Serbia Next - Page 17 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Serbia Next

Caledonian Craig

1 minute ago, Tartan Chris said:

Wow this could be big...reported by Football Italia.

https://www.football-italia.net/161770/international-serie-players-banned-traveling

Would rule Kolarov and Milinkovic-Savic out of the play offs.

If that happens can see Serbia appealing to get the game postponed until March but assume Uefa will tell them they'll have to put a team out like Czechs.

Hopefully.

Imagine if this does happen, adding in the Czech debacle, it seems like we're getting all the luck for a change.

17 minutes ago, Tartan Chris said:

https://www.football-italia.net/161770/international-serie-players-banned-traveling

Would rule Kolarov, Milenkovic and Milinkovic-Savic out of the play offs.

If that happens can see Serbia appealing to get the game postponed until March but assume Uefa will tell them they'll have to put a team out like Czechs.

The Serbian FA are hoping they can sort something out I think. If they can’t it will be a big boost for us. 

There’s next to no chance the match will be moved to March. 

I’m not getting too excited about it as we could still lose players to COVID like we did last month. Not that any of the players had the virus. 

21 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

Hopefully.

Imagine if this does happen, adding in the Czech debacle, it seems like we're getting all the luck for a change.

We didn’t have much luck when we lost Armstrong, Christie and Tierney last month, especially when none of them appear to have had the virus. 

Fingers crossed there are no positive tests between now and Thursday. 

2 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

The Serbian FA are hoping they can sort something out I think. If they can’t it will be a big boost for us. 

There’s next to no chance the match will be moved to March. 

I’m not getting too excited about it as we could still lose players to COVID like we did last month. Not that any of the players had the virus. 

Its harsh on Serbia, I would be gutted if it happened to us. 

Serbia will probably still go and beat us knowing our luck. 

Just now, mccaughey85 said:

Its harsh on Serbia, I would be gutted if it happened to us. 

Serbia will probably still go and beat us knowing our luck. 

Absolutely but it was also harsh on the Czechs when they lost their whole squad and it was harsh on us when we lost Armstrong, Christie and Tierney. 

Serbia will still be favourites even if their Italy based players can’t join the squad so you may well be right. 

6 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Absolutely but it was also harsh on the Czechs when they lost their whole squad and it was harsh on us when we lost Armstrong, Christie and Tierney. 

Serbia will still be favourites even if their Italy based players can’t join the squad so you may well be right. 

They might be with bookies but I reckon alot of ppl would say its an even match or slightly in our favour if the they lose they players mentioned. They would be losing kolarov, milinkovic-savic and milenkovic. Those are three star players who would start. 

Just now, mccaughey85 said:

They might be with bookies but I reckon alot of ppl would say its an even match or slightly in our favour if the they lose they players mentioned. They would be losing kolarov, milinkovic-savic and milenkovic. Those are three star players who would start. 

Maybe. There has been a bit of movement at the bookies already. We were 4/1 a couple of days ago but we’re around 5/2 now. 

I’m not sure I would agree that it would be evens or even us being slight favourites if those players can’t make it. I would be delighted to be proved wrong though.

Even if Serbia do lose their Italy based players they will have good players to replace them and they have home advantage which still counts for something even if it is diluted these days. 

26 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

We didn’t have much luck when we lost Armstrong, Christie and Tierney last month, especially when none of them appear to have had the virus. 

Fingers crossed there are no positive tests between now and Thursday. 

True. But Tierney is the only real loss there.

Fingers crossed.

1 minute ago, Taylor1996 said:

True. But Tierney is the only real loss there.

Fingers crossed.

Christie would’ve started against Israel  last month. Just because you don’t rate him doesn’t mean he isn’t important to Scotland. 

Armstrong probably wouldn’t have started but he’s always a good option to come off the bench. 

9 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Maybe. There has been a bit of movement at the bookies already. We were 4/1 a couple of days ago but we’re around 5/2 now. 

I’m not sure I would agree that it would be evens or even us being slight favourites if those players can’t make it. I would be delighted to be proved wrong though.

Even if Serbia do lose their Italy based players they will have good players to replace them and they have home advantage which still counts for something even if it is diluted these days. 

Yeh the bookies/media will have them favourites regardless but from a personal opinion I would have it pretty even if they lost those three players. They have strength in depth but losing a centre back who plays for inter and arguably lazios main midfielder/star in milinkovic-savic I would guess that the replacement players wouldn't be as good. Plus losing milenkovic is probably a bit of shiter unless they have another quality right back. 

It would be like us losing Mcginn, Robertson and Cooper in terms of quality imo. 

7 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Christie would’ve started against Israel  last month. Just because you don’t rate him doesn’t mean he isn’t important to Scotland. 

Armstrong probably wouldn’t have started but he’s always a good option to come off the bench. 

Agreed. I'm willing to give any Scotland player the benefit of the doubt... Which brings me to Armstrong. Still haven't forgiven him for costing us a win against England.

I'm surprised that so many have.

I will move on, when and if he does something of note in a Scotland jersey.

5 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

Agreed. I'm willing to give any Scotland player the benefit of the doubt... Which brings me to Armstrong. Still haven't forgiven him for costing us a win against England.

I will move on, when and if he does something of note in a Scotland jersey.

Forgiven him? Jesus H Christ man, it’s a game of football. He didn’t do it on purpose and wasn’t the only one to blame. 

15 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Yeh the bookies/media will have them favourites regardless but from a personal opinion I would have it pretty even if they lost those three players. They have strength in depth but losing a centre back who plays for inter and arguably lazios main midfielder/star in milinkovic-savic I would guess that the replacement players wouldn't be as good. Plus losing milenkovic is probably a bit of shiter unless they have another quality right back. 

It would be like us losing Mcginn, Robertson and Cooper in terms of quality imo. 

Well we’ll find out soon enough I suppose. 

I would take a backs to the wall 0-1 right now. I’d rather we blootered them 0-3 right enough but there’s no chance of that. 

10 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Forgiven him? Jesus H Christ man, it’s a game of football. He didn’t do it on purpose and wasn’t the only one to blame. 

Do I want him to die?

No.

You have to trust football players to do their job. Managers trust players more than others (How else do you think McTominay plays and Pogba doesn't)

2 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

Do I want him to die?

No.

You have to trust football players to do their job. Managers trust players more than others (How else do you think McTominay plays and Pogba doesn't)

It was over 3 years ago ffs!

All footballers make mistakes that cost goals. 

5 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

Am I condoning booing him?

McAllister got booed for year's after his penalty miss at Euro 96. Did I boo him? No. Did I condone it? 

Stop being a drama queen.

I’m hardly being a drama Queen. I just find you funny. You’re a funny guy. 

5 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

We were 5/1 to win in 90 minutes a couple of days ago and 11/4 to qualify.

we are now 9/2 and 5/2 so hardly any swing at all.

5 hours ago, Taylor1996 said:

Which brings me to Armstrong. Still haven't forgiven him for costing us a win against England.

It's not like he scored an OG. Our defenders and keeper should have dealt with the ensuing cross better.

7 hours ago, Tartan Chris said:

Would rule Kolarov, Milenkovic and Milinkovic-Savic out of the play offs.

As I mentioned earlier this happened at the last international break and players ignored it and still travelled. Ronaldo and six other players did so and were reported to authorities but nothing major happened to them. I definitely see the same thing happening again.

Fuck them, they are not unbeatable. Bring their entire squad. We are a different squad now. We have a belief and the boys will give their all for Scotland. We have a manager that has put his faith in these lads. Fuck You Serbia , cunts !!! Scotland are Comin !!! 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