Predictions for the next four matches - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Predictions for the next four matches

Taylor1996

Predictions for the next four matches  

15 members have voted

1. 1. How many points will Scotland accumulate in the remaining four matches?

Steve Clarke isn't a miracle worker. Today, 9 out of 13 Scottish players are out of Europe. And the remaining 4 squeaked past a Latvian team by scoring in the 90th minute.

We have four matches this year: Slovakia (h), Czech Republic (h), Slovakia (a) and Israel (a).

Regardless of tactics, formations and lineups, I can see us picking up two points.

12 minutes ago, Super_Scotlandfan said:

Just the small matter of Scotland’s most important game in 10+ years to play before that. 

I forgot that you like to pretend that it doesn’t matter.

?

I used SofaScore as a reference:

https://www.sofascore.com/team/football/scotland/4695

Edit: Ok. The thingy playoff against Israel?

Yeah. I have no interest in the playoff match.

Edited by Taylor1996

I legit didn't know when the Israel playoff match was going to be played.

There's a little infection called "Covid-19" that's kinda disrupted life for the past few days. Don't know if anyone's heard of it. Not everyone has kept abreast with football fixtures.

It might be in Steve Clarke's best interests if we lost the playoff match to Israel.

Beating Israel in the playoff could ultimately signal the demise of Steve Clarke as the Scotland manager. If we got Norway in the final, and Haaland was in top form, we could easily lose to them by 7+ goals. It would be hard to imagine Clarke still being in a job after that.

12 hours ago, Taylor1996 said:

Steve Clarke isn't a miracle worker. Today, 9 out of 13 Scottish players are out of Europe. And the remaining 4 squeaked past a Latvian team by scoring in the 90th minute.

We have four matches this year: Slovakia (h), Czech Republic (h), Slovakia (a) and Israel (a).

Regardless of tactics, formations and lineups, I can see us picking up two points.

Why do you think there are only 4 Scots left in Europe?

There is Robertson, McTominay, Gilmour, Tierney, Jack, Christie, McGregor, Taylor, Forrest, Johnston and Turnbull all at a club that is still in Europe. 

4 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

There is Robertson, McTominay, Gilmour, Tierney, Jack, Christie, McGregor, Taylor, Forrest, Johnston and Turnbull all at a club that is still in Europe. 

I actually meant Scotland players that are based in Scotland.

I'll give you Robertson, McTominay, Gilmour and Tierney. I'll reserve judgment on Johnstone, Turnbull and Taylor.

Players like McGregor, Jack, Christie and Forrest have had their chance with Scotland. They've shown that they are not international quality players.

My point is that (Take out Robertson, McTominay, McGinn, Gilmour and Tierney) none of our players are international class. The vast majority of our players (including EPL based players) are not equipped to even match Israel or a depleted Czech side.

It's unfathomable why people are calling Steve Clarke clueless when it's glaringly obvious that our players are simply not good enough. 

3 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

The guys trolling, I used to respond to his replies but realised he was on the wind up(or just really stupid). 

Edited by mccaughey85

3 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

The guys trolling, I used to respond to his replies but realised he was on the wind up(or just really stupid). 

Yeah. Because it's common knowledge that our next match is the playoffs.

Someone should tell SofaScore, as they don't even know.

Again. No idea ever talking to you. You were abusive to me on our previous engagement. And yet I'm the troll? Ok then. Makes sense.

Someone above posted our 4 games as the Nations League games, I was pointing out that our next game actually is our play off.  Yes I did pick the 9-12 points, and I am optimistic.  I think we will beat Israel, Slovakia and the Czech but lose to Slovakia away.  I really am going out there, one thing I haven't factored is three games in less than a week.  

Edited by romanticscot

32 minutes ago, romanticscot said:

Someone above posted our 4 games as the Nations League games, I was pointing out that our next game actually is our play off.  Yes I did pick the 9-12 points, and I am optimistic.  I think we will beat Israel, Slovakia and the Czech but lose to Slovakia away.  I really am going out there, one thing I haven't factored is three games in less than a week.  

I know.

My pissy comment wasn't directed at you, mate. I appreciate being corrected. :)

I definitely applaud your optimism. Wish I could share it. 

Yeah. And the Old Firm are playing on the Sunday before the playoff match, so it's going to even more of a fixture congestion.

3 hours ago, Taylor1996 said:

I know.

My pissy comment wasn't directed at you, mate. I appreciate being corrected. :)

I definitely applaud your optimism. Wish I could share it. 

Yeah. And the Old Firm are playing on the Sunday before the playoff match, so it's going to even more of a fixture congestion.

At least you're accepting there is a play off game👍Baby steps 

28 minutes ago, todd said:

At least you're accepting there is a play off game👍Baby steps 

I suppose.

My opinion of it (and the whole concept of the Nations league) won't change, though. At least, not for a few years. Till a few good players come along, I'll always view it as glorified friendly tournament.

I know that this isn't a popular opinion, but, losing to Israel in the playoffs might be a good thing.

I have a feeling at the pit on my stomach, if we face Norway, and Haaland has a good day, we could end up losing by half a dozen... Or more. That'll probably be the end of Clarke as the Scotland boss and it'll be back to square one.

• 3 weeks later...

As we have having a season of tooting our own horn, I was the only person who picked 9-12 points for the then next 4 games.  Toooooooooooooot. I'm pretty sure someone will point out against Israel that may be considered a draw at full time, and there are no points in a knock out tournament. 

Edited by romanticscot

8 minutes ago, romanticscot said:

As we have having a season of tooting our own horn, I was the only person who picked 9-12 points for the then next 4 games.  Toooooooooooooot. I'm pretty sure someone will point out against Israel that may be considered a draw at full time, and there are no points in a knock out tournament. 

100% Kudos.

(A caveat to that is I was under the assumption that we were going to play 4-2-3-1. If we had, we would've won 0-3 points. ;) )

25 minutes ago, romanticscot said:

I'm pretty sure someone will point out against Israel that may be considered a draw at full time, and there are no points in a knock out tournament. 

Oh wait. The four matches aren't over.

The poll was for the remainder 4 Nations League matches. Not the playoffs with Israel.

I forgot about the Playoff match.