Penalties - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Penalties

The Black Bra

Haven’t seen anyone mention it but I’m assuming there’s extra time and penalties tonight? There’s no space in the calender for a replay. I’m also assuming away goal don’t matter as it’s only one leg?

Pretty sure it would be Scotland’s first experience of a penalty shoot out if it happens.

It has been in the news recently because anyone watching the game in a pub in Scotland will miss the end of ET and penalties if if goes that far as the pubs have to shut at 10. 

That whiny wee knob Leitch said he would look into allowing pubs to stay open later in the event of ET but nothing has come of it. 

45 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

It has been in the news recently because anyone watching the game in a pub in Scotland will miss the end of ET and penalties if if goes that far as the pubs have to shut at 10. 

That whiny wee knob Leitch said he would look into allowing pubs to stay open later in the event of ET but nothing has come of it. 

That’s why I decided against watching it in the pub cos I assumed there would be extra time and pens, but haven’t seen much mention of it. Thought people would be making more of a big deal about Scotland potentially having a shoot out. There’s no mention of extra time and penalties on the BBC sport website or on the official UEFA preview.

27 minutes ago, The Black Bra said:

That’s why I decided against watching it in the pub cos I assumed there would be extra time and pens, but haven’t seen much mention of it. Thought people would be making more of a big deal about Scotland potentially having a shoot out. There’s no mention of extra time and penalties on the BBC sport website or on the official UEFA preview.

Playoffs are always decided on extra time and penalties (normally after 2 legs admittedly) so I’m not sure why it would be specifically mentioned anywhere.

The BBC don’t tend to mention extra time or penalties when they preview a league cup match so they probably haven’t really thought about it. 

3 hours ago, Toepoke said:

For the full team yes.

I do recall being at the U16 World Cup final though 😖

Lost the 3rd/4th place play-off at the Toulon tournament to Turkey a couple of years back as well.

The U16 WC final was a real sore one.  :( 

5 hours ago, daviebee said:

Lost the 3rd/4th place play-off at the Toulon tournament to Turkey a couple of years back as well.

The U16 WC final was a real sore one.  :( 

We also lost to the Italians in the the first Toulon tournament on pens in '77 )U221s).

Plus the U23s lost a shoot out to the Dutch at Easter Road the previous year.