Scotland vs Israel - Match Thread [08/10/2020] - Page 8 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland vs Israel - Match Thread [08/10/2020]

Clyde1998

We defended better today than we have done for a while, but we are into the final and keep going.  And as an unexpected twist, we are not playing Norway.  90,120 or penalties away from EURO 2020.  I am so relieved, but what an ugly game, unbeaten in 6 games.  We need to call up some players for Sunday. 

I really dont give a shit how we won that game. Its knock out football and we are one win away from our first tournament in 22 years. 

This will lift the players big time. Another month to get mckenna, armstrong and tierney back. A month for the likes of fraser to get more match sharpness. 

Mon scotland

Edited by vanderark14

Just now, romanticscot said:

We defended better today than we have done for a while, but we are into the final and keep going.  And as an unexpected twist, we are not playing Norway.  90,120 or penalties away from EURO 2020.  I am so relieved, but what an ugly game, unbeaten in 6 games.  We need to call up some players for Sunday. 

I agree. Big shout out to Declan Gallagher who I thought did really well.

Good news is that a lot of these players won’t want to call off for the next two games.

if we had lost we would have been hit with loads of calls off.

Surprised at people being surprised Serbia got through.

it will be difficult over there as they will probably have some form of crowd as well.

One of the big problems for me tonight was the quality of balls into the box. The four from dead balls were excellent and the closest we came to scoring, but from wide positions there was only one decent ball into the box in open play, and a string of absolute crap apart from that. 

Just now, biffer said:

One of the big problems for me tonight was the quality of balls into the box. The four from dead balls were excellent and the closest we came to scoring, but from wide positions there was only one decent ball into the box in open play, and a string of absolute crap apart from that. 

That's where we missed Armstrong and Christie.

5 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Probably would rather not face Haaland in the final so possibly best for us that Serbia beat them. 

were so shite with this formation and manager though! Surely we can’t beat a good team... 

This. Also Serbia without a crowd would benefit us as less intimidation, we have always done poorly in these type of places.

But a massive step up from Israel.