The new board layout - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The new board layout

47 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Did you get this notification? 

Just noticed I’ve 115 responses to attend to 🤯

I sent a message to admin via the contact page the other day as I needed to send a PM to someone as it was the only way to contact them. I am permanently signed onto the board on my phone,  just for speed as it saves me signing in and out each time, but I could not send any PM’s since the upgrade. Its not that much of a problem as I dont send PM’s often but this was important. I couldnt even sign in on a computer to send the PM  as i couldnt sign out on my phone either. 

It looks like they have sorted the problem which is good.
Bad news is I have 128 responses 😂

1 minute ago, TAMB1 said:

Also for info that’s me just seeing this thread sorry for the delay!

Any technical stuff give myself a DM or use the contact link and it’ll get my attention faster.

Whilst we have your attention TAMB1, I think I speak for dozens of posters on the TAMB when I ask

Why in the name of sanity hasn't rolling hills been banned ? He's destroying the forum. Get rid of him.

• 1 year later...

Has the layout been changed again? I thought Anything Goes had been abandoned until I noticed the greyed out ‘ Non TA ‘ box. Its not exactly obvious.
Must be the same folk running this as is running the SFA ticket website. 

In other news, I totally forgot Orraloon used to be a black square. 

23 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Has the layout been changed again? I thought Anything Goes had been abandoned until I noticed the greyed out ‘ Non TA ‘ box. Its not exactly obvious.
Must be the same folk running this as is running the SFA ticket website. 

In other news, I totally forgot Orraloon used to be a black square. 

Whit are you on aboot?

27 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Whit are you on aboot?

The layout is different. There used to be a separate heading in bold for Anything Goes, on the front page, Non TA just related to the NonTA football did it not ? Now it is all lumped in together and in grey which makes it look a bit like it is unavailable, like on Microsoft products. 

6AAF194C-9406-4669-8DA3-A94BCE4E27BE.thumb.jpeg.f55fd8894de3702846beb8acb5517d45.jpeg

5 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Its not always been there though has it? Please tell me I am not losing the plot ? Did it not used to be on the front page , I mean like 2 days ago ? 

That is my default "front page" for years (Forum page) on my favourites bar so I assumed it's the same others use......I'm not sure what are are or aren't seeing. Sorry.

Edited by fringo

3 minutes ago, fringo said:

That is my default "front page" for years (Forum page) on my favourites bar so I assumed it's the same others use......I'm not sure what are are or aren't seeing. Sorry.

I dont have a favourites bar or of course you would be there Fringo 😬

Its no problem now I know where it is, it just threw me a bit yesterday as it had gone from being a section in dark font on the front page to being within a wee greyed out area.  

I can now get back to moaning about Boris and the biscuit crumbs Mr Tidy has left on the coffee table.

3 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I dont have a favourites bar or of course you would be there Fringo 😬

Its no problem now I know where it is, it just threw me a bit yesterday as it had gone from being a section in dark font on the front page to being within a wee greyed out area.  

I can now get back to moaning about Boris and the biscuit crumbs Mr Tidy has left on the coffee table.

😄

On 2/2/2022 at 1:02 AM, Grim Jim said:

image.jpeg.36908081a3a52a11fef59c77c140eb69.jpeg

Aye, I can see that. But I would bet my hoose it wasn’t always displayed that way and definitely not greyed out. Canny believe I am not the only person that thinks it looks like an area that cant be accessed. Maybe I spend too much time on Microsoft. 
I dont think its a particularly clear way to sell sections within the board but I doubt anyone cares either 🙄

On 2/5/2022 at 3:45 PM, TDYER63 said:

Aye, I can see that. But I would bet my hoose it wasn’t always displayed that way and definitely not greyed out. Canny believe I am not the only person that thinks it looks like an area that cant be accessed. Maybe I spend too much time on Microsoft. 
I dont think its a particularly clear way to sell sections within the board but I doubt anyone cares either 🙄

Thanks for coming back Tidy.   Took me a bit to work out that the wee arrow made stuff go grey, but then that's not my normal door in.   (I hit 'Unread Content' and usually skip club related stuff 'cause can't be bothered with the aggro.   Most probably skip the political stuff for the same reason 🤬 🤣 )

15 hours ago, Grim Jim said:

Thanks for coming back Tidy.   Took me a bit to work out that the wee arrow made stuff go grey, but then that's not my normal door in.   (I hit 'Unread Content' and usually skip club related stuff 'cause can't be bothered with the aggro.   Most probably skip the political stuff for the same reason 🤬 🤣 )

😂😂 ‘unread’ content is probably the way to go, but if there is a long way to do something you can be sure thats the route I take 🙄 
The good news is the layout is back to normal, hooray ! 

FF999C98-567F-45BF-8A3F-017AB18C98C9.thumb.jpeg.4a4df3d43fa6461b66b9e0c06f6bdea2.jpeg