Next SNP leader? - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

2 hours ago, aaid said:

Many of who are now doing that to the current FM.  

Its almost as if some people have other agendas. 

lol.

I recommend people go have a read of the indyref2 thread from moment the Alex Salmond accusations first were reported. Go read the pages after it and you see the same characters posting that you see now. 

Your first post on it was an absolute belter knowing what we know now.

Let's not forget...

I'm just a few pages in... it is riveting.

Edited by thplinth

6 hours ago, aaid said:

Many of who are now doing that to the current FM. 

Indeed.  It's possible to keep an open mind on Sturgeon, as it was for Salmond.

Edited by exile

On 10/9/2020 at 3:26 PM, aaid said:

I think that's a little bit unfair, there's a lot more to succession planning than public exposure and for a party of government having experience across a number of portfolios at cabinet level is probably more important albeit perhaps less obvious.   

Probably is a wee bit unfair, but I guess we’ll see. I still think that outside the people who are interested in these things, not many people have a clue who the people you mentioned are.

Also, how on earth was it not possible to spot that Mackay was - how shall I phrase this - a bit eccentric? I suppose they’re politicians right enough, so it takes something to stand out, but come on! How much resource do they put towards vetting potential candidates?

Anyway, that’s me done my politics thread for the year unless there are any decent bets anywhere.

Edited by Duncan Blackheart

If sturgeon stepped aside, she could do so and leave little damage, she could step aside saying she “wants to focus on covid” and be a covid minister or some shite like that, it would give us time to replace her with a “less damaged” FM and keep us on track,, i would go for katie forbes, a good christian quine who is a wary of the woke brigade 

Edited by hampden_loon2878

I'm wanting the whole Salmond saga out in the open as much as anyone but if people think Sturgeon is "damaged" at this precise moment they're letting themselves get carried away by biased media.  If scandal is to come, then so be it.  We'll see the consequences.

She's got popularity ratings through the roof amongst many that are not even SNP supporters.  Unionist commentators are livid at her popularity and the cause that goes with it.  Voicing that Sturgeon is a unionist plant would be ridiculed by the vast majority of people out there and rightly so.  There is probably a substantial minority starting to fret about the covid restrictions and her popularity will be tested by this in the coming months, no doubt.

4 hours ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

If sturgeon stepped aside, she could do so and leave little damage, she could step aside saying she “wants to focus on covid” and be a covid minister or some shite like that, it would give us time to replace her with a “less damaged” FM and keep us on track,, i would go for katie forbes, a good christian quine who is a wary of the woke brigade 

A good christian quine ? Cmon Loon. Seriously ? Is this a wind up or have I ‘woke’ up in 1950 ? 🙂

4 hours ago, PapofGlencoe said:

I'm wanting the whole Salmond saga out in the open as much as anyone but if people think Sturgeon is "damaged" at this precise moment they're letting themselves get carried away by biased media.  If scandal is to come, then so be it.  We'll see the consequences.

She's got popularity ratings through the roof amongst many that are not even SNP supporters.  Unionist commentators are livid at her popularity and the cause that goes with it.  Voicing that Sturgeon is a unionist plant would be ridiculed by the vast majority of people out there and rightly so.  There is probably a substantial minority starting to fret about the covid restrictions and her popularity will be tested by this in the coming months, no doubt.

This. 

21 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

A good christian quine ? Cmon Loon. Seriously ? Is this a wind up or have I ‘woke’ up in 1950 ? 🙂

Maybe you've been transported to north east fishing country? ;)

Although I thought that sort of stuff was dying out up there too?

4 hours ago, PapofGlencoe said:

And we shouldn't forget that a sizeable chunk of the population would have been quite happy to see Alex go jail, even though he wasn't guilty.

