checked that RedCafe forum and Taylor is right; there is a respectful and literate level of debate. Suppose it's made up of prawn-sandwich munchers though. Some hilarious comments  and most seem appreciative of McTom. even at centre back.

Taylor, totally agree with the general negative attitude etc on here , but that is just us. 
mote importantly , am I confusing you with someone who declared a disinterest in the play off on Friday? If not I apologise. If so , what the turtle are you complaining about  ? Would make no sense to mither about others not doing so ( supporting the team ) if you declared yourself indifferent. 

42 minutes ago, Shaundy said:

Taylor, totally agree with the general negative attitude etc on here , but that is just us. 
mote importantly , am I confusing you with someone who declared a disinterest in the play off on Friday? If not I apologise. If so , what the turtle are you complaining about  ? Would make no sense to mither about others not doing so ( supporting the team ) if you declared yourself indifferent. 

I get it, but just because something works doesn't mean that it can't be improved. I mean, being called "worse than Cancer" for posting about football on a football forum? I really hope anyone who has lost cancer doesn't read that comment, as it's thoroughly shameful.

Some people here are bulletproof. They can behave how they please, knowing they won't get banned.

I don't mind what people say, as I have thick skin. If they had thicker skin than maybe they'd stop complaining and start putting me on hide.

No. That wasn't me. Before I made this thread, the last time I posted was 30th October.

1 hour ago, Taylor1996 said:

I get it, but just because something works doesn't mean that it can't be improved. I mean, being called "worse than Cancer" for posting about football on a football forum? I really hope anyone who has lost cancer doesn't read that comment, as it's thoroughly shameful.

Some people here are bulletproof. They can behave how they please, knowing they won't get banned.

I don't mind what people say, as I have thick skin. If they had thicker skin than maybe they'd stop complaining and start putting me on hide.

No. That wasn't me. Before I made this thread, the last time I posted was 30th October.

On 9/24/2020 at 10:33 PM, Taylor1996 said:

?

I used SofaScore as a reference:

https://www.sofascore.com/team/football/scotland/4695

Edit: Ok. The thingy playoff against Israel?

Yeah. I have no interest in the playoff match.

🤨🤔😏

You have stated repeatedly in the past that you have no interest in the playoffs. 

Presumably you have changed your mind?

3 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

You have stated repeatedly in the past that you have no interest in the playoffs. 

Presumably you have changed your mind?

Yeah. In the past. When a back four was Clarke's system of choice.

I'll make no bones about it, when we play with a back four I want us to lose. Why? Sometimes it takes difficult circumstances to get change.

People can change an opinion. 

42 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

🤨🤔😏

He actually said Friday, 9th October.

Are you always wrong?

Are you the guy who thought that I was correcting someone's typo, when in fact I was correcting my own typo.?

One more strike and you're out.

It's a wonder why doahedeer wasn't more popular here. He should've been right at home.

Edited by Taylor1996

9 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

Edit*

Shaundy asked you if you were the guy who wasn’t interested in the play-offs. You answered by saying that you weren’t that guy - the quoted post quite clearly shows you WERE that guy. No really sure why you’d blatantly lie. 

No idea why you are mentioning dates. They’re completely irrelevant. 

18 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

Shaundy asked you if you were the guy who wasn’t interested in the play-offs. You answered by saying that you weren’t that guy - the quoted post quite clearly shows you WERE that guy. No really sure why you’d blatantly lie. 

No idea why you are mentioning dates. They’re completely irrelevant. 

He said Friday, did he not?

You'd rather score (or try to score) points rather than talk about the opening thread?

Want to pick out a few typos in aforementioned post? I've spotted 10.

This place is full of doadeers.

1 minute ago, Taylor1996 said:

He said Friday, did he not?

You'd rather score (or try to score) points rather than talk about the opening thread?

Want to pick out a few typos in aforementioned post? I've spotted 10.

This place is full of doadeers.

No thank you Pinocchio, I don’t interact with liars. 

I'll make no bones about it, when we play with a back four I want us to lose. Why? Sometimes it takes difficult circumstances to get change.

I’m fairly sure he meant that that the playoff was on Friday (although it was on Thursday) rather that when the alleged poster indicated his disinterest. 

Wanting Scotland to lose because of the formation the manager chooses makes you sound like a formation fan rather than a Scotland supporter.

The formation that Clarke is using at the moment has made us almost unwatchable but I still want us to win.

People are free to change their minds about anything. I have no problem with that.  

6 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

I’m fairly sure he meant that that the playoff was on Friday (although it was on Thursday) rather that when the alleged poster indicated his disinterest. 

Wanting Scotland to lose because of the formation the manager chooses makes you sound like a formation fan rather than a Scotland supporter.

The formation that Clarke is using at the moment has made us almost unwatchable but I still want us to win.

People are free to change their minds about anything. I have no problem with that.  

Quite clearly that’s what Shaundy meant. Geppetto’s laddie blatantly trying to dig himself out of that hole is cringeworthy. 

On 10/10/2020 at 11:18 AM, Taylor1996 said:

In closing.

Well done Steve Clarke and the boys.

Reading comments in this place makes you wonder whether a mob here are truly Scotland fans.

The team is getting torn strips for WINNING a match. If the players or manager are really browsing, they must be tearing their hair out. As they just can't win.

Plus, the TAMB, it appears that a cowardly mob want to stop the poster that keeps this place alive, single-handed. Yeah. Not gonna happen. I'm here, by hook or by crook. For the long haul. :)