Next SNP leader? - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

11 hours ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Haha here we go, take something i say then turn it around and imply i mean something else,,, i said she was a good christian quine wary of the woke brigade,, where have i implied that? One thing i will say is theres no way someone with traditional values would allow school kids to be educated in anal sex like my nephew had a few weeks back, along with the transgender bullshit,,, an utter disgrace and the current snp leader is all for accommodating the woke brigade,,, 

I hope he didn't have to do the practical exam, like some religious establishments used to force them to do?

12 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Just for the record, are Jews, Muslims, Hindus, Sikhs & Buddhists welcome in your vision of an independent Scotland or do they have to "ken their place" ?

Scotland is now "post-Christian" and is going to stay that way. 

11 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Not religious but particularly wants a leader who is a Christian. Right ......

Just out of interest, do you want the Scotland's divorce laws put back to the very tight pre-1976 ones ? Or schools to start every day with prayers and hymns ? Or Section 28 brought back ?

Why do I get the feeling you wouldn't like it if one of your family, friends or workmates said they were gay ? 

You give quite a distinct impression of that. 

I'd definitely prefer to live in the present day union rather than live in your rather grim, repressive. socially conservative, "faith and faimly" 1930s vision of Scotland.

lol. On the raging woke loony scale, that is a solid 10.

33 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I hope he didn't have to do the practical exam, like some religious establishments used to force them to do?

Blimey, so you are saying it was the religious establishments that forced sexual abuse on children. Which ones?

Jokes about child abuse are always funny though. Better get them in now as well before the Hate Bill passes. :P

35 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Would depend on how it’s taught I suppose.

My first thought is that it shouldn’t be taught in school at all though. 

You think sex education shouldn't be taught in schools? Seems like schools are the perfect place to teach.

49 minutes ago, phart said:

What's wrong about being educated in anal sex?

Never understood the objection to children being taught about things that exist in the real world, be that sexual health, drugs or whatever  

As long as it’s done in a responsible manner at an appropriate age, I don’t see the problem. 

Educating doesn’t mean encouraging and it’s better that people know the facts than pretending that things don’t exist and sticking your head in the sand   

4 minutes ago, aaid said:

Never understood the objection to children being taught about things that exist in the real world, be that sexual health, drugs or whatever  

As long as it’s done in a responsible manner at an appropriate age, I don’t see the problem. 

Educating doesn’t mean encouraging and it’s better that people know the facts than pretending that things don’t exist and sticking your head in the sand   

It's just anachronistic thinking in my opinion.

1 minute ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Not all sex acts, although I’m thinking of anal sex from a heterosexual point of view. 

I think it's the same set of mechanisms regardless of your sexual orientation. I was speaking about the act not the orientation of the people doing it.

1 minute ago, phart said:

I think it's the same set of mechanisms regardless of your sexual orientation. I was speaking about the act not the orientation of the people doing it.

Yeah I know, just clarifying my own position incase I’m accused of being anti gay. 

Maybe I am being overly old fashioned, it’s not a question I’ve spent a great deal of time thinking about. 

Edited by ParisInAKilt

5 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Yeah I know, just clarifying my own position incase I’m accused of being anti gay. 

Maybe I am being overly old fashioned, it’s not a question I’ve spent a great deal of time thinking about. 

Enough time to have an opinion on banning it from our education system though, i take it you aren't advocating banning the "traditional" sex education though as you've never commented (to my knowledge) on not wanting that taught in schools.

Schools are the perfect places to teach sex education in my opinion. Picking and choosing what acts are OK to be taught on vague subjective criteria isn't a good policy imo.

2 minutes ago, phart said:

Enough time to have an opinion on banning it from our education system though, i take it you aren't advocating banning the "traditional" sex education though as you've never commented (to my knowledge) on not wanting that taught in schools.

Schools are the perfect places to teach sex education in my opinion. Picking and choosing what acts are OK to be taught on vague subjective criteria isn't a good policy imo.

Maybe it’s not but I have a degree of sympathy with parents who are uncomfortable with the state teaching their kids about anal sex. 

Personally I wouldn’t want the state teaching my kids anything about sex or relationships but it is what it is 

19 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Maybe it’s not but I have a degree of sympathy with parents who are uncomfortable with the state teaching their kids about anal sex. 

Personally I wouldn’t want the state teaching my kids anything about sex or relationships but it is what it is 

The "state" delivers the kid into the world. Does all their dentistry work, will be in charge of and diagnose their medical needs. Will be in charge of their entire cirriculum but teaching them about anal sex is the objection. That seems to be the product of a subjective belief system rather than any sort of rational coherent evidence based objection.

What's it about anal sex that differentiates it from teaching vaginal sex? What is it about sex and relationships which differentiates it from accounting and finance or teaching German/French?

What is it about the state teaching that differentiates it from the state diagnosing medical problems?

It is tax payers who do all that. The state is just the middle man. Just because it pays for a dentist using tax payers money does not mean it should be teaching your kids about putting dicks in bums.

Surely 'sex' is reproductive sex only.

Everything else is just a human kink, e.g. blowjobs, handjobs, footjobs, titjobs, armpitjobs, backofthekneejobs, stickin it up your bum, I mean where does it end... What do they teach the kids when it comes to lesbians? scissoring, strap-on's? It must be a nightmare having to teach this class, especially the Q&A sessions.

58 minutes ago, thplinth said:

It is tax payers who do all that. The state is just the middle man. Just because it pays for a dentist using tax payers money does not mean it should be teaching your kids about putting dicks in bums.

Surely 'sex' is reproductive sex only.

Everything else is just a human kink, e.g. blowjobs, handjobs, footjobs, titjobs, armpitjobs, backofthekneejobs, stickin it up your bum, I mean where does it end... What do they teach the kids when it comes to lesbians? scissoring, strap-on's? It must be a nightmare having to teach this class, especially the Q&A sessions.

The tax payer pays for teaching too. I was just using the terms already used in the original argument.

Why is "sex" only reproductive sex? Once you have a vasectonomy the day before you have sex the day after you're indulging in a kink, what's the mechanism for that? Also 10%(an average for instance 25% of Black swan pairings are male-male) of most mammals indulge in "same sex" so not sure why it would be "human" kink; mammalian kink would more reflect observed reality.

We'll have to wait and see what specifically Loon meant by teaching anal sex I guess before we can move from general to specific.

Kumnio without trignometry we wouldn't even be having this conversation cause the technology relies on it's application amongst many other mathematical applications, used in making buildings, used in lots of forms of construction etc. Without it we'd live in a very different society. No flights, no medical imaging, no power grid, no way to make cars etc.

Now of course your point still stands if "putting dicks in bums" is more useful to you than modern society your mileage may vary as they say.

Edited by phart

2 hours ago, phart said:

Kumnio without trignometry we wouldn't even be having this conversation cause the technology relies on it's application amongst many other mathematical applications, used in making buildings, used in lots of forms of construction etc. Without it we'd live in a very different society. No flights, no medical imaging, no power grid, no way to make cars etc.

Now of course your point still stands if "putting dicks in bums" is more useful to you than modern society your mileage may vary as they say.

Phart, take a day off and take a joke for once, Jesus man its not hard.