Aaron Hickey - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Aaron Hickey

Taylor1996

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/53999267

Hopefully Bologna mould the kid into a world-class anchorman. God knows we need a midfielder who has natural defensive intelligence. It's uncomfortable watching McGregor do his 5 yard pass backwards routine for 90 minutes. And the less said about McLean and Jack, the better.

Turning down Bayern Munich is a bold move. I hope he doesn't live to regret it.

I'm confident that either Patterson or Ashby will develop into good right back 

Edited by Taylor1996

10 hours ago, Taylor1996 said:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/53999267

Hopefully Bologna mould the kid into a world-class anchorman. God knows we need a midfielder who has natural defensive intelligence. It's uncomfortable watching McGregor do his 5 yard pass backwards routine for 90 minutes. And the less said about McLean and Jack, the better.

Turning down Bayern Munich is a bold move. I hope he doesn't live to regret it.

I'm confident that either Patterson or Ashby will develop into good right back 

You're obsessed with the anchorman role. Maybe they should mould him into a potent striker. Would maybe be more beneficial for us. 

4 minutes ago, bigfingers said:

You're obsessed with the anchorman role. Maybe they should mould him into a potent striker. Would maybe be more beneficial for us. 

I'm obsessed by the fact that we don't have players with a defensive bone in their body.

A striker isn't a priority. Our midfielders don't create chances, hell, they hardly make forward passes. Our wingers don't beat people. Even if we had Haaland, he wouldn't be be of any use. All he would be doing is making runs into the channels trying to catch long, hopeful balls. We'd make him look like a taller Kenny Miller.

8 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

I'm obsessed by the fact that we don't have players with a defensive bone in their body.

A striker isn't a priority. Our midfielders don't create chances, hell, they hardly make forward passes. Our wingers don't beat people. Even if we had Haaland, he wouldn't be be of any use. All he would be doing is making runs into the channels trying to catch long, hopeful balls. We'd make him look like a taller Kenny Miller.

Gilmour could be our anchorman. Hopefully he will allow likes of McGinn and Christie to play further up the park. 

2 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

Burgundy was better. 

Less intelligent people would call you a "troll", or a variant, but i'd rather go deeper than that, as it's more nuanced:

I obviously got your back up a while back when we, apparently, had a conversation. But I honestly don't remember. 90% of the people here bleed into one, for me. 

This has triggered a reactionary defensive response from you. This manifests itself in a passive aggressive manner, and sometimes, not so passive, to downright abusive.

You obviously can't debate like a rational person, or add anything of substance to a conversation, so you try to make up for your lack of intellect (We have a player in Serie A and you're babbling about a stupid movie!? I googled if) , ability to learn, and football knowledge, by being abusive and/or by trying to be funny.

Sorry, mate, can't go deeper than that, as I don't know you. However, if you want a deeper analysis, drop me a PM and we'll go from there.

I'd have to charge you a fee, though. But we can go into payment after you send your first PM.

If you want to follow me around the forum, like a wee puppy, fair enough. I take it as a compliment that you're fixated on me... Especially whilst I literally have no idea who you are.

However, If you choose not to take me up on my therapy offer, and you still decide to follow me around, (leaving little droppings, like a naught puppy) I shall ignore you, as my time is too precious to waste it on a person who clearly doesn't want to be helped.

So, what are your opinion on Aaron Hickey? :)

2 hours ago, bigfingers said:

Anchorman is a bit of a dated approach. Most teams place with a either a 2 in the middle or a 3. I cant think of many teams who play with one player protecting the back 4. 

Yeah. The 2 is usually a double-pivot (two anchormen) like in the 4-2-3-1.

But if you do it wrong (See Scotland and Manchester United), and try to force midfielders into the double-pivot, it's a recipe for disaster. 

2 hours ago, Taylor1996 said:

Less intelligent people would call you a "troll", or a variant, but i'd rather go deeper than that, as it's more nuanced:

I obviously got your back up a while back when we, apparently, had a conversation. But I honestly don't remember. 90% of the people here bleed into one, for me. 

This has triggered a reactionary defensive response from you. This manifests itself in a passive aggressive manner, and sometimes, not so passive, to downright abusive.

You obviously can't debate like a rational person, or add anything of substance to a conversation, so you try to make up for your lack of intellect (We have a player in Serie A and you're babbling about a stupid movie!? I googled if) , ability to learn, and football knowledge, by being abusive and/or by trying to be funny.

Sorry, mate, can't go deeper than that, as I don't know you. However, if you want a deeper analysis, drop me a PM and we'll go from there.

I'd have to charge you a fee, though. But we can go into payment after you send your first PM.

If you want to follow me around the forum, like a wee puppy, fair enough. I take it as a compliment that you're fixated on me... Especially whilst I literally have no idea who you are.

However, If you choose not to take me up on my therapy offer, and you still decide to follow me around, (leaving little droppings, like a naught puppy) I shall ignore you, as my time is too precious to waste it on a person who clearly doesn't want to be helped.

So, what are your opinion on Aaron Hickey? :)

So you don't think burgundy could do a job for us? We need an anchorman. 

7 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

So you don't think burgundy could do a job for us? We need an anchorman. 

That would be a no?

Well, it's an open invitation.

No PM? That tells me that you require an audience, meaning you have an innate need for attention, even if it's from negative circumstances. You require approval from people, the more people, the more validation you receive and it replenishes your serotonin and oxytocin levels.

10 hours ago, Taylor1996 said:

That would be a no?

Well, it's an open invitation.

No PM? That tells me that you require an audience, meaning you have an innate need for attention, even if it's from negative circumstances. You require approval from people, the more people, the more validation you receive and it replenishes your serotonin and oxytocin levels.

I got to the bit where you called him an attention seeker, and couldn't read anymore

1 hour ago, er yir macaroon said:

It’s like watching series 2 of I’m Alan Partidge in one sitting. 

Do like the statue they put up in Narch

1 hour ago, er yir macaroon said:

It’s like watching series 2 of I’m Alan Partidge in one sitting. 

Only meant to be up till today 

A keen follower of the Scotland national football team and occasional TAMB browser, Mr David Lynch had this to say after reading dozens of manic posts about Tartan Army's notorious spelling and grammar Nazis, Andy Robertson the Anchorman, and playing our U19 squad instead of the current senior squad.....

Twin Peaks Dale Cooper Laura Palmer bobby briggs Albert Rosenfield Windom  Earle ren makes things meme peaks •

away and take a double pivot tae yersel. Ron Burgundy needs to given  the respect he so clearly deserves ...... the way he mastered free-style jazz flute confirms this.

Seems a bit early for Hickey in Seria A, no? Interesting if he gets on the park. And before burgundy slaters say I’m not wanting him to do well, good luck to young Hickey.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/call-scottish-independence-debate-more-22749581

"You will face abuse on here (Socia media)"

"Bullies are cowards and that’s just as true on social media as it is in real life.

"By putting yourself forward, you are already showing more guts than any keyboard warrior hurling abuse."

Well said, Nicola. Christ! She should visit the TAMB some time and witness the abuse I take. lol.

1 hour ago, Taylor1996 said:

An actual post about Aaron Hickey. Thank you!

The match is tomorrow, though. 19:45 ko (Premier Sports 1)

You're very welcome.

Good to see him involved in the first team squad (I had expected him to be stuck in the youth squad, which usually happens with young Scottish players who make high profile moves).