2 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

I am not a religious loon in the slightest however if it were a toss up between the very loose woke mob or a more traditional approach which a person of the claith Would bring, then there is no doubt which i would prefer, the woke mob are trouble 100%,,, i think a traditional leader would be a breath of fresh air 

18 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

I am not a religious loon in the slightest however if it were a toss up between the very loose woke mob or a more traditional approach which a person of the claith Would bring, then there is no doubt which i would prefer, the woke mob are trouble 100%,,, i think a traditional leader would be a breath of fresh air 

Just for the record, are Jews, Muslims, Hindus, Sikhs & Buddhists welcome in your vision of an independent Scotland or do they have to "ken their place" ?

Scotland is now "post-Christian" and is going to stay that way. 

I dont know if loon is at the windup or not, I suspect not.

But the woke fuckwit cunts are a massive liability IMO, and probably make up a tiny percentage of members. On twitter theres a number of them always being utter tits about trans rights, female rights, BLM pish and anything else that they think is cool.

Their behaviour is atrocious, Ive said many times that the far left and far right are closer in behaviour and attitudes towards those outwit their mindset, than they admit. The vast majority of normal centre or centre left people would be ashamed of these people.

33 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

If people choose a traditional leader that is fine, I have little  knowkedge of the woke stuff so cant comment on that. 
But I dont think religion should come into it. Over half the people in Scotland have no religion, and those who are Christians are split into different identifications. Nor do I think people who call themselves Christians are always good people.

I dont mean Kate Forbes, I just mean some folk who define themselves as christians are not always as charitable as the term suggests. 

36 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Just for the record, are Jews, Muslims, Hindus, Sikhs & Buddhists welcome in your vision of an independent Scotland or do they have to "ken their place" ?

Scotland is now "post-Christian" and is going to stay that way. 

Im not religious so couldnt give a toss

13 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Im not religious so couldnt give a toss

Not religious but particularly wants a leader who is a Christian. Right ......

Just out of interest, do you want the Scotland's divorce laws put back to the very tight pre-1976 ones ? Or schools to start every day with prayers and hymns ? Or Section 28 brought back ?

24 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Not religious but particularly wants a leader who is a Christian. Right ......

Just out of interest, do you want the Scotland's divorce laws put back to the very tight pre-1976 ones ? Or schools to start every day with prayers and hymns ? Or Section 28 brought back ?

Haha here we go, take something i say then turn it around and imply i mean something else,,, i said she was a good christian quine wary of the woke brigade,, where have i implied that? One thing i will say is theres no way someone with traditional values would allow school kids to be educated in anal sex like my nephew had a few weeks back, along with the transgender bullshit,,, an utter disgrace and the current snp leader is all for accommodating the woke brigade,,, 

Edited by hampden_loon2878

12 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Haha here we go, take something i say then turn it around and imply i mean something else,,, i said she was a good christian quine wary of the woke brigade,, where have i implied that? One thing i will say is theres no way someone with traditional values would allow school kids to be educated in anal sex like my nephew had a few weeks back, along with the transgender bullshit,,, an utter disgrace and the current snp leader is all for accommodating the woke brigade,,, 

Why do I get the feeling you wouldn't like it if one of your family, friends or workmates said they were gay ? 

6 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Why do I get the feeling you wouldn't like it if one of your family, friends or workmates said they were gay ? 

Where did i say there was anything wrong with being gay, your feeling would be 100% incorrect like many of your “feelings” expressed on this board over the years 

Just now, hampden_loon2878 said:

Where did i say there was anything wrong with being gay, your feeling would be 100% incorrect like many of your “feelings” expressed on this board over the years 

You give quite a distinct impression of that. 

I'd definitely prefer to live in the present day union rather than live in your rather grim, repressive. socially conservative, "faith and faimly" 1930s vision of Scotland.

22 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

You give quite a distinct impression of that. 

I'd definitely prefer to live in the present day union rather than live in your rather grim, repressive. socially conservative, "faith and faimly" 1930s vision of Scotland.

Well you’re impression is far from reality. 

11 hours ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

You’re probably still in the majority here