Internet Help - Strimmer Related - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Internet Help - Strimmer Related

Because of the boring nature of my request, I thought I would ask the TAMB.  There must be some one here who can tell me what this is called and where I can find it?

I purchased a new strimmer that doesn't require spool but uses a blade.  Following?

I obviously want spares for the future, but the seller on Amazon (who to be fair has given me a refund over this) can't tell me the Blade type/where to purchase.

Can any one help?

412716805_installed2.jpg.90f3baaee658217d64a086304e9f883f.jpg

1217217250_install1.jpg.16d56cace194461544d5e55df81c0925.jpg

Nb; This is a promotional picture, and not my hands.

The silver bit is called a screw. ;)

The orange bit is the strimmer blade, but you knew that already. I often say to folk that there is no such thing as a daft question but sometimes I am proved wrong. :lol:Check out the manufacturer's website. They will be more expensive so you could try ebay. Or, just make your own out of a bit of plastic.

4 hours ago, dandydunn said:

What’s the brand of the strimmer?

Do you know anyone with a 3D printer, they would be easy enough to make yourself. 

Its some dodgy Chinese thing; I tried the strimmer earlier and its brand new to be fair.  I'll give Aliexpress a try.

Never thought of the 3d printer route 

34 minutes ago, Debian said:

Its some dodgy Chinese thing; I tried the strimmer earlier and its brand new to be fair.  I'll give Aliexpress a try.

Never thought of the 3d printer route 

If you need to try it out some more, you’re more than welcome to come to mine and use it. 

Maybe take a lawnmower, shovel and decent back too 👍🏽

• 1 month later...
On 10/30/2020 at 10:38 PM, Eisegerwind said:

How's this all worked out, back burner till next summer.?

Clocks have changed, grass stops growing. 

This’ll be forgotten about until March/April and the op will crack up again and get his heed nipped from the wife for buying shit products off Amazon.  

Edited by dandydunn