Fishing.... - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

28 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

That's a great photo. Your wee man must have been chuffed. Nice size as well Teeko.. Would that be a speckled trout by chance?

Cheers Ramy! He was chuffed aye, but had to wear gloves before touching it 😏

Think it’s a rainbow trout, no? 
Weird thing is, neither of us even like fish (unless it’s battered from a chippy) however the wife loves it! Polish thing, they grow up on fish and cabbage. I found the pot simmering away the other day, lifted the lid to find loads of fish heids boiling away as she was making fish soup 😆

267C1436-198E-4C2E-ACDF-7DE560AB25FB.jpeg

3 hours ago, McTeeko said:

Weird thing is, neither of us even like fish (unless it’s battered from a chippy) however the wife loves it! Polish thing, they grow up on fish and cabbage. I found the pot simmering away the other day, lifted the lid to find loads of fish heids boiling away as she was making fish soup 😆

Nice one mate. My wife loves eating fish, but has no time for fishing. She is from Nova Scotia, so loves it. My 2 boys are slowly getting into it now, more so my wee man.. I have been taking him out with me and teaching him the basics. My older son has a bird, so that's that.😉. I actually fillet and cook the fish I catch if it is a decent size. Its great Teeko your wee man can hold that fish. I have mates that their weans are petrified. Teach them young..😉👍🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

9 hours ago, McTeeko said:

Jeezo McTeeko that second photo should come with a warning. It makes my bowl of all bran look appetising. 

12 hours ago, McTeeko said:

The ones we catch aren’t big enough for a fish supper 🙈

This one looks decent though!

52F420AB-4715-4972-A3EA-1A326ADD17AD.jpeg

Thats a cracker. Would seem the wee man is as good a fisherman as he is a footballer. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/26/2020 at 10:58 AM, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Thought I would start a thread on this topic. Anyone an avide fisherman? I am going up the St.Lawrence river for Musky (muskellunge) part of the Pike family today. I have been a avide fisherman over 30 years now, mostly Bass, as we owned a caravan on a bass lake. I absolutely love it. Used to go every weekend when I could. Now with Covid, and most sports and activities being cancelled, I have been getting back into it as I know the good spots to fish and great thing is nobody else around. I have all the fishing gear you could imagine from over the years, really enjoying it again. Anyone else in Scotland, or anywhere for that matter fish? I would imagine most of the recreational fishing in Scottish rivers and lochs would be salmon or trout? 🙂🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Scotland is stunning anybody wanting to explore let me know,  I have been all over every isle from Shetland to Arran fished for Salmon, cod, plaice, sea trout every wee fish that is swimming in the sea.....people called Colin need not apply.