Griffiths - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Griffiths

er yir macaroon

If we’re sticking with two up front, get Griffiths called up today. As a minimum he’ll get another two 90 mins  under his belt before Serbia. I think he’d work well with Dykes although there is an argument he seems to be better as a lone striker. McCrorie to right centre back and McTominay into midfield to cover more ground, might be a shout. I’d also look at the other McGinn for the right wing back role. I still think Greg Docherty has all the attributes for that position. 

I previously thought griffitha was done then he comes off the bench to score the winner when celtic were under pressure, maybe i wad wrong and he isnt finished. 

I agree with you, id call him to see if he can work with dykes.

If he is starting and scoring, he has to start in serbia.

Agreed, get him in (Clarke said last night he’ll be calling more players up today). 

Dykes strength, ariel power and hold-up play, Shankland’s finishing instinct (need to supply him though) and Griffiths ability to run the channels and get shots in early gives us a good mix. 
McBurnie a squad man at most. He doesn’t offer any of the attributes the other three do. 

I’d get Griffiths in the squad. Am sure Lennon won’t mind either if he gets more game time under his belt.

We really need to practice more together. On reflection, brutal as that display was last night, it came after virtually no practice together and losing some of the starters to Covid. I’m not saying it’s definitely the right way to set out our team (particularly given the right hand side), but it would get better with practice. Whole thing looked a bit disjointed.

But he/ we got the penalties right!