The new board layout - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The new board layout

@Admin is anyone investigating these issues ? 
To save you wading your way through this entire thread , entertaining as it is 🙄, there appears to be issues for mobile users namely :

1. No notification area

2. Cant sign  out

3. Cant edit a post

See Tiny Tims post above.  Feel free to give his crutch a kicking whilst you are there. 

2 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

give his crutch a kicking

Hmmm. I’m not sure if you’ve sorted your spelling out or not.

I thought that if I logged out on my computer it would log me out altogether but I’m still logged in on my phone! :hammer:

I’ve never used the words log, logged or logging so much in my life. Dog maybe :whistling:

20 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

@Admin is anyone investigating these issues ? 
To save you wading your way through this entire thread , entertaining as it is 🙄, there appears to be issues for mobile users namely :

1. No notification area

2. Cant sign  out

3. Cant edit a post

Re #3, hit the 3 dots in the top right of your post, it gives you the opportunity to edit the post for a short time as was the case before.

Edit... it works :ok:

Edited by Toepoke

I've an old iPad, which is generally pretty okay at dealing with most things.

I can't quote a post, in fact I can't even reply to a post at all.   The links for "quote" are missing as is the text box to add a reply.

I can view posts and that's it.   I get that I'm on out of date kit but this upgrade really is broken badly.

5 hours ago, ParisInAKilt said:

No new posts here in over 12 hours 

Nothing's changed. I've packed in trying on my phone and I only really use my computer for work. I get a new phone sometime next week but I can't see the problem being with that as the one I have is using the latest iOS. 

The board has been losing half its posters every time we have a horrendous 'upgrade'. This must be about the fourth in a row.

We had one that absolutely killed it. Heaps of long term posters disappeared. And then another one killed even more.

I think they are now going in for the kill. :P

4 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Re #3, hit the 3 dots in the top right of your post, it gives you the opportunity to edit the post for a short time as was the case before.

Edit... it works :ok:

Cheers Toepoke. Will give it a go and test it 👍

Hooray, it works ! But dont expect any improvement on the content of my posts 😊

Edited by TDYER63
Testing testing

20 minutes ago, thplinth said:

The board has been losing half its posters every time we have a horrendous 'upgrade'. This must be about the fourth in a row.

We had one that absolutely killed it. Heaps of long term posters disappeared. And then another one killed even more.

I think they are now going in for the kill. :P

Stop being so depressing, Tuesdays are bad enough, and I need to find 10k + steps a day for the next month for a walkathon. I can only take so much 🙂

On 9/19/2020 at 2:07 PM, TDYER63 said:

Sound of silence from admin.

Has anyone on a mobile worked out how to get notifications , and, for Timy Tim’s benefit, how to sign out ? 

I get a notification at the bottom when I come back in, but nothing on the tab at the top where it used to be. 

The three horizontal bars are no longer there on a phone. That’s where you used to sign in and out, get notifications and send/receive messages. How do you do any of those things now on a phone? I’m all for upgrades but I don’t think you should lose functionality. It would be good to get some sort of explanation as to why they’ve removed it.

CF50097A-85D7-462B-8266-390453FED5A5.jpeg

58E5C377-C677-4F5F-AED6-1E7A57633BFF.jpeg

On 9/23/2020 at 4:54 PM, dandydunn said:

I get a notification at the bottom when I come back in, but nothing on the tab at the top where it used to be. 

Yeah, I do too. But if you have more than one notification you only see one of them. Its pretty shit really,  unless I am missing something. 

2 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Yeah, I do too. But if you have more than one notification you only see one of them. Its pretty shit really,  unless I am missing something

Sounds like you are missing your notifications.;)

Out of interest, what do you need them for anyway?

3 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Sounds like you are missing your notifications.;)

Out of interest, what do you need them for anyway?

😁

If,  on the odd occasion I say something of interest,  and more than one person quotes me then it would be good to know they have in case I want to respond. When you come onto the board using a mobile you are only alerted to one notification . Thankfully I only ever really post in this part of the board so I would probably come across the other notifications when I was reading through the thread,  but if someone posted on many threads they would need to check them all to see if anyone had quoted them. Who can be bothered doing that. 

Or, I may want to send you a PM saying ‘ get off my back about notifications ya cheeky bassa’ , but alas there is nowhere to start a PM on a mobile 🙂

5 minutes ago, Tiny Tim said:

It’s just become too much hassle to bother on a phone so here’s my one post of the week from my computer.

I see you. There you are. I’m checking you out. :wave:

😂 
I fear it may be a cunning plan to get rid of both of us once and for all. 

I must say I am really jealous of the emoticons on a computer. Particularly the wee rolling about laughing emoji. 

Edited by TDYER63

10 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

😂 
I fear it may be a cunning plan to get rid of both of us once and for all. 

I must say I am really jealous of the emoticons on a computer. Particularly the wee rolling about laughing emoji. 

If you scroll all the way down the emojis on your phone, all the old ones are there :rollsmile:

Right, that’s two posts. No more.

Even on the desktop version they made it super tricky to sign up or log in. Having a black font on the dark blue background was a stroke of evil genius as they are near invisible to the human eye. Maybe an owl could still see them.

Edited by thplinth

• 1 month later...
On 9/26/2020 at 6:27 PM, TDYER63 said:

😁

If,  on the odd occasion I say something of interest,  and more than one person quotes me then it would be good to know they have in case I want to respond. When you come onto the board using a mobile you are only alerted to one notification . Thankfully I only ever really post in this part of the board so I would probably come across the other notifications when I was reading through the thread,  but if someone posted on many threads they would need to check them all to see if anyone had quoted them. Who can be bothered doing that. 

Or, I may want to send you a PM saying ‘ get off my back about notifications ya cheeky bassa’ , but alas there is nowhere to start a PM on a mobile 🙂

Did you get this notification? 

Just noticed I’ve 115 responses to attend to 🤯