Eddie Van Halen - RIP - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Eddie Van Halen - RIP

22 minutes ago, Brummie Hibs said:

Gutted. Was a hero for me when I started playing guitar. 

So sorry, pal. Go dig out the tunes tonight.

I play too. Van Halen weren't my thing, but Eddie Van Halen... What a talent... What a talent.

I've just had a look at one of the main guitar forums and guitarists the world over are in mourning tonight. On YouTube, there are guys uploading immediate, 'I just heard the news...' outpourings.

Saw one guy on there and he's absolutely heartbroken. He said, "There have been others, but this was the one... This was the one I was dreading".

The rumours that he was very gravely ill have been doing the rounds for a while, but it's still a surprise. 

I find it interesting that the blame for his initial tongue cancer was because of holding a metal pick in his mouth while doing his trademark tapping. 

Tomorrow will be a Van Halen day, starting with 5150 - a number I use a lot in security passwords. 

3 hours ago, glasgow jock said:

Definitely downstairs, far more talent & more fun :lol:

Rockin' out on the Lake of Fire...

I imagine it looks something like this right now...

:guitar:

:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

Edited by Rich NATA