Squad for upcoming games - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Squad for upcoming games

loanhead-tartan

1 minute ago, ProudScot said:

Fairly certain Clarke is in the wrong job judging by his time in said job 😬

How much longer would you give him and what would you deem to be success/sackable?  I'm not sure we can just keep changing managers in a panic every few games, McLeish excepted as anyone could see the catastrophe that was about to unfold.

We need to see signs of progress that's for sure.

3 minutes ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

Then why wasn't he called up when he was playing well every single week...and not just 45mins in a month?

Lol not sure you would have to ask Clarke that question.

Personally I am only suggesting calling him up if a couple of centre midfielders pull out. Hes not really earned a call up before the guys in the squad. Most of our centre midfielders are playing epl or have been performing well in the spl for years ie christie and mcgregor. 

9 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Lol not sure you would have to ask Clarke that question.

Personally I am only suggesting calling him up if a couple of centre midfielders pull out. Hes not really earned a call up before the guys in the squad. Most of our centre midfielders are playing epl or have been performing well in the spl for years ie christie and mcgregor. 

Performing in the spl for years, but consistently failing on the international scene...Turnbull should have been called up during the season prior to his injury, he is a far better player than the two you've mentioned 

22 minutes ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

Performing in the spl for years, but consistently failing on the international scene...Turnbull should have been called up during the season prior to his injury, he is a far better player than the two you've mentioned 

Christies been solid for us internationally and has a great scoring and assist record for celtic, fair enough mcgregor has been pish but so has most of our squad. Turnbull might be better but hes only really had 1 good season in the spl so hes not exactly going to get in ahead of alot our midfielders who are playing epl or guys like christie. Even lewis Ferguson is arguably ahead of him in the queue. 

5 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Christies been solid for us internationally and has a great scoring and assist record for celtic, fair enough mcgregor has been pish but so has most of our squad. Turnbull might be better but hes only really had 1 good season in the spl so hes not exactly going to get in ahead of alot our midfielders who are playing epl or guys like christie. Even lewis Ferguson is arguably ahead of him in the queue. 

Turnbull is a better player than McGregor and Christie, and by a distance better than Ferguson. Had he played for Hibs or Aberdeen, he would've been in squads a couple of seasons ago

2 minutes ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

Turnbull is a better player than McGregor and Christie, and by a distance better than Ferguson. Had he played for Hibs or Aberdeen, he would've been in squads a couple of seasons ago

He had barely started playing two seasons ago. Whys he better than christie, you need to take off the motherwell specs. He's a talented young player but hes not necessarily done more than Ferguson or christie to warrant being called up before them. Mcgregors been a constant performer for a team winning titles and beating teams like rennes or lazio. He's been shit for Scotland but he's in the squad on merit. Turnbull will get his chance soon enough but hes not the messiah you think he is. 

2 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

He had barely started playing two seasons ago. Whys he better than christie, you need to take off the motherwell specs. He's a talented young player but hes not necessarily done more than Ferguson or christie to warrant being called up before them. Mcgregors been a constant performer for a team winning titles and beating teams like rennes or lazio. He's been shit for Scotland but he's in the squad on merit. Turnbull will get his chance soon enough but hes not the messiah you think he is. 

I dont believe I said he was the messiah, I suggested that hes a far more talented person than the three players you've mentioned.  

...and I've nae Motherwell specs where he is concerned, as he isn't a Motherwll player anymore.

18 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Out of curiosity, how many times should you pick players on merit when they never do it for their country. Looks like it's something that should be done but would cause a riot if it was.

7 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Out of curiosity, how many times should you pick players on merit when they never do it for their country. Looks like it's something that should be done but would cause a riot if it was.

Not sure, we have a squad of players who have been poor for us but generally do alot better at club level. Mcgregor is one of those but I can't imagine Clarke dropping him from the squad.